PDA

View Full Version : Seeding on TL

kostnkost
08-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Is it just me or does it seem harder to seed on TL now? I remember last year where I could seed and keep my ratio around 5. Now a days I am lucky to keep it over 2.

Is it because the site grew since the earlier days? Seedboxes?

What gives:huh:

7th
08-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Gosh, I never managed to keep it too much over 1 =/
If today is even harder I think I have a good explanation: people like me, with slow connections now download from other trackers (like IPT) that are a lot easier to seed and have tons of content too. So, you have less peers with slow connections while keeping the seedboxes and high speed connections. There must be other motives too, but this one seems plausible to me because that's exactly my case.

IdolEyes787
08-20-2010, 12:39 PM
That's a reasonable guess 7th.Anyway I've noticed a big difference in the last few months and so like you said primarily use IPT and RevTT for anything new although revTT seems to be getting worse of late ( like almost everything else:dabs: - God bless TVT.com) too.

lol87
08-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Is it just me or does it seem harder to seed on TL now? I remember last year where I could seed and keep my ratio around 5. Now a days I am lucky to keep it over 2.

Is it because the site grew since the earlier days? Seedboxes?

What gives:huh:

I think that many of TL users are not using TL because of the new seeding rule. If you don't seed in a ratio 1:1 then you must seed at least 60 hours. My ratio is above 2 and therefore I don't like the idea of seeding of min. 60 hours. I use 100 Mbit internet connnection, so I don't have any problems to seed. I just hate to seed a simpel torrent file for 60 hours, which doesn't make sense for me.

anon
08-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I think that many of TL users are not using TL because of the new seeding rule. If you don't seed in a ratio 1:1 then you must seed at least 60 hours.

They, just like many other 0-Day trackers, don't enforce that rule.

ose
08-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Gbits boxes that's why it's harder

Cabalo
08-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Ratioless trackers are another reason. Many people have migrated to a giant like preto.me and stopped worrying about ratio on sites like TL.

cinephilia
08-20-2010, 09:17 PM
paradoxically, it appears that my largest amounts seeded on TL come from old releases so i'd recommend to just grab what you like and keep it seeded for as long as you can instead of automatically jumping on the newly uploaded torrents.

7th
08-20-2010, 11:22 PM
paradoxically, it appears that my largest amounts seeded on TL come from old releases so i'd recommend to just grab what you like and keep it seeded for as long as you can instead of automatically jumping on the newly uploaded torrents.

actually cine, I think there's no problem in jumping to the new torrents (I even think it's a little bit better) as long as you keep seeding them for a long time. When they become old releases, they will more likely ending up being the most seeded torrents you have.

Night0wl
08-21-2010, 03:56 AM
I have 0.5Mbit up and actually have to remove/stop torrents, so they don't steal from other sites I need to seed. Usually within a week. Once in a blue moon I don't get 1.0 on a release, but they are old. Maybe ISP/location play a part as well? But then again I don't use TL for scene content, but rather the best release, so maybe that plays a part. I also, like cinephilia, download whatever I want from there, new and old.

bigdogg2020
08-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I totally agree with you on TL...got the boot this year. I did see a much harder time to get the ratio up.

Funkin'
08-23-2010, 06:37 AM
I haven't noticed any changes at TL. I have a crap up speed and the site seems to be just as easy to seed on as it ever has.

Downloader
08-25-2010, 07:13 AM
I used to have TL with a great buffer on it but due to inactivity, it has been deleted :( no matter, nzbs are much better for 0day.

jugshark
08-27-2010, 08:33 AM
yeah im a power user in TL ...long term seeding is a way to go

wolfied
09-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Seeding is not that difficult. There is always someone downloading so I haven't had any problemes, YET ! :)

colbert
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Seeding seems about the same to me, no changes

surface
09-20-2010, 02:20 AM
my ratio is almost 4 times my download:D

DanielleD87
09-20-2010, 06:44 AM
My ratio is to high on TL (greater than 4) and I have my total max upload set to 60kB/s right now. Also, I have all of my torrentleech torrents set to low and my other trackers set to high yet TL still seems to take most of my upload bandwidth.

Not sure what you guys are having problems with. Seeding on TL is a piece of cake to the point where it makes my ratio bad on other sites like revTT.

karachidude
09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
i agree with most TL and ipt are very easy to seed on :)