PDA

View Full Version : Should a scene tracker allow P2P releases?

Polarbear
08-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Should a scene tracker allow P2P releases?

AKADEMiJA
08-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Thats not scene ( only ) tracker anymore, but i guess nothing is black or white today.

b3owulf
08-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Do you feel more 1337 on a scene tracker rather than on Scene+p2p one? A lot of p2p groups release QH stuff which is just better than some Scene releases, it would be dull to allow only and only Scene. Of cours I'm not saying that all that are strictly Scene-only like SCC and TV should upload p2p, but FTN is a whoe different story.

The thread should be renamed since we all know which tracker Polarbear has in mind.

Di@monds
08-18-2010, 12:32 PM
to be or not to be....just create your own tracker and you can do whatever you want.

Do you feel more 1337 on a scene tracker rather than on Scene+p2p one? A lot of p2p groups release QH stuff which is just better than some Scene releases, it would be dull to allow only and only Scene. Of cours I'm not saying that all that are strictly Scene-only like SCC and TV should upload p2p, but FTN is a whoe different story.
SCC and SceneHD are both strictly scene-only.

IdolEyes787
08-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Is this a trick question?
And no,not all of us being particularly giving a fuck as to the intricacies of stupid shit ,know which tracker Polarbear is talking about.
I will say that any general tracker that artificially limits it's potential content is patently ,to use the word again ,stupid.

Night0wl
08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I have seen several P2P rips on SCC, so maybe look harder if you can't find them.

As for why this poll is even here, I have no idea. Non-members opinion on whether a site, which again, they are not even a member of, should do this or that is completely irrelevant IMO. If someone is a member then vote and voice their opinion in the relevant thread.

All in all this site is filled with people who want quality, while the site in question has at least a quarter of members picking scene over quality.

ca_aok
08-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Someone in the original discussion thread over there was going on about how Scene HD stuff was better than P2P because of "standards". Clearly they're uninformed regarding what P2P releases would constitute (they probably assume it's all aXXo). Anyway I don't really care, it's a 0-day site, that's what I expect from it.

Night0wl
08-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Actually not even uninformed, just purposely ignorant. But nothing can be done there, since I managed to get it locked by drunk posting.

I still think the site specific discussion belongs there and not here.

ca_aok
08-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh I completely agree. Sort of reminds me of the "Do You Use Azureus" Poll after What/Waffles banned it. Threads here aren't going to change anything and the opinions of people who aren't members aren't going to change their minds...

anon
08-18-2010, 03:22 PM
A "pure" Scene tracker would, in theory, never allow P2P releases. Not to say I don't like them, though - 90% of the movies I download are from that kind of groups.

I have seen several P2P rips on SCC, so maybe look harder if you can't find them.

This I wasn't aware of.

Quarterquack
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I already mentioned my opinion in both tracker's cases going through this argument. People that enjoy scene file integrity shouldn't seek a p2p network to achieve their ends, and people who joined a scene tracker with full knowledge of the content to expect shouldn't be so intent as to change it around.

P2P content and Scene content are arguably favored in and for different categories, but trying to make ends meet in the end-all be-all culmination tracker of content is silly. I understand the whole "it's my home" dream, but logically it should never be. On the other hand, offering content that isn't absolute race-winning crap is never a bad thing.

ca_aok
08-18-2010, 04:23 PM
This I wasn't aware of.
They probably get snuck into the Packs/Archive section and no one would really care there.

Di@monds
08-18-2010, 05:11 PM
A "pure" Scene tracker would, in theory, never allow P2P releases. Not to say I don't like them, though - 90% of the movies I download are from that kind of groups.

This I wasn't aware of.

By that he meant some of p2p rls got pred and traded around

AKADEMiJA
08-18-2010, 05:36 PM
P2P content and Scene content are arguably favored in and for different categories

Agreed.
As for the tracker that this thread refers to, it's better to be great in one thing than to be average in both.

b3owulf
08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
P2P content and Scene content are arguably favored in and for different categories

Agreed.
As for the tracker that this thread refers to, it's better to be great in one thing than to be average in both.
I'm a member of FTN for 1 year, and you know, I never thought it is great Scene tracker. It is not average either, just good, nothing more (packs are different story). P2P section is not gonna drag and eventually kill FTN, don't you think so? The only thing I'm afraid of is whether the p2p releases are gonna appear in the main browse page or they are gonn be placed in separate page/category.

A
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Whats the big deal? They add p2p,get more quality releases and become not a scene only tracker.Isint "Community" that's 1st priority of FTN anyway.

Di@monds
08-18-2010, 06:30 PM
jeah in FTN, its definitely 'community'

Cabalo
08-18-2010, 07:56 PM
If only this thread had been started in 2006.

IdolEyes787
08-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I just read the entire thread there and it made me realize why I don't make it habit of reading threads there.Seriously full of yourself much?
"As long as it's a separate category and only contains HD" .Like most of you twats would know a good movie if it fell off a truck and hit you in the face anyway.
Fuck ,fuck ,fuck and fuck.

