PDA

View Full Version : Starz Seeking 'FlashForward'

SonsOfLiberty
08-20-2010, 09:32 PM
For all you who thought it should never been canceled, you now have hope, source? Google

An active campaign has been undertaken by fans to "save" FlashForward, ABC's science fiction drama which premiered last fall, but was cancelled in May due to dwindling ratings. The campaign, titled "SAVE FLASHFORWARD!" has been running since that point, and even organized blackouts in front of ABC offices around the world, or urging others to vote for FlashForward as the most wrongful cancellation of 2010 (though they've had to fight it out with Legend of the Seeker fans). They've even taken to calling various networks (including SyFy and Starz) to get the series picked up by another network, a la Southland. They have had no indication of success other than rumors that ABC exec Stephen McPherson (no relation to myself) is "cracking." After all, we remember what happened when Jericho was brought back — it was cancelled all over again.

Today, SAVE FLASHFORWARD! reported another rumor: Starz might be looking to pick up FlashForward. Well, that's the word on the street, anyway. "I just called Starz and the rep told me that they are agressively (sic) seeking the license for Flash Forward (sic) and that a lot of people have been calling about Flash Forward (sic)," the site reported, according to Scott, someone apparently involved with the campaign.

Fans are being encouraged to call Starz and make the case for FlashForward, an option available through the toll-free number 866-888-4010 (provided by the group). Starz would be in the best position to host the show, considering they recently nabbed star Joseph Fiennes for their new series Camelot. Some fans complain about having to pay for Starz (a pay cable channel), though others assure them that Starz shows are available through Netflix (speaking of which, subscription to Starz might soon become a necessity, thanks to their surge in original programming, including the BBC co-production of Torchwood season four).

dNA
08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed! But I've seen campaigns like this fall flat before :(

mkp
09-15-2010, 02:29 AM
It is indeed reassuring to note that more and more people are coming to rescue “FlashForward” I have always made it a point to watch it whenever I can. In fact it is based on the novel “Flashforward” by Robert J. Sawyer. I have read the novel but I think the series is far better than the book. I think we all should do whatever we can to convince the bosses of ABC not to pull the plug. It is a pity that ratings are given more importance than the quality of program.