PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Art of Misdirection

Omaster
08-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Heyas,

As an aspiring magician I was told AoM was the tracker to get on for magic related content. I would be thrilled if someone could spare an invite. Will not let you down.

ca_aok
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Don't these guys have some sort of email or IRC based recruitment?

Anyway from what I've heard, unless you're already a professional magician, they have no interest in you. Perhaps try BitMe, they've got plenty of magic-related material.

Quarterquack
08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately ca_aok is right. Their policies involve scouting out current magicians interested in broadening their horizons, and sharing material; as opposed to aspiring magicians or people who want to know how a trick was done. If you want my advice, use BitMe to gain some trick experience, practice that, maybe even make a neighborhood show and record it. Then apply to AoM showing them all the experience you have gained over that period of time, and explain your reasoning for wanting to join. Tedious, but if you're really interested, you would do it; besides, you have no need of being there until you have some experience, anyway.

antrax34130
08-09-2010, 05:33 PM
try http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/08/magictorrents-new-magic-tracker-now.html or AOMkiller.

If you want contact AOM (Jacqueline is the sysop and you can try to contact her here), just send an email with your magician's presentations etc...

capo
08-09-2010, 07:58 PM
it's really hard to get invite invite so u can find other site or looking for a trader doesn't need his AOM acc :D

c0ld
08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
https://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg=alt.binaries.magic

you mad yet?

Theory11
08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
I can PM you the email you can use to contact AOM for an application.

Jacqueline
08-15-2010, 09:10 PM
@omaster im sorry but the members here are right. we are not taking any new members. our current policy is to only reduce the amount of members. if you are a beginner in magic, there are lots of other places you can go to to get material or support. just a warning: DONT fall for any offer of an account and never ever pay for it! account trading or selling is strictly forbidden on aom so if this is noticed the account will be banned immediately.

bumrocks
08-16-2010, 08:16 AM
@omaster im sorry but the members here are right. we are not taking any new members. our current policy is to only reduce the amount of members.

Interesting that you want to reduce the amount of members when most are used to hearing about wanting to increase in members. Obviously your site is different than most and prob have quite a few members that really shouldn't be there and/or have very few that actually qualify. Unusual in the BT world...

/me recommends thread lockage...

anon
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Interesting that you want to reduce the amount of members when most are used to hearing about wanting to increase in members.

This is the official reason she gave, hmm, elsewhere:

@anon no its not harmful at all. we are focussing on professionals only and people that really are active on the site. im sure that if you are a member of an average tracker you know that there are just a handful people active and the rest are just leeching. the internet is big enough for people that are only looking for the tricks only :)