PDA

View Full Version : What is is the best one click hosting service?

pone44
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I am thinking of buying a one click hosting service plan but do not know much about usenet,MU,hotfile,etc.
Which one would be the best all around service to invest in?

P2PDog
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Rapidshare used to be king, but due to the changes they've made recently, a lot of uploaders seem to have deserted them, and sites that used to be exclusively rapidshare are now allowing other hosts. I've found that hotfile seems to be fairly well represented in most of the DDL forums/blogs. I gave both MU and hotfile a try and I decided to stick with hotfile simply because it seems to be more widely used. The speeds, etc were about the same between the two.

pone44
08-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Is hotfile better than usenet, with content,speeds?

P2PDog
08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
No idea. I've never tried Usenet for downloading. It's one of those things I've been meaning to try, but just never got around to setting it up. I have grown fond of DDL lately, though. I use it more than torrents nowadays.

Sonnentier
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
It really depends on what you're looking for. To see what Usenet has to offer, you could search binsearch.info and have a look at the NZB section here at FST.

While file hosting services usually allow limited use for free, most of the newsgroups are only accessible with a paid account.

cherio
08-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Don't buy any premium account. Use jDownloader to automatically downloaded for free. Hotfile has newest files but premium speed is slower than others. It is fast during some times of the day. Rapidshare is still good for old stuff but not for latest since many uploaders have switched hosts because of all the bad changes. MU free is great so I don't get why anyone would need to buy.

Funkin'
08-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Each file hoster has it's pros and cons. Without a doubt, the most content is uploaded to Rapidshare. So I would personally recommend getting a RS account and go to any of the big forums to download(like Warez-BB). RS plans are now like usenet block accounts. You can buy different plans, that will let you download so much. It's actually pretty cheap. Megaupload, you can download quite a bit day as a free user. But...you're not going to find as much content hosted to MU as you will RS. Mediafire, you can download all you want as a free user. But just like MU, you're not going to find as much content as RS.

Usenet is something totally different. But it is also great. For that go into the Newsgroup forums and have a look around. Just like RS, there's an ocean of content on usenet. For this I would recommend buying a block account for you to see if you like it before committing to a monthly plan. I know with Astraweb you can get a 180GB block account for $25. Other usenet providers also have block accounts, and they may be better than Astrawebs. So I would do some research.

darksub
08-07-2010, 12:33 PM
My favourite is MegaUpload - good speeds and all that. For me it's the best.

RasToRizE
08-08-2010, 11:13 AM
megaupload or mediafire imo

TONiC
08-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I bought a MegaUpload premium account and found myself barely using it, however it did also allow me to use MegaVideo if I ever wanted to stream something... with hindsight I should've bought a HotFile account, as it is much more widely used by the auto-uppers.

Stabber
08-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I prefer rapidshare because it's the most widely used . Rapidshare + warez-bb is all you need really . If hotfile gets more popular than rs then i will switch to hotfile

whatsalah
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
My preferred hosting services are rapidshare and megaupload.
Plus, there are some sites which give you an option to download without a premium account ;).

pone44
08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I do have to some research before deciding which hosting service. I never knew usenet was a different from HF,MU,etc. Never tried anything but a Rs account that a member gave me in a giveaway here a while back and i did not dl anything. Only had a few hours to use it. Not looking for new releases,i want to find content that is not on private 0 day or elearning,music,movie trackers. A one click hosting service seems to be a better choice over public bt sites.
Thank you all for the replies.
I would like more feedback/experiences on the pro's and con's of each service. Usenet, all of them.

Rayer
08-12-2010, 09:23 AM
The drawback of shared hosting is that if the hosting company shares too few servers between too many clients, then your site could become dramatically slow. This can be acceptable to some level if your primary concern is price (see our cheap hosting page). However, studies have shown that if your home page takes more than 10 seconds to load, visitors will start to abandon your site. On this top 10, we restricted our selection to companies capable of delivering professional speed & quality hosting services.

lukarav
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
My prefered hosting service is hotfile, cause i have a premium account with them, but also because people who download files with non-premium can get very good speeds.

A
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
are there usenet forums?like what Warez-BB is to sharing one click hosting links?

