PDA

View Full Version : New Music Video Tracker In The Works

Avenger1
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Not going to reveal too much but the site is running tbsource 09 code which a has been highly modified , i shall be SysOP along with some other staff helping me out with the site, no links will be available as of yet as the site is still in coding stages. Im just posting here to see what you users would like in terms of features and expectations for a new music video tracker. The site will be private and will be invite only after 4000 users.

Regards

Avenger.

Burnsy
08-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Not massively into Music Video's personally, but good luck with everything... hope it works out well :)

Avenger1
08-23-2010, 12:02 AM
thanks just looking for some ideas etc you know, make it a real users site.

ca_aok
08-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Make sure you have a dedicated staff team you trust, a good coder, and some uploaders as beta testers (you won't catch all the bugs yourself). Try and get tens if not hundreds of torrents up before going public, and make sure the site is polished, it really goes a long way towards early member retention if your site looks like it's off to a good start. Don't just open with zero uploads/members and expect things to work out... people will join, see the site sucks, and never give it another chance.

Avenger1
08-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes thats what we intend to do ca_aok, we are looking for more staff members at the moment but ofc ones we trust. As well as a few coders to help speed things along.

Thanks for your input though, its been taken into consideration!

Quarterquack
08-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Less Lady Gaga. But on a serious note:

The better content providers all have links to sources of information any sane person would consider necessary. A movie tracker should be inclined to host Director information linked to appropriate movies on their pages. A music tracker better host a collective of the Artist's work on the page of just one album, for example.

The way I imagine it would be healthy, would be to link to similar music videos, maybe based on the production studio and the genre or tags the member-base adds (For example, I'd expect Music videos like Breaking the Habit/Handlebars/Nothin' on You to be related somehow based on their style, maybe broken down into sub-styles besides the obvious music genre organizational system, perhaps adding music video tags like Futuristic, Cartoonish, Artistic, Romantic, etc.)

Artist/director/studio pages are a must, as well. Packs for most successful videos of the year/nominations on an annual/decadal accolades for the content etc. All those are things I would expect if I were to visit a dedicated Music Video tracker. (Also, quality rules should be instilled. If I wanted crap quality and I'd down it from youtube, instead. Upload trumping should be a factor, music quality should be considered etc.)

Avenger1
08-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Okay great! We will discuss all these ideas! Thankyou.

dirkdigs
08-23-2010, 02:37 AM
is it scene or ?

1000possibleclaws
08-23-2010, 02:49 AM
You will NEVER top MusicVids which is not even that hard to join, so why even bother with this? I'd suggest focusing on collecting an archive of music dvds, such as documentaries on older bands and music scenes, and then newer live show recordings. That is a niche that would have a much higher likelihood of longterm success.

blowser
08-23-2010, 07:51 AM
i hoe will last long and not others mv tracker that die in short period

th0r
08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
please, please, please make your tracker look as well-designed as possible, even if you have to hire an outside web/graphic designer to do it for you

with the exception of ftn, i don't use any of my private tracker memberships anymore because of how bad their style sheet designs are

Cut-Copy-Paste
08-23-2010, 08:57 AM
And make sure u have dedicated team of rippers and uploader.

Stabber
08-23-2010, 09:43 AM
I would love to see some dvd packs with music video hits each month , like in music-vid ;)

capo
08-23-2010, 10:44 AM
I really will like it if it's a free ratio tracker and bonus points

Burnsy
08-23-2010, 01:58 PM

What would you want the bonus points for if it's ratio free?

anon
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Invites, custom title, ... :unsure:

Burnsy
08-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Invites? It still has to get it's first 4k members first...

Custom Title? Hmmm... ok, fair enough (never bothered with them myself :lol:), but doubt it'd be top of my priority list when first getting the tracker started... however, must be important to some :)

capo
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM

invites . custom title . upload credit . bonus gift and remove warning

senegal
08-23-2010, 03:07 PM

liar.

bigdaddydude
08-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I can help out with staff if needed. I might be able to upload too.

1000possibleclaws
08-23-2010, 04:30 PM

This is probably the easiest way to get into every tracker imaginable, with the new trend of 'torrent celebrities'. Well that is assuming the Sysop isn't a complete n00b.

IdolEyes787
08-23-2010, 04:39 PM

This is probably the easiest way to get into every tracker imaginable, with the new trend of 'torrent celebrities'.

Things can never be asinine enough in bt land. :mellow:

anon
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM

One would think you can rule upload credit out, if it's a ratio-free tracker. But who knows...

1000possibleclaws
08-23-2010, 05:58 PM

One would think you can rule upload credit out, if it's a ratio-free tracker. But who knows...

Can't think of one good reason to have a second economy system on a no ratio tracker. except to appease the bttards that have already overrun your userbase. capo being one of them.

It alienates me seeing no ratio sites or even ratio sites adopting a 3rd or 4th pointless economy. New gen of staffers are out of touch, I don't know if they are trying to outdo older trackers but its just nonsense they are achieving.

Burnsy
08-23-2010, 06:03 PM

Can't think of one good reason to have a second economy system on a no ratio tracker. except to appease the bttards that have already overrun your userbase. capo being one of them.

It alienates me seeing no ratio sites or even ratio sites adopting a 3rd of even a 4th pointless economy. New gen of staffers are out of touch, I don't know if they are trying to outdo older trackers but its just nonsense they are achieving.

Totally agree... imho the only 'need' for a bonus system is on trackers with Ratio's where upload credit can be bought, or download can be removed. Even 'remove a warning'... all you have to do is behave yourself and act like an adult and you'd normally be ok (depending on the staffers)

capo
08-23-2010, 09:34 PM

liar.

and that's because

th0r
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
you're a liar

Avenger1
08-24-2010, 02:14 AM
ok, well add all the suggestions to the list :), what source code would you guys like?

also bigdaddydude, to make staff we will want more than uploads from you, we will want some loyalty you would have to work to become staff, not just expect a staff slot just for asking, we are in process of recruiting more staff as another coder or two is needed. But dont expect a staff slot by just asking.

Thanks everyone,

Avenger.

sirhsv
08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Coud you please ensure that you make facilities for a Vob section. I like alot of the packs on other sites.. But they are compressed formats... Vob files or full dvd's would be my first preference... What requiremens will you have for uploaders?

Downloader
08-25-2010, 07:16 AM
What would you offer that would make you different from MusicVids?

Speedo
08-26-2010, 01:25 AM
What would you offer that would make you different from MusicVids?

Something douchebags like you don't take likely. Loyalty, integrety and all the other reasons your girlfriend fucked the other guy over.