PDA

View Full Version : Would you have any interest in a FST IRC channel?

Cabalo
08-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Before you get too excited, let me tell you this is just an official enquiry to the user's opinions on this matter. Whatever the result of this poll is, there are no guarantees whatsoever it may even go ahead.
It's just a way to feel the pulse of this board users' interests.

May I remind you there are several problems arising that would then have to be ironed out, as I pointed on another thread right next to this one.

Besides just voting yes or no, it would help if you guys found a real utility and purpose for its existence. This is the most important part of the poll.

It existed in the past and was closed due to lack of activity. That's why FST has shown little interest so far to bring it back. Now I want to hear what you have to say.

QPD
08-14-2010, 05:31 PM
lol, i voted first!!!

bwayne337
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
YES!! haha

an irc channel with a sign-in, so there are no spammers or one-timers...
maybe open this function up to users that have been on FST for at least half a month?
it's nice to talk to people who are online at the same time - more socializing, community-like thing. less impersonal "c0ld"ness if you get what i mean....

and then how about one fst-help channel, just for any fst user who's looking for help (this could even be voluntary by any user.. since it's just help)

1000possibleclaws
08-14-2010, 05:43 PM
You are a hero Cabalo.

tucan
08-14-2010, 08:20 PM
I love irc so i would like to see a FST chan

c0ld
08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I would get kicked so I don't care about you're stupid pole.

megabyteme
08-14-2010, 09:48 PM

You get kicked everywhere, mongrel.

And this is a "poll". If cabalo gave you his pole, you'd probably like it more. Dumbass.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2010, 10:58 PM
it's nice to talk to people who are online at the same time - more socializing, community-like thing. less impersonal "c0ld"ness if you get what i mean....

Yes because history clearly shows that irc allows for more friendly ,thoughtful ,respectful inter-personal interaction .:blink:

See if I ever attempted to say that in irc I'd never get the time to add sufficient adjectives to give it just the right sarcastic bent.

I'm beginning to like you even if you are itinerant illiterate.

PS at least you can take some solace that the OP apparently is as well.

Would you find >>>>>it<<<<<<< interesting to have a FST IRC channel?Yes I know that still isn't right and it should be something like ","Would you have any interest in?" or " Would a FST channel be of any interest to? " but baby steps.

Cabalo
08-16-2010, 07:44 PM
As I thought, it's something that arises very little interest among our members.

ca_aok
08-17-2010, 03:24 AM
I'd idle there, whether or not I'd talk would probably depend on if we were having actual conversations or if we had a bunch of morons trying to trade invites in the middle of the channel.

A
08-17-2010, 04:19 AM
I'd also join the irc and implementing this once and seeing how it goes wont hurt I guess.

P.S:I think the reason why there are less comments is because no one checks these parts of the forum.I accidentally stumbled upon the poll when my browser redirected me to the Home page rather than the regular forum page.

IdolEyes787
08-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd idle there, whether or not I'd talk would probably depend on if we were having actual conversations or if we had a bunch of morons trying to trade invites in the middle of the channel.

P.S:I think the reason why there are less comments is because no one checks these parts of the forum.I accidentally stumbled upon the poll when my browser redirected me to the Home page rather than the regular forum page.

That pretty much answers your question doesn't it?

The_Martinator
08-25-2010, 08:07 AM
No. I don't like IRC and I wouldn't use it. But I don't mind FST having an IRC channel if it pleases enough people.

PS: I talked to IdolEyes on IRC once. True story.

Quarterquack
08-25-2010, 08:27 AM
I'd hit it.

9/10

EDIT: On a more serious note, I would also idle there, chat when there's an ongoing conversation etc. It would be fun, I don't know why it isn't getting the support it should. I'm on some IRC channels with less than 8 people (doing work/cracking protections) but it does remain active. I don't see why there would be any argument over activity when the demand is present.

If it becomes a ghost town for weeks on end, then sure. But given how active these forums are on a regular basis, and how sarcastic/enjoyable a hypothetical IRC conversation could be with members from here, I doubt many people can actually give a solid "no" unless they either despise the platform, or have no interest in the 1337 community we have here.

darkstate01
08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
This has already been asked and ignored in the past, along with why this place doesn't have a ssl cert so people can search in safety from prying eyes.
IRC would be a good Idea for help and advice and ,well basic discussion, thats what we do on here anyway.
And If the admin of the channel allows it, he/she could setup a bot or 2 to spit out the newest topics/nzb's etc.
Myself i think its a no brainer as too why you haven't already got an IRC channel setup on say efnet or any of the multitude of other secure networks out there.not saying efnet is secure but its the oldest for sure.

anon
08-25-2010, 04:29 PM
No. I don't like IRC and I wouldn't use it. But I don't mind FST having an IRC channel if it pleases enough people.

Pretty much the same here. I don't like IRC at all, but some people like it a lot, and having an official FST channel could be an asset to those. :)

mr. nails
08-26-2010, 06:56 AM
i'm here cuz it was on the home page. also, i voted... "No, I would never use it."