PDA

View Full Version : Switching from BitTorrent to Usenet

brijazz
08-24-2010, 02:20 PM
I've been using BitTorrent for years, but I'm trying to make the switch to Usenet. I've found a provider that I'm happy with, but am having a tough time quickly finding the files that I want. For example, if I search "Entourage S07E07", I get results but can't sort out which files are legit, which have passwords, etc. It all just seems a bit "messy". I guess that I've become used to the neatly-organized structure of the private BT trackers.

Can anyone give any advice on how to get organized with searching/search results? Thanks!

Cabalo
08-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Which site are you using to browse the groups?

brijazz
08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
I've tried a couple of things:

1) www.nzbclub.com
2) the search engine in my newsreader (Unison)

Skiz
08-24-2010, 04:14 PM
You have to know the right groups if you're going to use search engines or headers, but once you've got your favorite groups entrenched in your newsreader of choice, you'll find everything you need and will be able to download it sooner and possibly faster than if you relied on your private tracker.

The best way to get started really is to use NZB sites and learn which uploaders cap the TV shows you're looking for.

Cabalo
08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Speaking of NZB sites, have you noticed the big "NZB" button at the top of this board?
It's a great place to start ;)

oddcat
08-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Nzbmatrix.com and newzbin.com are probably the most user friendly search engines I've come across. Of the two, nzbmatrix only requires a small one off lifetime payment (well worth it IMO, but then again, I'm just lazy).

Downloader
09-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I believe binsearch.info will notify you if something is passworded.

sandman_1
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
The sites I use:

www.nzbclub.com <--tells if password protected or archives within archives

www.nzbindex.nl

www.newzleech.com

www.binsearch.info <--tells if password protected

I also look for a.b.@EFNet postings or www.Usenet4all.eu. Those posts seem reliable than others.

I use that in conjunction with Scene Info sites that usually have a Usenet link along with the announcement of the Release.

scenerelease.info

www.scnsrc.net

www.Rlslog.net

www.vcdq.com

Add in sites such as this and it couldn't be any easier...

tesco
09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Speaking of NZB sites, have you noticed the big "NZB" button at the top of this board?
It's a great place to start ;)
Yes and what he was looking for is posted in there too:

Entourage S07E07 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION (http://filesharingtalk.nzbs/tv/x264720/3689-Entourage-S07E07-720p-HDTV-X264-DIMENSION)
Entourage S07E07 Tequila and Coke HDTV XviD-FQM (http://filesharingtalk.nzbs/tv/xvid/3682-Entourage-S07E07-Tequila-and-Coke-HDTV-XviD-FQM)

Brijazz, when searching in indexing sites like binsearch/newzleech, searching headers, using supersearch, etc. (basically anything that isn't verified by humans), the general guideline that I follow is that the oldest "scene" result (which will be in a specific format, for example "{Show Title} s{Seasion}e{Episode} {source} {encoding}-{Release Group}" is a "real" post (no viruses, passwords, or fake files). After that there can be reposts, PROPERs, etc. that are "real" as well, which is why this is only a guideline, but it is still a good piece of advice.

Use our nzb index (http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/) to begin with. You will find almost all new movies and tv eps in there, a lot of games and music as well.