PDA

View Full Version : Blocknews vs Astraweb for posting to usenet

Duron
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
which is better/safer?

zot
08-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I think Astraweb and Blocknews are probably very similar when it comes to posting.

Keep in mind that posting to usenet is not anonymous. If someone really wants to track down an uploader, they can do it because ALL providers log upload details such as the user's IP address to fight spam abuse. I've never known anyone to be sued for posting a copyrighted file, but I've known several people (using various providers) who got their upload ability blocked.

USPs are supposed to restrict the upload privileges (or even cancel the entire account) of habitual copyright infringers (Giganews reportedly does this a lot) so if you do a lot of posting from a block account, it would be wise to use one that is nearly empty of download bytes, just in case it might get canceled.

ensisoft
08-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Blocknews is fricken slow regardless of using us or eu servers. Astraweb provides much faster downloads.

hdjunky
08-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Blocknews is fricken slow regardless of using us or eu servers. Astraweb provides much faster downloads.

Never had a problem here maxing out 25 MBit when I have access to it but then again that has nothing to do with this topic, notice he said uploading. I think I have seen more and more stuff getting posted with blocknews than before too. A block account makes more sense just in case you were to lose it you are only out a couple of bucks.

WHiKWiRE
08-31-2010, 05:03 AM
I use an astraweb block account to upload to usenet and have never encountered any problems. DVD9's and DVD5's are usually what I up.

SonsOfLiberty
08-31-2010, 05:29 AM
I use an astraweb block account to upload to usenet and have never encountered any problems. DVD9's and DVD5's are usually what I up.

LOl I knew it...WHiCK!