PDA

View Full Version : Spider Solitaire

Spider_dude
11-03-2003, 08:35 PM
i was shit at it, but i got addicted and now as octosissy would say i am total pwnage at it, here is the proof. post your screenshots if you've ever competed it.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/idareyou.JPG

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/idareyou4.JPG

internet.news
11-03-2003, 10:34 PM
my parents and relatives played it some of them long ago...

... ... ...
... ... ...
.... ... ... .. .. .

what is this? just some thoughts you could not easily translate, yes some feelings
maybe...

SodiumChloride
11-04-2003, 12:55 AM
On the medium difficulty level (the one you are posting) My high score is 1169, my max number of wins in a row is 8. I tried the "difficult" level a few times, and DAMN is it hard. Four suits, and the rules are still the same. I think doubling the number of suits quadruples the difficulty :D

Edit: I always play spider solitaire while listening to my MP3s, sometimes i sit there for hours just playing and listening B) I play a lot of that FreeCell too. My mom has a win streak of something like 20 FreeCell games on her computer at work

SodiumChloride
11-04-2003, 12:59 AM
You do know that in spider solitaire you can undo several of your moves, right? And re-dealing if you get a bad hand (like getting 4 red queens on the deal) doesn't count towards your losing total.

Is_this_name_taken_already
11-04-2003, 01:00 AM
Though I don't a picture to back it up I have managed to beat in on medium in about 120 moves :D :D

though I haven't done it lately :(

callum
11-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by SodiumChloride@4 November 2003 - 00:59
You do know that in spider solitaire you can undo several of your moves, right? And re-dealing if you get a bad hand (like getting 4 red queens on the deal) doesn't count towards your losing total.
I think undoing a move adds a move onto your total number of moves.

SodiumChloride
11-04-2003, 01:23 AM
Yep, so you have to do it sparingly.

callum
11-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by SodiumChloride@4 November 2003 - 01:23
Yep, so you have to do it sparingly.
You could always save it after every move, if you were desperate to cheat ;)