And no I'm not going to comment there because it would be like Martin Luther King Jr. trying to tell a bunch of white supremacists that they might be misinformed.

megabyteme
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
And no I'm not going to comment there because it would be like Martin Luther King Jr. trying to tell a bunch of white supremacists that they might be misinformed.

I'm for release-ial integration, myself...

ca_aok
08-19-2010, 12:44 AM
I just read the entire thread there and it made me realize why I don't make it habit of reading threads there.Seriously full of yourself much?
"As long as it's a separate category and only contains HD" .Like most of you twats would know a good movie if it fell off a truck and hit you in the face anyway.

There isn't really that much point in anything other than movie rips as far as P2P stuff goes... the only other category with a huge P2P presence is probably music, and from what I've seen on other 0-day/general sites there really isn't a huge drive for user ripped music uploads... most people just go to a dedicated music tracker for that.

Also I back separate categories mainly so that the people who are gonna be butthurt about the change can just disable that category in their default browse categories and not have to notice the change from their beloved 0-day content.

Quarterquack
08-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Absolutely wrong.

The indie games scene is ruled by P2P contributions. The same applies to the Nintendo (especially the NDS) scene. All the latest PC games are virtually aided by advancement/parameter mappings done by P2P crackers (cs.rin.ru/skidrow fiasco is just an example). A lot of application/dox sources/rips are done by P2P first (Adobe CS5 is just one example, and that was a high profile case, too). Scene groups consistently get their CAM releases nuked because they use P2P sources (the work done by groups like IMAGiNE and FLAWL3SS is unimaginably flawless). W&W/SLSK rule over the music category because scene standards are stuck in the dark ages, and I'm sorry to anyone who thinks 192kbps rips for a pre-release is acceptable.

The deeper you look, the more it becomes apparent that the scene standards are becoming a hindrance, and with the chaos that is random sites and moles infesting every site out there (it used to be about being a contributor, nowadays being a nice guy is enough for getting on a rank site) it won't change nearly soon enough.

ca_aok
08-19-2010, 03:25 AM
Shows you how often I download games and apps... my only recent experience with P2P games is that All-in-One launcher for SC2.

Regarding music, it's quite simply not worth adding. There are other 0-day/gen sites that allow user uploaded music, and it's always a small category with sparse downloads. People don't go to a place like FTN for EAC ripped FLAC, What and Waffles already have a far superior collection.

I'm in complete agreement on outdated scene standards, but that's not really what's up for debate. In the minds of people, speed and standards take precedence over quality, and I understand that.

pone44
08-19-2010, 04:41 AM
It probably would improve any scene only tracker. I do not care either way. Some p2p groups improve some scene releases.No matter if they are borrowing content..I wouldn't want to see 10 different versions of the same file.

bumrocks
08-19-2010, 06:04 AM
I just read the entire thread there and it made me realize why I don't make it habit of reading threads there. Seriously full of yourself much?

Is it my imagination or are both of you FLS on the same site that is somewhat in reference? For the record, btw, the second sentence is my favorite followed by the first and only sentence in the second paragraph.

What was the purpose of this thread again?

ninja666
08-19-2010, 07:05 AM
If a scene tracker allow P2P releases,then itīs not a scene tracker anymore...

bumrocks
08-19-2010, 07:34 AM
If a scene tracker allow P2P releases,then itīs not a scene tracker anymore...

Very good statement...

Would become an oxymoron site.

AKADEMiJA
08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I never thought it is great Scene tracker. It is not average either, just good, nothing more (packs are different story). P2P section is not gonna drag and eventually kill FTN, don't you think so?

Not great when it comes to scene content or pre time, but good enought for a common user. I don't think few quality HD movies or music rips will enrich their torrent section. Also there are number of random packs with xxx gb's. Totally useless. Oh wait, their purpose it to gain some buffer -.- .
As for p2p or not; why not, but i doubt they can cover both, scene and p2p releases.

IdolEyes787
08-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Is it my imagination or are both of you FLS on the same site that is somewhat in reference?

Just your imagination running way with you......
Fact is I don't staff anyplace as I've found runs contrary to my stance ( which considering your position I'm sure you can appreciate)that you shouldn't have to be artificially nice to people who you don't legitimately feel like being nice to.

And the only thing I have against P2P releases is, as someone already mentioned , too many copies of the essentially same thing.Otherwise in my ignorance I don't see how they really differ from scene stuff ,except in people's imagination that much at all. On ratio based trackers like TL having a bunch of "duplicates" is not necessarily a terrible thing since if you "miss " one it still gives you options to jump on another.
It is all kind of kind of silly the endless stream of duplicates though .Just some pitiable wanks sitting around sadly trying to pointlessly one up each other .
No wait I'm describing the scene as well.:mellow:

Funkin'
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
It probably would improve any scene only tracker.

I absolutely agree. But I didn't even bother to vote on that poll or make a comment(for some reason I have a doubt any type of change is going to happen, but hopefully I'm proven wrong).

antrax34130
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
there are Generalist trackers wich accept p2p (like TL, IPT) rls and scene trackers ( like SCC), it's fine like that...