PDA

View Full Version : Request - What.cd invite

edgarb
08-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Hello, can I get an invite to what.cd? Thanks, I have a 10/.5 meg connection, can supply a speed test and a ratio proof if needed. Thanks

ca_aok
08-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Take the interview?

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

capo
08-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Take the interview?

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

maybe he is too lazy to make interview or his country is banned :D

captive
08-06-2010, 01:15 PM
interview? what is it a bloody job or summit, someone just give him one. i would if i had em, im just sick of these replies for what.cd "do the sodding interview" shove the interview up you crack.

anon
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
interview? what is it a bloody job or summit, someone just give him one.

What.cd's interview lets him get inside properly and without using a normal user's invite, if you show some effort from your part. Inviting strangers from public forums, in turn, is forbidden by their rules.

P2PDog
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
It's not like the interview is all that hard. Unless someone is lazy, or a complete moron, they should be able to pass it. Why should I put my own account at risk for some complete stranger on the internet standing with his hand out begging for an invite?

i would if i had em

There's probably a good reason you don't :D

ca_aok
08-06-2010, 02:40 PM
interview? what is it a bloody job or summit, someone just give him one. i would if i had em, im just sick of these replies for what.cd "do the sodding interview" shove the interview up you crack.
I'll be sure to let you know when I want to take advice on how to use my invitations from a trader :lol:

Basically, if you can't be assed to learn a few things that will actually help you be a better member of the site, what exactly makes us want to invite you in the first place?

In a nutshell:
Learn the difference between MP3, Ogg, AAC (which are lossy, implying quality loss through encoding) and WAVE and FLAC (which are lossless, meaning the same quality as the source). Don't ever convert ("transcode") a lossy file to another format (even at a lower bitrate), but you can do whatever you want with a lossless file. Figure out that LAME is an MP3 encoder and its presets are (V0, V1, V2, ..., V8) in order of best to worst quality. Learn the difference between CBR (the entire file at one constant bitrate), ABR (variable throughout the file aiming for a target "average" bitrate) and VBR (variable throughout the file aiming for a certain "quality" level). Knowing that EAC and XLD are used for securely ripping CDs probably couldn't hurt either.

Voila, a few simple sentences. I've even bolded words you could look up on the hydrogenaudio wiki. That's pretty much all you need to know from a technical standpoint, though they might ask you about your upload speed, whether you're connectible (you've forwarded your torrent client's port), or other miscellaneous questions.

captive
08-06-2010, 02:53 PM
What.cd's interview lets him get inside properly and without using a normal user's invite, if you show some effort from your part. Inviting strangers from public forums, in turn, is forbidden by their rules.

properly? then why do they have an invite system, if they believe what they are saying it would be irc interview only.
they think they are a special case or something, i have no idea why though.

waffles gives me everything i need.

anon
08-06-2010, 02:59 PM
properly? then why do they have an invite system

Because you're only supposed to invite people you trust, and not random people from forums. How that rule is broken so often is another matter.

captive
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I'll be sure to let you know when I want to take advice on how to use my invitations from a trader :lol:

dont kid yourself everyone trades something in one way or another at some time. nobody is perfect, not even you im sure.

edgarb
08-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys, didn't know about the interview but I will do it.

P2PDog
08-06-2010, 03:06 PM
properly? then why do they have an invite system, if they believe what they are saying it would be irc interview only.
they think they are a special case or something, i have no idea why though.

Invites are for friends. You know, those people who take the time to explain to you how to maintain a ratio, what the differences are between the filetypes, how to properly encode and upload an album, etc, etc. If you don't have any friends who are members of what.cd, then they were nice enough to set up an interview system. To weed out the leechers and other undesirables they require that you answer some questions about basic knowledge that you would need to be a contributing member. If you don't have any friends, and you're too lazy to do the small bit of research required to pass their interview, then you don't deserve to be a member.

waffles gives me everything i need.And yet you harbor some sort of resentment towards what.cd. I wonder why??

captive
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
properly? then why do they have an invite system

Because you're only supposed to invite people you trust, and not random people from forums. How that rule is broken so often is another matter.

my point is that if they really believe in the quality of their members they would vet them all, not just the ones they can be bothered with. you say trust, just how can you trust anyone you meet over the internet.

And yet you harbor some sort of resentment towards what.cd. I wonder why??

i can say i have never been on the site or a member of it. i just do not agree with the interview crap, when they give invites out too.

P2PDog
08-06-2010, 03:25 PM

my point is that if they really believe in the quality of their members they would vet them all, not just the ones they can be bothered with. you say trust, just how can you trust anyone you meet over the internet.

They trust their members to only invite people they know and trust. If you abuse that trust and send invites to strangers who post on forums, you'll find yourself looking at the site from the outside, also, which is why everyone in this thread except for YOU were suggesting that the OP take the interview to join.

Remember, YOU were the one telling us to "just give him one" :D

And yet you harbor some sort of resentment towards what.cd. I wonder why??

i can say i have never been on the site or a member of it. i just do not agree with the interview crap, when they give invites out too.

Again, invites are for friends, not strangers from the Internet. That's why they have interviews.

ca_aok
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys, didn't know about the interview but I will do it.
Feel free to PM me if you have any technical questions. Best of luck!

Well shit son, go find someone with an invite then! I'm sure you can make a great trade for it :yup: