PDA

View Full Version : torrent hosting solution for burning to disk and then snail mail send to residential?

Aristotles
08-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking for a seedbox or other torrent service whereas it will allow me to download the content I want and with an additional fee, have the content burned and mailed to me on DVD's?

I'm asking because I have such crap speeds and a terrible monthly transfers...

Tv Controls you
08-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking for a seedbox or other torrent service whereas it will allow me to download the content I want and with an additional fee, have the content burned and mailed to me on DVD's?

I'm asking because I have such crap speeds and a terrible monthly transfers...

Instead of wasting that extra money on a seedbox, why don't you get a new internet service provider?

Although the closest thing that comes to mind of your description is netflix. They will ship dvd's to you, and as many as you want per month.. But you have to send them back (although you can rip and burn them for your own collection)

Aristotles
08-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Because of the location where I live I just get standard ADSL and because Australia still doesn't have good quality ISP plans.

I would like it because it would be much faster downloading GIGS of data and not having to to use my isp plan for it. Though don't you think it would be a great service where you download the content you want and either have the option of having it burnt to DVD or put on a USB and mailed to you?

ca_aok
08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
That'd be an insanely illegal service to run as I assume they'd charge you, and then you're selling copyrighted material for a profit which is a much bigger offense than simply downloading for non-commerical use.

As said, your best bet is to find a Netflix-like service. In Canada we have one called Zip.ca. I'm sure there's something similar in your area.

Tv Controls you
08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
http://broadbandguide.com.au/providers

Their is some ADSL provider named Dodo that offers an unlimited plan for 59.99 a month.