PDA

View Full Version : TorrentVault giveaway

gamesover
08-19-2010, 03:50 AM
As some of you may know they just gave away invites to all the members at TorrentVault, 1 invite each. I looked through the section here and I was suprised I didn't see any giveaways for this topnotch 0day tracker. So I'll start the trend. I have 1 invite I will give out to a good person here.

What I will look at is -

Your speedtests, if you dont have a good upload speed you might want to stick with no-ratio trackers like PTM, FTN, or gft.

Your ratio at certain trackers, because I've found its hard to build a ratio there and I dont want you to be banned for inactivity because your afraid to snatch anything.

Your reps and post history here.

That's all, so start applying. If this goes well I will keep doing invite giveaways.

Oh yeah and if you have a bunch of 0day trackers already there's probably no point in applying, since you really can't use them all.

One more rule, don't PM me unless I ask you to. Use this thread to apply.

Really? Nobody wants it?

anon
08-19-2010, 03:27 PM
I looked through the section here and I was suprised I didn't see any giveaways for this topnotch 0day tracker.

Well, I did offer a few invites once... this is how it ended:
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/390963-Miracles-do-happen-(TV-PTM-PTN-FTN-...-drop-from-the-sky-from-time-to-time)?p=3383488#post3383488

anon
08-19-2010, 04:53 PM
You're partly guilty for its demise. Hadn't you made those useless reports, Skizo would probably have never locked that thread. :dabs:

anon
08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
I always post on topic, you don't!

You've just created a paradox.

LubTheStaringCat
08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
senegal: If you like to keep on topic, and considering this thread's about TorrentVault.
And your not on topic, go report yourself and give us all peace :dry:

Quarterquack
08-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Reported for breaking the rule No. 3 and 9.

I wonder at what point the mods will get sick of you pestering them because you keep baiting people into flaming you, then report them. Over and over.

As for the original giveaway: Glad to see gamesover opening up, but on the other hand, didn't you have a trade once? It might be worthwhile letting people in on that so that they don't assume the worst/get put in a bad position at a point in the future.

LubTheStaringCat
08-19-2010, 08:41 PM
senegal: being reported by you Is a badge of honour :hooray:, and like being savaged by the Muppets...Thank You :wank:

Sorry to the OP, good luck with the giveaway.

cinephilia
08-19-2010, 09:35 PM
i'd like to apply for a ffffound invite.

Quarterquack
08-19-2010, 11:26 PM
You have to stop wondering and do something useful.

Get your request fulfilled yet? :o)

gamesover
08-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I looked through the section here and I was suprised I didn't see any giveaways for this topnotch 0day tracker.

Well, I did offer a few invites once... this is how it ended:
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/390963-Miracles-do-happen-(TV-PTM-PTN-FTN-...-drop-from-the-sky-from-time-to-time)?p=3383488#post3383488

1700+ pages? LOL Thats one long ass thread

Reported for breaking the rule No. 3 and 9.

I wonder at what point the mods will get sick of you pestering them because you keep baiting people into flaming you, then report them. Over and over.

As for the original giveaway: Glad to see gamesover opening up, but on the other hand, didn't you have a trade once? It might be worthwhile letting people in on that so that they don't assume the worst/get put in a bad position at a point in the future.

I don't trade trackers. I have plenty of them already and I know full well the rules tracker staff have against trading.

Doesn't mean every site has the same rules. Take Luelinks for example. Their members, even some staff, sell and buy accounts & invites all the time in the LLmart. FFFFound isn't even a tracker, somethingawful is just a forum, etc.
So I try to follow the rules wherever I go, but its different everywhere.

Really what I wanted was an old somethingawful account. I know a lot about the place but i didn't get the chance to sign up years ago. Since it doesn't seem like its possible to get one i will probably just give up on making anymore threads like that. Even stopped bumping my current thread after I realized it was pointless.

So yes I would like to be known for more than just a few threads. You can't judge someone by a few posts they make on a forum. Got to keep an open mind and try to get to know them better first.

Now back to the giveaway.

KennyD
08-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Hey there,
I'll bite :D I've never heard of this tracker but the review says it has fast pre's so thats always a good thing. :)

I tried making my screens nice and pretty but photoshop kept crashing. I'll have to figure out whats up w/ it later.

