PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to keep from getting caught?

Sharkman2
08-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I have searched the threads and couldn't find an answer so I'm asking what is the best way and how?

anon
08-17-2010, 10:58 PM
What is the best way to keep from getting caught?

Getting caught doing what?

Sharkman2
08-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Downloading and uploading from others

bumrocks
08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Your communication skills are superb. Everything you ask makes perfect sense! So much so that I, in turn, am baffled by your dizzying intellect and actually have no comprehension of what you are asking about or referring to, even after clearing things up with your last post.

I think this is the answer you are looking for...

Shear alignment behavior was examined for smectic CA (SCA) phase of main-chain BB-5(3-Me) polyester using a cone-and-plate fixture. In the smectic temperature region from 100 to 140 °C, two distinct orientations have been identified by wide-angle X-ray diffraction.

There you go!

cinephilia
08-17-2010, 11:18 PM
if i understood your question correctly, the best way is not to download anything.

IdolEyes787
08-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Your communication skills are superb. Everything you ask makes perfect sense! So much so that I, in turn, am baffled by your dizzying intellect and actually have no comprehension of what you are asking about or referring to, even after clearing things up with your last post.

I think this is the answer you are looking for...

Shear alignment behavior was examined for smectic CA (SCA) phase of main-chain BB-5(3-Me) polyester using a cone-and-plate fixture. In the smectic temperature region from 100 to 140 °C, two distinct orientations have been identified by wide-angle X-ray diffraction.

There you go!:wub:

I have searched the threads and couldn't find an answer so I'm asking what is the best way and how?

Don't do it in the first place?:unsure:

anon
08-17-2010, 11:20 PM

Follow cine's or Idol's advice, or use a VPN or seedbox. :P

Tv Controls you
08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Man, Alot of helpful posts are listed here :rolleyes:

But on a serious note....
Some basic's to "not getting "caught"...." on your home connection:

1) Try to download and upload off private trackers.
Example: try to stay away from isohunt, thepiratebay, mininova... etc...
2) download an ip filtering software.
Example: ipfilters built in your torrent software or something like peerblock..
http://www.peerblock.com/releases
3) If your internet provider has a cap for how much you can upload/download a month... STAY UNDER THE LIMIT!

Happy pirating.... Keep seeding

Sharkman2
08-17-2010, 11:48 PM

Follow cine's or Idol's advice, or use a VPN or seedbox. :P

Thanks anon-sbi

Well its kind of obvious what I was trying to say... and am curious to know how? I dont know if VPN company's can be trusted like btguard, because Ive read in numerous fourms that clients were still able to get caught and warned about their ILLIGAL downloading. Seedboxes is new to me and I hear great things from them in how it really helps with the ratio, but how can it help from not getting caught?

Man, Alot of helpful posts are listed here :rolleyes:

But on a serious note....
Some basic's to "not getting "caught"...." on your home connection:

1) Try to download and upload off private trackers.
Example: try to stay away from isohunt, thepiratebay, mininova... etc...
2) download an ip filtering software.
Example: ipfilters built in your torrent software or something like peerblock..
http://www.peerblock.com/releases
3) If your internet provider has a cap for how much you can upload/download a month... STAY UNDER THE LIMIT!

Happy pirating.... Keep seeding

Peerblock is new to me as i have peer guardian but it keeps on crashing on me.. i'll try peerblock. Thanks!

Tv Controls you
08-17-2010, 11:52 PM
I personally have never got peer guardian to work right..... Peerblock is so simple, you just download it and run it... It updates then your protected.

And the extra security associated with a seedbox is the notion that anti-p2p groups will not pursue you past the seedbox provider.
In addition the location of the seedbox may be in an area that has very lose anti-p2p laws, or areas that don't enforce anti p2p that seriously.
Basically you download your torrents from your seedbox, then you can download your torrent from your seedbox to your home. (which is alot more secure and stealthy than torrents)

*personally I think it is worthless for security, as if an anti-p2p group really wanted to find you.. All they would have to do is look at the name on the bill for the seedbox.
Although it is true that they rarely pursue people (I actually can't recall a case)

IdolEyes787
08-17-2010, 11:57 PM
[

I personally have never got peer guardian to work right..... Peerblock is so simple, you just download it and run it... It updates then your protected.

Both have been proven to be basically useless as they only use lists which can obviously never be totally up to date .

anon
08-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Well its kind of obvious what I was trying to say...

It's not that obvious, or at least it wasn't for me. You could have been asking how to trade invites without getting caught, for example.

Seedboxes is new to me and I hear great things from them in how it really helps with the ratio, but how can it help from not getting caught?

What TVCY said + the BitTorrent swarms never get a hold of your real IP (just like with a VPN). Only the seedbox provider does, when you connect to it to operate its frontend or download files from it to your computer.

Both have been proven to be basically useless as they only use lists which can obviously never be totally up to date .

It's better than not using any blocklists at all. :unsure:

cinephilia
08-18-2010, 12:01 AM

It's better than not using any blocklists at all. :unsure:
true. it's called placebo effect.