Hiccup
08-13-2010, 12:06 AM
I used to be a huge rapidshare fan, but for several weeks now I've been getting crappy, intermittent speeds. I have never had a problem with Mediafire/Megashares/Megaupload/Uploading.to/Zshare and prefer this combo to RS, when available. Depositfiles and Hotfile are decent, but not as good as the ones mentioned above.

heiska
08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
are there usenet forums?like what Warez-BB is to sharing one click hosting links?

There are lots. http://www.u4all.eu/unet/index.php is one of the best nzb forums IMO.

baskinghobo
08-17-2010, 12:44 PM
i would say mediafire but if all the forums start using it then it will turn into the next rapidshare so i will stick with megaupload and there unlimited pay once option.

qOuOp
08-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Will I would suggest hotfile to you. it is the king now but it is following the same RS policy of deletion of copy right protected contents. So man stick to the torrents.

baskinghobo
08-22-2010, 07:07 AM
MU does have restrictions, Mediafire you can download as much as you want but less content. You could buy a unlimited account for $250.

Stabber
08-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I actually have both hotfile and megaupload at the moment and i find both services great even though i think the content at hotfile is more

elbuitre
08-23-2010, 08:25 PM
mediafire, i dont care if it's a bit slow... not with multiple downloads allowed.

anon
08-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Rapidshare got slapped for giving you points every time someone downloaded your files. I'm surprise they have yet to nudge Hotfile for giving people money instead.

pone44
08-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Yeah, I am looking to download only. So hotfile may catch some heat for paying uploaders in the future, maybe it is better to stay away?

Rapidshare got slapped for giving you points every time someone downloaded your files. I'm surprise they have yet to nudge Hotfile for giving people money instead.

Stabber
08-24-2010, 09:52 AM
In my opinion hotfile is the best choice at the moment . There is far more content hosted on hotfile than on mu . Just make some searches over at warez-bb to see what i'm talking about

anon
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
So hotfile may catch some heat for paying uploaders in the future, maybe it is better to stay away?

Maybe, although their speeds are good, and they're being used for hosting files every time more and more. Even if they do get nudged about their rewards program, I doubt the "cops" are going to go after downloaders, but rather Hotfile's staff.

cata2008
08-24-2010, 02:53 PM
My prefered hosting service is hotfile

faudio
08-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Rapidshare killed themselves with recent changes :\

rdtphd
08-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I agree

Just buy the most expensive service you can that will prolly work the best and since u will be paying for the service you'll be protected from any possible copyright issues because you can show that you indeed payed good money to d/l those files. sorry for being a dick but i hope you see my point. :frusty:. not that anybody would ever knowingly or unknowingly download any copyrighted material that they did not properly pay for to the correct people or was distributed to them from a licensed vendor.

My question is why pay for additional services to download illegally distributed content when you can get it without paying for any additional service. Put that money into getting a faster internet connection speed.

Skiz
08-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Is hotfile better than usenet, with content,speeds?

God no.

In every single aspect you can drum up. No. No. No.

nemo8
08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Hotfile, but if you want to upload bigger files, then rapidshare, because you can upload 100mb more!

coaxial
09-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Been using justhost cheap and been amazing

ma7moud1
09-07-2010, 03:52 AM
SendSpace oR Mediafire ...

risys
09-09-2010, 03:32 AM
magaupload imo
though upload to their server can be pain

Funkin'
09-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get me a MU premium. Before I was happy downloading free because I didn't use the hoster as much as RS, and it's very easy to download as a free user with MU. But now, I'm downloading more and more through this hoster. And to be able to download more than link at the sametime and to have no wait times between links will be very nice.

RS definitely still has the most content, and you should keep an account around to be able to grab what you want when you want. But I definitely think MU is going to be the way to go for newer files from now on.

crazydogman
09-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Megaupload. If you want to download free use mediafire.

anon
09-10-2010, 03:05 PM

You can download for free on MU also. :unsure: They aren't as relaxed as MF, however.

bijoy
09-10-2010, 07:51 PM

You can download for free on MU also. :unsure: They aren't as relaxed as MF, however.

really?

anon
09-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Yes, really.

talkboy
09-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Fileserve the best at the moment.
Hotfile also good.

(rapidshare is still good for downloaders..)

nye
09-11-2010, 02:54 AM
I use Dropbox's public folder. ;)

sinman
09-15-2010, 02:35 PM
rapidshare

koolkat
09-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Hotfile is the best

Texas
09-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Without a doubt Megaupload. Never had any problem downloading from there.

