PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

Pages : [1] 2

IdolEyes787
08-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Next great fanboi show?

AMC's Fall series The Walking Dead, based on Robert Kirkman's incredibly popular comic book series that began in 2003 published by Image Comics, tells the story of the weeks and months that follow a pandemic zombie apocalypse. Old world Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) travels with his family and a small group of survivors, constantly in search of a safe and secure home. Frank Darabont directed the pilot episode, which debuts on the network on Halloween( October 31).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mybBDpYe_5Y

So is this is obviously derivative of 28 Days Later but so what?
Great use of music btw .

darkstate01
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Lets hope this is as good as dead set, now that zombie series was great. In fact I could do with another season of dead set.

mr. nails
08-26-2010, 06:55 AM
i'll give this a go and i've never heard of dead set. guess i'll look into that later.

mr. nails
09-20-2010, 04:46 AM
just finished the UK tv show Dead Set. it was a decent watch to pass the time. thx 4 the heads up.

mr. nails
11-01-2010, 09:03 AM
walking dead series has started. watched the 1st ep and it was meh. just another zombie show to feed the fire i guess.

IdolEyes787
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
just finished the UK tv show Dead Set. it was a decent watch to pass the time. thx 4 the heads up.

I just watched Dead Set as well .Really disappointed in the ending ,unless the whole thing was meant as an homage to Romero.

Didn't, of course goes without saying , like everyone dying and everything else was more or less Zombie 101 by the numbers , right down to the main "bad guy " sabotaging everything and getting ripped apart while goading the zombies on ( see original Dawn of Dead and even parodied already in Shawn of the Dead and Planet Terror).

I'd say the only original thing about it was the Reality show setting if it hadn't already been done to death(pun intended) as well.

I was going to watch The Walking Dead last night but seems my cable company doesn't AMC so I'm going to have to download it first. :mellow:
I figure it's got a decent chance of being well ...decent since the writer/creator is the same guy ( Frank Darabont) who wrote the script to The Shawshank Redemption and he has a history in Horror movies..

SelfMadeMMAn
11-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Thus far it has followed the comic, let's hope it continues. The first episode was awesome, reminiscent of Romero which is great in itself

skywalker91
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
very good pilot epis
i hope they keep it up
i'll try to check it's comics

Eazil
11-06-2010, 06:35 PM
It was very good except the first scene with the little girl. Waiting for the next :D

The_Wire
11-07-2010, 05:40 PM
hmm, well one thing is good with us humans! Everything is relative!! it depends on the point of view and the taste of the person.
For example the first scene that Eazil above me said he didn't like, i loved it!
The series starts great, breaking all taboos and standards!
American tv would never (or rarely) show you a little girl getting shot in the head and in slow motion with all the blood etc etc. And this is exactly what this show gives you from the get go!
I liked the thing it didn't conform and took off the beaten track.
Let's hope it will continue surprising us in a good way.
I'm curious to see the second episode tonight!

LockeJohn
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Great serie in my impression!! Probably next episodes will be better ;)

mr. nails
11-09-2010, 07:29 AM
already renewed for a 2nd season.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Finally got around to watching the first two episodes and while there were good points ( though melodramatic the husband with the scoped rifle - that he didn't shoot) it's already fallen into the pit of predictability. Sort of a Jericho with more blood.
I didn't particularly like Jericho btw , with it's increasing ludicrous storyline and it's emphasis on soap over character. I see the stereotypes and the silly soap aspect already happening with The Walking Dead.
Also it's pretty obvious that the racist character didn't die - see the convenient dropping of the bag full of saws - old adage ,when a writer introduces a gun in the first act ... and this will set up some stupid - like the best friend /adulterous wife thing - human against human conflict instead of centering the show on where it should be centered- on the zombies.

The creator of the show has stated that it's more about what happens to people when you strip all the nice little trappings of civilization from them, apparently that means you enter the land of soap .
Doesn't mean something like this has to be bad , the movie The Road did a decent job of conveying indomitable spirit in the face of hopelessness but I think to do that you need to really think about portraying more honest reaction than just "moving the story along"
Besides at this rate (expect for the Jericho lunacy ) I don't see how they can sustain the premise anyway .

tesco
11-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Also it's pretty obvious that the racist character didn't die - see the convenient dropping of the bag full of saws - old adage ,when a writer introduces a gun in the first act ... and this will set up some stupid - like the best friend /adulterous wife thing - human against human conflict instead of centering the show on where it should be centered- on the zombies.

