PDA

View Full Version : Question about utorrent last ver

minaelsafah
08-08-2010, 05:02 PM
is there any way to see the time elasped for the downloaded torrents and not just the time left?

anon
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Right-click any column and click on "Elapsed"?

Quarterquack
08-08-2010, 05:17 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8973/andusayidonthelp.png

anon
08-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Look at that, you don't even need the latest uTorrent version for this to work. :lol:

minaelsafah
08-08-2010, 05:41 PM
10q

cinephilia
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
can anyone tell me what's currently the most stable utorrent version ? i'm still using the 1.8.5 build 14458 but i guess it's getting old.

edit: well, not anyone. please refrain from answering the question if you know shit about torrent clients.

Quarterquack
01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm no guru, I usually just follow what people like Firon suggest. There's nothing wrong with 1.8.5, but you can always move up to 2.0.4 (21586 has no problems) or even a stable build of 2.2.

anon
01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
can anyone tell me what's currently the most stable utorrent version ? i'm still using the 1.8.5 build 14458 but i guess it's getting old.

I updated to the 2.0.4 and 2.2 branches the moment a stable build was released, and never had any problems. I really didn't like this "apps" support, but if you toggle the find and apps panel via the Options menu it looks just like the old versions, except for the category list.

cinephilia
01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
actually, i'm looking to switch to a more recent version as a last resort. look at that thread, i get the exact same error: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=490076

i know it might happen because of a faulty hard disk but i can't believe it since i bought it a few days ago. the hdd is running well and is fully detected by windows.
also, i only get this error on a few torrents while other ones are working fine (and stored in the same location).

ps: i downloaded the faulty torrents in another location and moved them to my hdd (by drag-and-drop) but the transfers always freeze after a few seconds and i have no other option than shutting down the computer. my guess is that my hdd must have some bad sectors.

anon
01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
ps: i downloaded the faulty torrents in another location and moved them to my hdd (by drag-and-drop) but the transfers always freeze after a few seconds and i have no other option than shutting down the computer. my guess is that my hdd must have some bad sectors.

You may want to try doing the same with all programs closed, or having booted into safe mode first. If that doesn't work, then I'd say the drive's most likely faulty.

Since you bought the drive just some days ago, you could simply try to copy any essential data to a safe place, format it, and use the warranty to get another, healthy disk in exchange.

cinephilia
01-04-2011, 08:21 PM
i'm currently analysing the hdd with hdtune (error scan) and i got many damaged blocks so far. i'll return it to Samsung and get a new one. thanks for your help :)