PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough!

megabyteme
08-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Anyone else see this on the Google home page?

90th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment

What were they thinking, anyway? :pinch: And, shouldn't we re-evaluate some of these old issues from time to time? What if this had been a complete disaster- would we just keep riding that horse? :unsure:

bigboab
08-19-2010, 07:22 AM

What were they thinking, anyway? :pinch: And, shouldn't we re-evaluate some of these old issues from time to time? What if this had been a complete disaster- would we just keep riding that horse? :unsure:

Leave well alone. They did not abolish chaining to kitchen appliances.:whistling

megabyteme
08-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Luckily, most need permission to use "the car"/not be cooking/not be cleaning, so only a few votes have ever been cast from this group.

Do we really want this ticking time bomb (90 years old) sitting around until it gos off. Maybe they could still "vote", just not on "man's issues".

My grandma has been around through most of this and she can't even have salt on stuff. Is she still fit to make these decisions for the community? :no:

bigboab
08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Your Grandma does not need salt. She is already salt of the earth. We can't, however, give her a vote. As people get older they become more democratic because they know that they have been shafted by business people all their lives.(I do not include you know who in this group).:)

To answer your question, the ninteenth amendment does not apply to our version of Google.

Skiz
08-19-2010, 05:54 PM

What are you talking about? :blink:

j2k4
08-19-2010, 07:33 PM

What are you talking about? :blink:

Huh.

I was afraid to ask.

megabyteme
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Civil rights, gentlemen, civil rights. Thanks for finally asking. :happy:

It seems every time a minority group has fought, and fought hard, to be recognized- after the battle is over and all of the concerns and fears have been shouted from the rooftops- NOT ONCE has there been reason to look back.

My question- why is it so difficult to "grant" civil rights in the first place?

Skiz
08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Civil rights, gentlemen, civil rights. Thanks for finally asking. :happy:

It seems every time a minority group has fought, and fought hard, to be recognized- after the battle is over and all of the concerns and fears have been shouted from the rooftops- NOT ONCE has there been reason to look back.

Women weren't a minority group. :dabs:

Your first post (and all of the subsequent ones) makes it appear that you and others are against womens suffrage. If you're just being sarcastic, this belongs in the Lounge.

megabyteme
08-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Women are a minority. And my initial points were to see how people would respond to a "solved" rights issue versus pending civil rights cases.

j2k4
08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
It ain't working.

To much reach.

megabyteme
08-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Meh. Swing and a miss... As much an (intended) chuckle, as a point. Oh, well.

MagicNakor
08-19-2010, 11:51 PM

Why would property want civil rights? There are educated, rational minds far more able to decide what's best.

:shuriken:

megabyteme
08-20-2010, 12:44 AM

Why would property want civil rights? There are educated, rational minds far more able to decide what's best.

:lol::lol::lol: Beautifully put, sir.

Speedo
08-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Why are you angry about this? You're bending over and no one shows up?

megabyteme
08-20-2010, 08:04 AM
READ THE TOP POST- A SWING AND A MISS. The Lounge does what it wants.

But you came to see me, that makes it a total failure. Cheers!

Speedo
08-20-2010, 12:03 PM
READ THE TOP POST- A SWING AND A MISS. The Lounge does what it wants.

But you came to see me, that makes it a total failure. Cheers!

Ooooh. Caps. You must have sand in you vagina. Helloooo pussycat.

megabyteme
08-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Hmmm smells like Pento...

j2k4
08-20-2010, 07:58 PM

:lol::lol::lol: Beautifully put, sir.

He has a knack.

My own impression is over-serious -the essential work has been done for many decades, and if the 'rights', etc., are worth the paper (yes, it was paper) they were recorded on, they shouldn't require such a comprehensively ideated set of, um, let's see...amendments.

Let the states sort these things, and give the Supremes something worthwhile to do.

WTF is that smell?