There's only so much you can do with zombies though, which is why I think this show is going to fail. Something like Prison Break (first season of that was awsome btw, because it was intended to only last for one season). I predict we get 2 season out of this show, 3 max...
I do hope it can keep putting out though, it beats a lot of the other crap they have on tv...

yoco
11-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Well I never heard about this until now! Will definitely check it out sometime later!

flyflee
11-11-2010, 06:36 PM
i heard this drama is so cool. i'm going to watch it

Timeless
11-17-2010, 02:38 PM
After 3 episodes it got kinda boring. Id just stick with the comic

torrentman123
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
wow i this this is a great show as i cant wait for the next episode to air

tesco
11-18-2010, 01:27 AM
So Merle had all the time in the world to cut through that 1/2inch rod and instead he decided to cut off his own hand? :wacko:

IdolEyes787
11-18-2010, 03:07 AM
That's why it's called a drama and not a documentary.

mr. nails
11-18-2010, 05:40 AM
So Merle had all the time in the world to cut through that 1/2inch rod and instead he decided to cut off his own hand? :wacko:

silly white ppl

A
11-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Everything you need to know about walking dead - io9 (http://io9.com/5686018/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-walking-dead).The stuff mentioned there reads pretty interesting.The only new show I am following from this year is Boardwalk empire, might as well add Walking dead to my download quota :P.Are there any good TV series worth checking out?I just watch Family Guy,South Park,Modern Family and 2 and a half men.I really liked Veronica Mars back then, but there have been no shows similar to that :|.I also used to watch Numb3rs for quite sometime, until it lost its touch and left the realm of realism and sane reasoning.Everything else is just on and off or the ones I followed have stopped airing.

tesco
11-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Everything you need to know about walking dead - io9 (http://io9.com/5686018/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-walking-dead).The stuff mentioned there reads pretty interesting.The only new show I am following from this year is Boardwalk empire, might as well add Walking dead to my download quota :P.Are there any good TV series worth checking out?I just watch Family Guy,South Park,Modern Family and 2 and a half men.I really liked Veronica Mars back then, but there have been no shows similar to that :|.I also used to watch Numb3rs for quite sometime, until it lost its touch and left the realm of realism and sane reasoning.Everything else is just on and off or the ones I followed have stopped airing.
Dexter is a must, Breaking Bad, Futurama (new eps are just as good as the old ones), Chuck (i haven't seen any of this season though), Weeds season 1,2&3, Prison Break season 1, and House is great but gets too repetitive.

That's why it's called a drama and not a documentary.
It's called poor writing imo. :snooty: They could have come up with something better.

A
11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Dexter is a must, Breaking Bad, Futurama (new eps are just as good as the old ones), Chuck (i haven't seen any of this season though), Weeds season 1,2&3, Prison Break season 1, and House is great but gets too repetitive.

Thanks tesco.From the above mentioned TV series, I dropped House, like you said, it was too repetitive.Dexter never clicked me.Never got into Futurama, because I was always full with Family Guy and south park :P.I used to follow Prison break, it was a nice show.I guess its time for weeds :D

mr. nails
12-02-2010, 06:17 AM
writing staff fired from the show and freelancers take over. shows doing horrible, but they wanna keep it going?

Source (http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1137550p1.html).

Stinson
12-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Great! Why wouldn't they cancel the show immediately instead?

The_Wire
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM
shows doing horrible, but they wanna keep it going?

Actually the show is doing great, and has terrific ratings, probably you misunderstood something. That's the reason it got renewed for a second season pretty quickly.

Now the firing thing was a bit cirious, but this whole deal is still pretty vague.
From what deadline is reporting this is still a rumor, probably will be confirmed soon, but a rumor as (of) yet.
Furthermore, producer/director/writer Darabont is said to be toying with the idea of assigning freelancers to each script, so this isn't certain as well!