Screens attached below.
Speed test:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/921005961.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Thanks for having a giveaway. Its nice to see people helping out the community. :D

gamesover
08-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Hey there,
I'll bite :D I've never heard of this tracker but the review says it has fast pre's so thats always a good thing. :)

I tried making my screens nice and pretty but photoshop kept crashing. I'll have to figure out whats up w/ it later.

Screens attached below.
Speed test:

Thanks for having a giveaway. Its nice to see people helping out the community. :D

Why are all the screens edited? Seeing a lot of things blacked out is usually not a good sign.

KennyD
08-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey there,

Screens attached below.
Speed test:

Why are all the screens edited? Seeing a lot of things blacked out is usually not a good sign.

Posting info like that on a public forum usually isn't a good thing.. I've heard rumors that some site ops dislike FST so much that if they see someone just participating in this community and they find out their username on their site they'll ban.

That may or may not be true, but I don't have an enormous amount of BT accounts so I take very good care of the ones I have. I'll PM you the originals.

Quarterquack
08-20-2010, 04:42 AM
I've heard rumors that some site ops dislike FST so much that if they see someone just participating in this community and they find out their username on their site they'll ban.

Most decent sites do not do this. A lot of those even have staffers regularly posting here. Any site that discriminates people (there are a couple that spring to mind) based on memberships here, are truly not worth being a member of.

KennyD
08-20-2010, 04:49 AM
I've heard rumors that some site ops dislike FST so much that if they see someone just participating in this community and they find out their username on their site they'll ban.

Most decent sites do not do this. A lot of those even have staffers regularly posting here. Any site that discriminates people (there are a couple that spring to mind) based on memberships here, are truly not worth being a member of.

Yea... you guys are probably right. It must just be the careful / slightly paranoid side of me. Hell, I have a cross-cut shredder for my bills and other sensitive info. Definitely don't wanna finance someone else's trip to vegas and find out about it 6 months later lol...

I'm feeling pretty trusting right now so I'll just post the originals here..
Thanks for the boost of confidence guys..

Speedtest :
http://www.speedtest.net/result/921241041.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Plus I just realized OP said don't pm unless asked. Don't wanna shoot myself in the foot on that one.

addon619
08-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Keeny looks like lot of invitation left..There are lot of TL request are on FST..So if possible help those who need it..

KennyD
08-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Keeny looks like lot of invitation left..There are lot of TL request are on FST..So if possible help those who need it..

Yea good point.. Hopefully Karma finds it's way back around.

KennyD
08-20-2010, 06:09 AM
There are lot of TL request are on FST..So if possible help those who need it..

traders, scammers, fakers too.

Yea... thats why I still have that invite heh..

gamesover
08-20-2010, 06:38 AM
So your kennyD here and at your trackers... doesn't look like your really hiding. I mean it would be pretty easy for them to find you if they really wanted to. I guess that means your not doing anything bad, which is a good thing.

KennyD
08-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Yea... but this actually proves it lol. See before it could just be a coincidence... :) So what do ya think.. you wanna invite a fella to TV ? I'd love to try it out :D

anon
08-20-2010, 02:56 PM
1700+ pages? LOL Thats one long ass thread

If you look closer, it didn't reach over a thousand pages, but it sure was good while it lasted. :happy:

Posting info like that on a public forum usually isn't a good thing.. I've heard rumors that some site ops dislike FST so much that if they see someone just participating in this community and they find out their username on their site they'll ban.

There are a few sites that spring to mind... sad but true.

gamesover
08-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Yea... but this actually proves it lol. See before it could just be a coincidence... :) So what do ya think.. you wanna invite a fella to TV ? I'd love to try it out :D

PM me your email address. BTW your speedtest looks pretty good, even if your ratio's could be bigger. Do you have a seedbox? That would help u there or anywhere for that matter.
Also you'll be active, right? 66 posts here since 2004 kind of worried me a little.

cinephilia
08-20-2010, 04:28 PM
trackers are meant to get files, it has nothing to do with posting activity.

IdolEyes787
08-20-2010, 04:58 PM

That may or may not be true, but I don't have an enormous amount of BT accounts so I take very good care of the ones I have. I'll PM you the originals.