WindWalkerX
09-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Unless you plan on downloading 100+gbs or a lot of small files in a single month, there is no reason to pay for premium.
I once had over 3,000 links backed up on Rapidshare, so I went ahead and bought a premium account for a month. I now have close to 1,000 on hotfile. I may go ahead and pay for a month on there as well. But I have a problem with collecting things I will never use, lol

liliglobe
09-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I also plan for buy a click hosting service. RS plans are now like usenet block accounts. You can buy different plans, that will let you download so much. It's actually pretty cheap.

Renzokuken-
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Megaupload. Because when you up a video, you are given the option to 'view' it streaming rather than download it.

rokky
09-23-2010, 11:13 AM
hello guys...
thanks for sharing information..

Hiccup
09-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I have come to the conclusion, even with my last post, that it just depends. I don't know why, but as being mostly a free user, it seems that the best one click hosting service seems to have a lot of variance and shifts from to the next. For instance, I was recently have great success with RS, but that has turned once again and am now suddenly having great success with FileServe/Ifolder and others, while having difficulty with uploaded.to and a couple other i've tried. Also, I've found any service that has resumable DLing is pretty much awesome.

berfor
09-25-2010, 11:05 PM
megaupload for sure

orcka
09-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Without a doubt Megaupload. Never had any problem downloading from there.

I don't know what their download limits are but the "download limit exceeded" messages seem to be random....for me...

anon
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
download limit exceeded

You'll get that message if you're already downloading a file from MU, or the number here (http://megaupload.com/mgr_bdr.php) is 0.

derrickhand300
10-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Do not use 4Shared-I have found they have been ripping me off-charging me for huge amounts of bandwidth for files that do not even exist in my account...just an FYI

anon
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Do not use 4Shared

Not for uploading, maybe. 4S's speeds are awesome and its restrictions quite relaxed.

tyyymyshoe
10-11-2010, 03:25 PM
There are so many file hosting services poping up here and there, for an updated directory of one click flie hosters go to http://www.filehostingdirectory.com. Depending on what you want out of your file hoster (rewards program, leeching options, max file size, downloading bandwith/wait timers, ect) you might want to look at some different file hosters to see the best available options.

tyyymyshoe
10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I've also noticed that when I use file hosters that arn't the most popular in the current trend (fileserve, hotfile, megaupload, megashares), I find that my links arn't removed as quickly. I was using hotfile or fileserve and it seems like my link doesn't work after a week of posting it, while using enterupload.com and other various sites I've had original music releases for a few months without having them removed. I think the pressure to remove copyrighted files is on the larger, more popular file hosts.

I just know when I spend the time to upload some movies or music cds, it really sucks when my files have been removed before I can blink.

anon
10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
There are so many file hosting services poping up here and there, for an updated directory of one click flie hosters go to http://www.filehostingdirectory.com.

Nice link. :)

parkaboy
10-12-2010, 08:42 AM
There are so many file hosting services poping up here and there, for an updated directory of one click flie hosters go to http://www.filehostingdirectory.com.

Nice link. :)

brilliant, actually! i'd not seen that! cheers!:D

GermanGuy
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi. I can only tell how i see it. I had Rapidshare Premium for a few years. Even uploaded more then 2TB there ( but then RS changed so much to the worst). But since like 6 Months i use Netload Premium. Upload runs smooth via ftp. Download no traffic limit so u can leech as much as you want every day.

skywalker91
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
for me mediafie
i usually search cracked software from it
it's easier than searching on BT

tyblos
10-27-2010, 05:53 PM
for me mediafie
i usually search cracked software from it
it's easier than searching on BT

do you know some forum that use mediafire links for the new releases??

cumps

anon
10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
do you know some forum that use mediafire links for the new releases??

http://scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=Mediafire+forum&n=2

As of my last check, they were all rather small, though. You're better off searching for what you want on Warez-BB and hoping there'll be MF links. :P

Pandorra
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I think MediaFire

Shinzen
10-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Fileserve is good so far even for free downloads Speeds r great i can get around 234 Kbps on a 2Mbps Connection also allows large file size & wait times r less compared to other File hosts

anon
10-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Fileserve is good so far even for free downloads Speeds r great i can get around 234 Kbps on a 2Mbps Connection

I have reached even more on my 3Mbit, they're like Megaupload in that regard.

