PDA

View Full Version : Check that beat out :)

YoYoY
08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Edit : ......:)

Quarterquack
08-09-2010, 05:53 AM
It's crap. Your song is one long loop of instruments being added one after another, with little depth to the progression, highs, lows, and even notes.

Bring the drums in much much earlier, and keep them running the full time. Have a proper drum solo, even if for a mere 6-8 seconds. It does wonders, and it's not a simple "average" composition. Use bass more effectively, no one ever minds a song that starts off bass heavy, ends bass heavy, but was moderate throughout the rest of the song. However, when you start a song with a very mellow piano solo, people expect the highs of the song to be insane, especially with the energy build-up to the instrument additions, but instead, what we get here is a mellow song throughout that never gets a chance to "breathe".

All that aside, the song got boring after the first 5 seconds, because I had to listen to a loop of different instruments playing the same notes over and over, even when it came to the last piano. Instead of having the same notes playing repeatedly, change it up, speed it up, then slow it down, and I'm not talking about using different numbers of instruments to achieve either effects.

YoYoY
08-09-2010, 12:23 PM
It's crap. Your song is one long loop of instruments being added one after another, with little depth to the progression, highs, lows, and even notes.

Bring the drums in much much earlier, and keep them running the full time. Have a proper drum solo, even if for a mere 6-8 seconds. It does wonders, and it's not a simple "average" composition. Use bass more effectively, no one ever minds a song that starts off bass heavy, ends bass heavy, but was moderate throughout the rest of the song. However, when you start a song with a very mellow piano solo, people expect the highs of the song to be insane, especially with the energy build-up to the instrument additions, but instead, what we get here is a mellow song throughout that never gets a chance to "breathe".

All that aside, the song got boring after the first 5 seconds, because I had to listen to a loop of different instruments playing the same notes over and over, even when it came to the last piano. Instead of having the same notes playing repeatedly, change it up, speed it up, then slow it down, and I'm not talking about using different numbers of instruments to achieve either effects.

Thank you for your honesty :)

Quarterquack
08-09-2010, 04:42 PM
You're welcome, and I apologize for being so harsh. It was late and I wasn't fully sober.

Nothing good ever happens after 2am. :lol:

IdolEyes787
08-09-2010, 05:07 PM
To be fair the edited version is kind of catchy.

YoYoY
08-09-2010, 06:28 PM
You're welcome, and I apologize for being so harsh. It was late and I wasn't fully sober.

Nothing good ever happens after 2am. :lol:

Nevermind . I'm used to this kind of posts . I guess I'm the only one who likes my beats.
So I found it pointless to post more of this stuff

To be fair the edited version is kind of catchy.

well , I'm glad you liked it.

bwayne337
08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
now i'm kind of curious - i'm willing to listen? especially because your name is so coo on that sig haha-put the song back up!