PDA

View Full Version : why no intellectual property on any trackers??

unknown1_
08-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Why is there no truly useful effective, useful information able to be found on torrent tracker sites? Besides being a translator, I like to play around with diverse areas engineering, mining, medical field, computer theory, etc. as one of my many hobbies. What I知 doing is going for the engineering portion is going through all of there courses that are listed on their curriculum page and finishing them. For example, for mechanical engineering, all the required courses to obtain a degree in mechanical engineering from MIT are listed here:
http://web.mit.edu/catalog/degre.engin.ch2.html

I知 getting all the textbooks for the courses and reading them ensuring that I understand their contents before I move on to the next course. After I finish all the courses, I should be ready to take engineer痴 licensing exam(s). But even after all that, I will NOT be able to simply build a high-end car since I don稚 have the proprietary information for the particular automobile I wish to build. I understand that this is super secret information but I thought that this is what super elite trackers are all about. Almost all of the highest super secret trackers deal with entertainment instead of this type of useful information. Your thoughts on this?

I may simply be rambling on account of my frustration that I知 not privvy to the aforementioned data but notwithstanding this fact I知 still interested in your thoughts on these musings.

megabyteme
08-06-2010, 07:05 AM
In order for something to be shared, there must be a source, an uploader, and people interested in the material. There is also a bit of risk vs reward at play here.

1. Not many people would have access, or ability to hack into manufacturing companies' computers
2. Not many people would care about the info
3. There would be potential REAL damages (vs the bullshit, exaggerated claims of the entertainment Industries) and jail time

In short, most p2p users are 15-25 years old, and want media because they are bored. If someone wants to get into corporate espionage, they are more than likely going to get paid large amounts of money for doing this. It would also put the site(s)/owner(s) IN DANGER FOR HOSTING SUCH FILES...

unknown1_
08-07-2010, 12:42 PM
2. Not many people would care about the info
It's a shame more people aren't interested in information like that. They'd rather be entertained than actually taught or offered something useful.

3. There would be potential REAL damages (vs the bullshit, exaggerated claims of the entertainment Industries) and jail time
Depends on the what exactly is being shared. I don't see what harm would be brought about by distributing the blueprints, intricate details that would enable a hobbyist engineer to build his own custom McLaren. The potential aggravation from auto manufacturers' is analogous to the same BS you mention in regards to the entertainment industry.

It would also put the site(s)/owner(s) IN DANGER FOR HOSTING SUCH FILES...
Maybe... But it seems like the same thing to me. The movie industry is bigger than the auto industry. (just to give an example)

iLOVENZB
08-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Depends on the what exactly is being shared. I don't see what harm would be brought about by distributing the blueprints, intricate details that would enable a hobbyist engineer to build his own custom McLaren. The potential aggravation from auto manufacturers' is analogous to the same BS you mention in regards to the entertainment industry.

You'll have a different perspective if you 'rightly' owned the intellectual property. Morally correct and The Law are two different things.

unknown1_
08-08-2010, 10:57 AM
You'll have a different perspective if you 'rightly' owned the intellectual property. Morally correct and The Law are two different things.
Huh? Do you not participate in the pirating of property rightly owned by authors and others? There is no difference.

iLOVENZB
08-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Huh? Do you not participate in the pirating of property rightly owned by authors and others? There is no difference.

No.

unknown1_
08-09-2010, 06:57 AM
No.
Oh ok. Oops. So, you don't download illegal files or engage in torrenting in any way, form, or fashion. My mistake. *shy* That's what I get for assuming. :P

Well, since you aren't engaged in "our world" then, yes, I do suppose you have a point. If my livelihood depended on the sales of my work then yes I would, in fact, have a different feeling about this. Nevertheless, life is what it is. Besides, I don't think I would sell my product for outrageously exorbitant prices. (easier said than done but still...)

