PDA

View Full Version : Need advice Macbook Pro 13" or HP DV7 i7 4 cores

xxxSHARExxx
08-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I hadn't been here in the longest time. I also haven't been reading about processor and computer in general.

I need your advice should I get a Macbook Pro 13" or HP DV7 i7

Macbook Pro 13" Specs

•Processor Type -Intel Core 2 Duo

•Processor Cores - 2

•Screen Size -13.3 Inches

•RAM (Preloaded / Maximum) - 4GB (Exp. To 8GB)

•Hard Drive - 250GB

•Optical Drives - 8X SuperDrive

•Dedicated Graphics - No

•Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 320M

•Average Battery Life - Up to 10 Hours

•Product Weight - 2.04 kg

•Processor Speed - 2.4GHz

HP DV7 i7 Specs

Intel Core i7-720QM Processor , 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 1.6Ghz / Turbo Boost Technology Up To 2.8GHz , 6 MB Cache,
6GB DDR3 Memory, up to 8 GB maximum
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HD 3D DriveGuard, 2 Hard drive bay
Discrete graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 230M discrete 1024MB up to 2815MB total graphics memory
17.3” Diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)

I want to use the laptop for gaming

Thanks guys

bwayne337
08-11-2010, 08:35 PM
well in all honesty, it just comes down to which os you want.
most mac os x supported games are known to be buggy anyway
in terms of graphics card, look up the benchmarks for both of them - i believe the GT 230m is a little better.

also, youre talking about two different sizes. if you plan to carry it around, get the 13 inch for sure, dont regret the 17 inch.
but if it's just primarily for gaming at home, that HD LED sounds pretty sick.

what is "turbo boost technology"? fancy way of saying overclocking perhaps?

c0ld
08-11-2010, 09:51 PM
well in all honesty, it just comes down to which os you want.Nope, it comes down to how much of a pretentious prick you are. You can put osx on the hp (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/).

bwayne337
08-12-2010, 09:01 AM
true. or get windows on the osx.
i like my mac better than my pc
but i respect you for your own opinions

Townsend
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
You want it for gaming? How about the 17.3'' then? Sounds much nicer for some good old css

qOuOp
08-21-2010, 05:46 AM
Go with HP DV7. I have it. It is a great gaming beast. MAC LapTops are known for highest prices with low specifications. Why? Because they are very light & thin Hence The poor cooling system & hence the lower specs & because they ar for Crippled people with Osteoporosis whom cant carry a few extra Pounds.

bwayne337
08-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Go with HP DV7. I have it. It is a great gaming beast. MAC LapTops are known for highest prices with low specifications. Why? Because they are very light & thin Hence The poor cooling system & hence the lower specs & because they ar for Crippled people with Osteoporosis whom cant carry a few extra Pounds.

gaggagagagaga this made me LOL so hard...
although i'm writing this comment on my macbook...does that make me a hypocrite?

7th
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
If you want it to play games as you say, you probably don't want to be limited to the Mac OS, so go for the HP. I love Apple design and their OS but when it comes to games and all kind of freak windows apps you might want to run... =/

ps.: yes, there are one or two apps I wish I could have running on windows... =P

Skiz
08-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I want to use the laptop for gaming

Why would you ever consider a Mac if your primary use for said laptop will be gaming?

Go look at your favorite games' requirements and see if MacOS is supported. Odds are, it is not.