Nowadays I use OCHs for downloading, and always go for FS links if available.

Shinzen
10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Fileserve is good so far even for free downloads Speeds r great i can get around 234 Kbps on a 2Mbps Connection

I have reached even more on my 3Mbit, they're like Megaupload in that regard.

Nowadays I use OCHs for downloading, and always go for FS links if available.

Whats OCH , an download manager ?

anon
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
OCH = One-click hoster.

Shinzen
11-01-2010, 05:17 AM
OCH = One-click hoster.

Thanks for the abbreviation

dagaul101
11-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Godaddy is supposed to be really good

Shinzen
11-07-2010, 12:38 PM
You mean this Godaddy (http://www.godaddy.com/) ?

googleme
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
I still stick to RS, MU and MF

anon
11-07-2010, 04:11 PM

Look, we have a perfect case of "I'll just post shit to reach those 20 posts" here. Posting "GoDaddy" on a thread called "what is is the best one click hosting service", come on... :rolleyes:

Shinzen
11-08-2010, 06:26 AM

Look, we have a perfect case of "I'll just post shit to reach those 20 posts" here. Posting "GoDaddy" on a thread called "what is is the best one click hosting service", come on... :rolleyes:

LOL yeah , maybe poor guy doesn't know the difference i wish these guys just ask around or use google so that they know few things about file sharing which will make p2p much easier for them

jkl49
11-11-2010, 06:23 PM
To me, megaupload will always be the best. It's the fastest for free users. Until another host can match the speed, filesizes, and have no real waiting times between downloads, then I can't really take another site too seriously. I know megaupload causes problems for some people in certain countries, and I also know some people have bad luck with getting a "limit reached" message, but other people can download several gigs without a problem. Even if you do get a limit reached, it doesn't happen until after you've downloaded a lot and if you have a fast connection then it still ends up faster than basically any other free service I can think of.

anon
11-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Until another host can match the speed, filesizes, and have no real waiting times between downloads, then I can't really take another site too seriously.

Mediafire's faster, has no waiting times, and the 200MB/file limit is pretty decent.

jkl49
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I find that a 200MB limit is way too small for pretty much anything of a decent size. When dealing with large transfers (in GB's), megaupload is what's preferred by most people I know, and even for smaller transfers as well (500-600mb). To me speed is still the main concern, so I'd be a lot more interested in it if that was the case but I've always found mediafire to be very slow or below average when it comes to speed. What speeds do you get with it?

anon
11-11-2010, 06:43 PM
To me speed is still the main concern, so I'd be a lot more interested in it if that was the case but I've always found mediafire to be very slow or below average when it comes to speed. What speeds do you get with it?

I have a 3Mbit line, and it always gives me maximum speed - 380kB/s. MF is always extremely fast for most if not all people I've talked to.

jkl49
11-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately I guess I consider that slow in comparison. It's all relative though, maybe if there weren't other sites that were faster then I'm sure I wouldn't give it a second thought anyway. I'm not sure of megaupload's (or premium rapidshare's) actual speed limit, but it's always maxed out my connection for me and for everyone I know. When my connection was around 650-700k/s, that's the speed I'd get. When my ISP auto-upgraded up to 1000-1100k/s, then I'd get 1100k. I just downloaded a 130mb file from mediafire for a reminder, and it took about 5 full minutes, which I think is around the speed you're getting or maybe a little better. In comparison, even when I used to have 650k/s, I remember being able to get about 2.15gb from megaupload or premium rapidshare within about 45 minutes.

My upload is only around 128k/s, which some people tell me is average at best. When I get files from some friends, they're often able to send to me in the 200k+ range, maybe 330k, and even sometimes in the 400-500 range. I don't know what their download speeds are. I guess it could be due to the increasing widespread usage of fios, I have no idea. I just have cable and with my ISP I'm just using the regular "middle" speed service or whatever it's been stuck on for years. I know one person who I think can upload even faster than I can download, in the MB's, but I have no idea how much he must be paying.

heiska
11-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I prefer 2shared.

Shinzen
11-21-2010, 05:01 PM
speed is not simultaneous on 2shared it sometimes depends upon the time at which download.

bboysandy
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
i prefer rs

whatcdfan
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM
megaupload is very reliable tho