Edit: I just checked your post history. So, yeah, just like I thought. You = Dishonest! (or in denial) You do, or rather according to your past posts here, have engaged in the illegal filesharing of things that are not yours to share 'rightly'.

A
08-09-2010, 09:22 AM
It's a shame more people aren't interested in information like that. They'd rather be entertained than actually taught or offered something useful.
Oh,So just because you are interested in something means others should also be interested in the same stuff?

unknown1_
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
@AbyBeats - Huh? I never implied that other people SHOULD be interested in what I like. I'm merely lamenting the fact they seemingly don't share the same enthusiasm for learning the same things that I enjoy to learn. To each their own... The purpose of this thread is to gauge the possibility of sparking interest in the dissemination of IP in the torrent world. Also, to find out the history of said information. It is not to down anyone or their interests.

A
08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
So you are lamenting and at the same time you are assuming that people only download stuff for entertainment and you are placing yourself to be better than others because they dont share the same area of interest as you (?)

unknown1_
08-09-2010, 09:20 PM
@AbyBeats - I do believe you know what I'm talking about in this thread. I'm speaking generally. I never said I was better than anyone. There are entire trackers devoted to educational materials and their propagation within the community. That's all I'll say about that. Your inquiries don't warrant further response. If anyone else wants to contribute anything that's actually on topic then I'm all ears. ^^

iLOVENZB
08-10-2010, 07:59 AM
No.
Oh ok. Oops. So, you don't download illegal files or engage in torrenting in any way, form, or fashion. My mistake. *shy* That's what I get for assuming. :P

Well, since you aren't engaged in "our world" then, yes, I do suppose you have a point. If my livelihood depended on the sales of my work then yes I would, in fact, have a different feeling about this. Nevertheless, life is what it is. Besides, I don't think I would sell my product for outrageously exorbitant prices. (easier said than done but still...)

Edit: I just checked your post history. So, yeah, just like I thought. You = Dishonest! (or in denial) You do, or rather according to your past posts here, have engaged in the illegal filesharing of things that are not yours to share 'rightly'.

Do you have any idea about what's involved in producing something? The overhead cost are astronomical. It's mostly the record companies (or equivalent in other sectors) who milk the prices.

If you want to discuss the technicalities of a nzb then prepare to be burnt. A nzb is a metadata file, so in fact I'm not distributing any anything of intellectual property. What the end user does with the nzb is not my responsibility, they've agreed on an agreement provided to them once they signed up to their NSP's.

I would give you some merit in your points but it doesn't seem to outweigh your ignorance. But still It's nice to have a discussion (or argument) on this board for once.

unknown1_
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
It's not meant to be an argument but the fact is what I would like to distributed within the community is the same thing that you are doing right now. I can't even believe you think they are different.

You = I'll just illegally share all this stuff that I bought with everyone and it's ok.
Concurrently, You = IP being circulated within the community is wrong!

Yes, you may have purchased it but your use of it thereafter is against the law. No discussion necessary. You speak of morals, the law, and ignorance, yet you are ignorant of your own total incorrectness on this matter. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is that it seems no-one is interested in these sorts of things OR those who are in the know are hoarding the information for themselves. Either way, oh well, I just wanted to gauge interest in the notion here on the forums. ^^

sez
08-11-2010, 03:54 AM
You don't know your way around the interwebs,that's all I can gather from this thread.

unknown1_
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
You don't know your way around the interwebs,that's all I can gather from this thread.
Exactly! That's the kind of response I had hoped to see here. So, then there IS intellectual property (the real goodies) available online! I had figured as much but I needed verification. You know, I got to thinking about this after I read somewhere about the "Deep Web" that only a very small percentage of internet users know how to gain access to but comprises over 80% of the content on the internet.

Sooo, sez, can you provide some tutorials/demonstrations here? Or should I just write something that I'm specifically looking for and you can demonstrate how to find it?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. at it's finest here! (I hope) ^^