In addition to that, Darabont has already written or co-written the episodes so far, this shows that he is already carrying the bulk of the writing work on his shoulders.
Therefore i wouldn't get disappointed by the rumor/news or worried that the show might get cancelled, yet.
Things are looking good and probably they will continue that way.

IdolEyes787
10-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Watched the season 2 premiere after marathoning the first and I have to admit the show does have a lot going for it. A nice balance of action and characterization that only strays to the ridiculous or maudlin occasionally.

Looking forward to the introduction of some fresh locations and some of the other characters from the books.
http://www.chron.com/life/article/5-reasons-to-watch-AMC-s-The-Walking-Dead-2213529.php

mjmacky
10-18-2011, 01:49 AM
I had originally been worried about the show after hearing the creator left the project after the 1st season (claiming it was a grueling workload that he no longer wished to undertake). However, the season 2 opening gave me no reason to feel apprehension, a solid start for the series. Does even a better job of making you clench your fists and make you think (zomg what are you doing, them's could be zombie)

or zomg oh shit zombie will get you

IdolEyes787
10-18-2011, 02:18 AM
I had originally been worried about the show after hearing the creator left the project after the 1st season (claiming it was a grueling workload that he no longer wished to undertake).

I think the actual reason was that the network demanded budget cuts so they could then funnel the money to critical darling Mad Men.

Walking Dead gets almost double Mad Men's ratings btw.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/amc-president-on-breaking-bad-order-walking-dead-budget-mad-men-deal/

mjmacky
10-18-2011, 04:31 AM
I think the actual reason was that the network demanded budget cuts so they could then funnel the money to critical darling Mad Men.

Ah yes, sounds like it. My recollection was hearsay imparted upon me some time back. This paints a clearer picture.

Funkin'
10-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Good to know that the season 2 premier is getting some positive impressions. I DVR'd last night but I'm debating on whether to watch it now or wait until the end of the season and watch all episodes back to back.

Maybe I'll check out Mad Men to keep my busy.

IdolEyes787
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAQuLntqXY&hd=1

VinX
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
s02 starting was pretty decent.. they killed like 4-5 walkers only.. and the stupid kid running away when strictly given orders to stay the fuck where she is... pff >.<

mjmacky
10-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Seriously, thank you for that post Idol, I loved it beyond all recognition

IdolEyes787
10-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Seriously, thank you for that post Idol, I loved it beyond all recognition

With the possible exception of posts by Vinx ,being as they are too far gone for any hope of redemption, anything is improved by the addition of Christopher Walken.:yup:

megabyteme
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
anything is improved by the addition of Christopher Walken.:yup:

My first thought was, "sex with my wife wouldn't"...then I thought, "...well, just not for me." :(

So, I think your argument still holds...

crazzyjoe31
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
s02 starting was pretty decent.. they killed like 4-5 walkers only.. and the stupid kid running away when strictly given orders to stay the fuck where she is... pff >.<

If you remember correctly he told her after he led the walkers away to "Keep the sun on your left shoulder and it will lead you back to the highway". As they said while tracking her, she did as told...but the trail just vanished at that spot. It's that suspenseful aspect they just throw in at random that I love about the show. Like the end of the episode for example...who would have thought?

clocker
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=VinX;3621102] Like the end of the episode for example...who would have thought?
I was pretty sure the episode would end...most do.

mjmacky
10-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Maybe I'll check out Mad Men to keep my busy.

What Would Don Draper Do? (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/wwddd)

Funkin'
10-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Alright I'm even more interested now. I'll have to start the first season.

iLOVENZB
10-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Ehh the S02 web series isn't the same as TV series. I thought it was just a WEB-DL (http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x2641080/49500-The-Walking-Dead-Webisode-1080p-Web-DL-AAC-2.0-x264-T00NG0D). According to Wikipedia the web series is going to have 6 episodes. They're not released in weekly intervals?

I enjoyed S01, wan't a HUGE fan of the genre but still enjoyed it. Should be interesting to see how they drag this along. Maybe we'll even see some zombies this season? :w00t:

IdolEyes787
10-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I enjoyed S01, wan't a HUGE fan of the genre but still enjoyed it. Should be interesting to see how they drag this along. Maybe we'll even see some zombies this season? :w00t:

The series is incorporating many of the characters and following some of the elements of the comics but also making significant changes.