Tv Controls you
08-18-2010, 12:05 AM
No ipfilter is 100% fool proof...... peerblock is easy to use and updates every once and in a while... I have seen tons of ips blocked from it.

If your really paranoid....
Go through 5 proxies, connect to your vpn (that doesn't keep logs), that connects to your vps that is hosted in sealand, and then download your torrents.

*all payments are made under all fake information, with a visa gift card that was bought with cash at a store without cameras....

For the extra paranoid....

Travel to sealand by a boat constructed out of wood yourself, and manually dismantle the server and burn it ensuring all traces of your actions are gone.

KushBlow
08-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Do it with your door closed.

Fibre
08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
No ipfilter is 100% fool proof...... peerblock is easy to use and updates every once and in a while... I have seen tons of ips blocked from it.

It isn't providing you with any protection. They often block harmless university ranges. You have no way of proving that it is blocking malicious IPs.

Tv Controls you
08-19-2010, 01:39 AM

It isn't providing you with any protection. They often block harmless university ranges. You have no way of proving that it is blocking malicious IPs.

Their is no way that you can make me stop running it.... Let me just rub this in a little

http://www.techyard.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/peer-block.png

No... but on a serious note... I have seen it block movie industry ranges as well as some other anti-p2p groups... So I think it is definitely worth running if you have no protection.

Gorbux
08-19-2010, 03:40 AM
people in private trackers get caught as well, just less often than public trackers. Seedbox would be the best way to go for now.

Rigel9
08-19-2010, 08:14 AM
people in private trackers get caught as well, just less often than public trackers. Seedbox would be the best way to go for now.

{{citation needed}}

Except for torrentleech I never heard that.

anon
08-19-2010, 03:26 PM
No... but on a serious note... I have seen it block movie industry ranges as well as some other anti-p2p groups... So I think it is definitely worth running if you have no protection.

For those that are interested, here's an ipfilter file that isn't 10-15MB long like most ones out there, but focuses on blocking the really bad ranges:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ed2k-ipfilterx/

Different versions available.

Except for torrentleech I never heard that.

You may want to search trackers' forums for "dmca", "baytsp" or "infringement letter". Generally, it happens on the larger ones, such as the already mentioned TL or IPT.

coltlacrosse
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
First of all, downloading files is legal if you own the copyright or there is no copyright.

But let's assume the hypothetical sitiation where one is downloading/up things that they don't own the copyright to.

The most important thing to remember is this: Millions of people everyday download and upload pirated music. It's true that people do get caught, but the chances of getting caught are very rare, probably more rare than dying in a tragic accident. Anto-Piracy organizations' main goal is to find and prosecute the "big guys" meaning the well known piracy groups like aXXo and others you may have heard of. Once in a while they will target a little guy to make an example out of him/her but again, this is very rare. It doesnt seem so rare because they make a big scene about it on the news when someone get caught but this is just the news.

Now, lets assume the unlikely event where you do get targeted. What happens 99% of the time is they send you a bunch of letters about hown horrible a person you are, and after a couple months of headaches and meetings it all ends with you paying them a $2500 settlement. The other 1% of the time they drown you in a sea of lawyers and impose multi-million dollar fines and send you to jail, but this happens in 1% of very very rare occurances.

The bottom line is this: Unless you are part of a major piracy group, its foolish to worry about getting caught. Just using common sense is good enough security for the common user, meaning don't post an ad in craigslist for selling pirated movies, and don't go around telling people your a pirate!

As far as sofware goes, it helps to force encryption in your clients preferences and you can also install a "peerblocker" or use the one built into your client which will block the ip's of known anti-piracy groups and the like. Both of these sound good, and its worth implementing them, but they don't offer as much security as you think. If you are targeted, your going to get caught unless you are highly profociant with computers and can devote a large amount of time and money into keeping your online identity hidden.

A less desirable approach, albeit safer, is to avoid downloading major movies as soon as they come out, and ALWAYS avoid public torrent sites, not just because its more loliekly you will be caught but because public sites are riddled with malware and overall unorganized.

To summarize:

1. Only download from private trackers.un
2. Don't advertize that you are a pirate.
3. Set up your torretn client properly, with encryption and such.
4. INstall an ip blocker if it will make you feel better,
5. Avoid downloading major motion pictures and software when they first come out, again this is only if you are paranoid, the chances of being caught are still extremely low.

Finally, if you want to do something really cool AND protect yourself at the same time, install high powered electromagnets around your harddrives and rig them to go off when someone opens your computer, I'm not sure if erasing your data will help in a legal situation but is a really cool project!

deiby
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
great post.

Alien5
03-16-2012, 08:27 AM
The best way to not get caught is

1. Do not start new thread entitled "what's the best way to not get caught"

2. Tell everyone you know how good Piracy is for everyone.

3. Only Download illegal Internet Pirated material from dodgy foreign websites located in eastern Europe or Spain.

Stabber
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Best way not to get caught ?

Buy everything ! It's the most secure way .

merwais
03-16-2012, 04:58 PM
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! JUST RUN ;)
That's the best way!

Lazy29
03-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Best way to not get caught??

Not to have an affair with her best friend or sister