PDA

View Full Version : Torrent site that most of its content is movies and browse by genre?

nah
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Is there such a torrent site?:)

anon
08-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Those movie trackers like PTPC, PTN, CN and so on, maybe?

Quarterquack
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
PTN. :yes:

I'm sure other movie sites do the same, as well; however, that's where I get my movie fix. So that's why I recommended it.

EDIT: CN, too.

t00z
08-12-2010, 06:42 PM
those + TC

nah
08-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks, are those sites hard to get?

anon
08-12-2010, 07:51 PM
are those sites hard to get?

PTPC: they've given a lot of invites recently. Getting one shouldn't be too hard, if you make a good request.
PTN: no idea of how their invite system works, but they open invite applications sometimes.
CN: you can apply for an invite here:
https://www.**********.mn/applyforinvite.php

The forum censors their full URL, so you'll have to find it through other means. :ermm:
TC: more or less the same as PTPC, there are also unlimited offers in many trackers' PU forums.

nah
08-12-2010, 08:01 PM
So you can browse by category on those sites, not movie packs like TL?
I already have TL .. using it for movies but i would like a site where u can browse, comedy, action, and so on ...

anon
08-12-2010, 08:06 PM
On PTPC and TC, tags define genres (among other things), and you can search torrents by tags. No idea of how it's done on PTN and CN, but they should have something similar - if you read their reviews, you'll probably find the specifics.

Quarterquack
08-13-2010, 02:12 AM
PTN used to be stingy with invites; only 5% of the entire member base had invites at a certain point in time, and that was when they were being lenient with who gets them (it used to be ultrahidden-1337 a couple of years back). Lately, they've been giving invites to the right people, though. Those who snatch and upload regularly might be surprised to find they have an invite even without wanting one. So, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good user with invites to spare.

As for how CN/PTN handle genres. PTN splits the browse into different menus, one of which is browsing movie genre tags. Just click on a button to bring up the menu and you're greeted with a bunch of pictures that you more or less get familiar with eventually depicting every genre. On the other hand, CN has such a menu by default on the browse page. Think of the average 0day tracker torrent tags on the browse page, and that's exactly how CN does genres.

EDIT: Actually, I just logged into PTN a few minutes ago, and they made an announcement that everyone's about to get at least one invite. Cheer up, and if you're interested, throw in a request around here. Good luck! :yes:

vthl
08-13-2010, 06:45 PM
ptn i don think i would rather vote for bit-hdtv

nah
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
PTN used to be stingy with invites; only 5% of the entire member base had invites at a certain point in time, and that was when they were being lenient with who gets them (it used to be ultrahidden-1337 a couple of years back). Lately, they've been giving invites to the right people, though. Those who snatch and upload regularly might be surprised to find they have an invite even without wanting one. So, you shouldn't have trouble finding a good user with invites to spare.

As for how CN/PTN handle genres. PTN splits the browse into different menus, one of which is browsing movie genre tags. Just click on a button to bring up the menu and you're greeted with a bunch of pictures that you more or less get familiar with eventually depicting every genre. On the other hand, CN has such a menu by default on the browse page. Think of the average 0day tracker torrent tags on the browse page, and that's exactly how CN does genres.

EDIT: Actually, I just logged into PTN a few minutes ago, and they made an announcement that everyone's about to get at least one invite. Cheer up, and if you're interested, throw in a request around here. Good luck! :yes:

Sent you a pm, that would be awesome.