Maybe if that sort of threat worries you then the proper thing to do would not to participate here rather than being hypocritical and instead just trying to cover up your tracks.
Btw it's not the sysops that you have to worry about it's the large number of unscrupulous people that troll this site that are the concern in case you hadn't noticed.:unsure:

KennyD
08-20-2010, 09:53 PM

PM me your email address. BTW your speedtest looks pretty good, even if your ratio's could be bigger. Do you have a seedbox? That would help u there or anywhere for that matter.
Also you'll be active, right? 66 posts here since 2004 kind of worried me a little.

Thanks a lot man.. It'll get put to good use. :) Don't have a seedbox but this cable line I have at my house will definitely do the trick.. ~50Mbps/10Mbps

Maybe if that sort of threat worries you then the proper thing to do would not to participate here rather than being hypocritical and instead just trying to cover up your tracks.
Btw it's not the sysops that you have to worry about it's the large number of unscrupulous people that troll this site that are the concern in case you hadn't noticed.:unsure:

You do realize that nearly everyone that posts screens on this site for invite purposes, blacks out all the info that I blacked out as well, don't you?
Don't think that's hypocritical.. it's just something that the OP and the person trying to get the invite need to know. Not the whole interwebs. Ya dig? :D

baskinghobo
08-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey mate, i don't know if you can read this since you blocked me but i want to apologize for being a dick yesterday. I thought i was scammed from the person i was buying the tracker account from (not you) because paypal said it accepted the money but took a day to reply and he said he could not recieve the money. I know his not a scammer because he later reversed the payment and said to send to his new address (still waiting for him to send his new address). So if you want the tracker account still then pm me.

P2PDog
08-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey mate, i don't know if you can read this since you blocked me but i want to apologize for being a dick yesterday. I thought i was scammed from the person i was buying the tracker account from (not you) because paypal said it accepted the money but took a day to reply and he said he could not recieve the money. I know his not a scammer because he later reversed the payment and said to send to his new address (still waiting for him to send his new address). So if you want the tracker account still then pm me.

I have a feeling you meant to send this in a PM, not to the whole site :ermm:

IdolEyes787
08-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Too late .As the saying goes "What is done can't be undone" .Although obviously the person who said that lived before they had shoelaces.

baskinghobo
08-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Well i was being angry at him since i was angry at being scammed but i think the main reason he quit the deal was because he thought i was calling him a scammer. i'm not sure.

cinephilia
08-21-2010, 01:20 AM
who the hell are you talking about ?

KennyD
08-21-2010, 01:28 AM
I don't think he even knows.. Some random person that 'tried' to scam him, then backed out cuz he called him chicken or something similar lol!

IdolEyes787
08-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Well i was being angry at him since i was angry at being scammed but i think the main reason he quit the deal was because he thought i was calling him a scammer. i'm not sure.
Yeah come on tell us who it was.:)

baskinghobo
08-21-2010, 05:34 AM
OK i made it confusing. I'll make it simple. I wanted to buy an account to a filesharing forum from gamesover. gamesover said he wasn't selling, only trading and wanted a tracker account instead. I sent money to a random person to get a tracker account but he didn't reply but accepted the money from paypal. Me being impatient, i said to gamesover - "lets quit all this bullshit and just tell me the price you want so i can buy the account to the filesharingforum" with the title "scammed". He thought i was calling him a scammer and he blocked me. The next day i got an email from the person i thought i got scammed by saying he couldn't receive the money on that certain email address and refunded me the money and sent me a new email address to send the money too. I am wondering if gamesover is still interested in the deal and basically apologizing to him for the situation.

cinephilia
08-21-2010, 05:40 AM
I sent money to a random person to get a tracker account
:smilie4:

IdolEyes787
08-21-2010, 12:14 PM
I sent money to a random person to get a tracker account
:smilie4:

So basically it's like a lottery then and I was just unlucky that I wasn't randomly chosen to get some money .:(

Seriously though random person:unsure: I think that you are making the whole thing up .
Name or it didn't happen.

cinephilia
08-21-2010, 01:10 PM
ok ok, money refunded. no need to make a fuss about it :ermm:

SelfMadeMMAn
08-21-2010, 03:39 PM
If you have another, I would love one

gamesover
08-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Not sure how every thread here goes offtopic, but the invite went to kennyD. Just sent him a PM. Closed