Major spoilers so avoid if you don't want to know.

Shane gets shot and killed by Carl fairly early on and doesn't get shot himself until much later.Biggest thing to see if the producers still go down this road ,like I'm guessing ,or decide like True Blood to keep certain characters alive (Sheriff Andy) and rework the story around them. Also in the books it's discovered that you don't have to be bitten to re-animate into a zombie.

I don't know how I feel about the rumoured appearance of Michonne (http://www.comicvine.com/michonne/29-46819/) in Season 2.Well clearly "cool" she steers the show further into comic book territory.

ShadowHunter
10-20-2011, 09:48 PM
I think its a good series But it need a little work too

mjmacky
10-26-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm glad there have been zombie hordes in 2/2 episodes so far this season. I was hoping they wouldn't tend towards making the entire show about internal conflict (safe for now).

Speaking of which, while walking on campus today I see 3 rolled up socks on the sidewalk like someone dropped off their laundry. Not only that, but people with bandannas are chasing each other all around the place. I have come to realize that they started back up with Zombies vs Humans at our school again, and socks are weapons used to stun zombies. They apparently switch to nerf guns after 10 pm. If zombies were as popular 20 years ago as they are now, I could see myself playing this game as a youngin'. I just don't get how they can all involve themselves in a 24/7 game while on location at the place they receive their educations. It's like the campus is just a playground. But then again, I'm a miserable judgmental bastard who hates reading a page of rules (http://humansvszombies.org/rules).

http://humansvszombies.org/

fordbenedict
10-26-2011, 11:52 PM
2nd premier was sad. Squeezing a run time out of wandering the woods, reminds a lot of Blair Witch Project to me.

megabyteme
10-27-2011, 01:19 AM
I haven't seen s2e02 yet, but the final few minutes of e01 were amazing! He is obviously a man with some faith in God, and has shown to be firm in his beliefs that he is to help the people in his care. He asks God for a sign of approval/disapproval and next scene... *BOOM* His own son is shot in the chest, and lays dying.

For those who missed this relevance- the zombie apocalypse was created by God- God answered his question immediately by striking down his son. This creates the amazing struggle between a man's faith in his actions, and his beliefs in doing what God wishes him to do. The story becomes a struggle for survival against God. Fukin' amazing writing, IMO... :O

mholic
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Im loving the season 2. Season 1 was an epic fail for me :)

mjmacky
11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Im loving the season 2. Season 1 was an epic fail for me :)

I'm hoping mholic2 won't be as terrible as mholic

Jimbo76
11-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Reallly enjoy the walking dead. the 2nd season has been ok. episodes 1 and 3 are great but episodes 2 and 4 are a bit slow. next weeks will be better I hope.

dreamgirl
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
2nd season so far is pretty good. better than the first!

fordbenedict
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Shane is so far the only character to show real depth. :(

HeLLboy1
11-12-2011, 12:44 PM
First season was better...

mjmacky
11-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Even zombies would consider you the special one of the group.

IdolEyes787
11-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Even zombies would consider you the special one of the group.

Not that I'm psychic but I think I can guess where HeLLboy is going with this.

Also as to " the first season being better" or not I think that depends entirely on if you buy into both the author's and the TV show runner's idea that The Walking Dead isn't really about fighting zombies at all.
I am sort of curious though if the producers have the balls ,which as of yet they haven't shown ,to follow down the same grim path as the comics.

Either way I hope they introduce The Hunter's as I'm all for equal opportunity cannibalism.

mjmacky
11-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I am sort of curious though if the producers have the balls ,which as of yet they haven't shown ,to follow down the same grim path as the comics.

Either way I hope they introduce The Hunter's as I'm all for equal opportunity cannibalism.

Humans, the deadliest easiest and slowest moving prey.

Artemis
11-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Humans, the deadliest easiest and slowest moving prey.

I don't know about you, but personally I'm faster off the mark than a tree sloth, it's those hippo's you've really got to watch out for. :blink:

Funkin'
11-13-2011, 12:18 AM
This and American Horror Story are my new favorite shows. I only wish more shows like these were on. Thankfully both got picked for another season.

Aren't there some British zombie/horror shows? I think I remember Idol mentioning something about this somewhere a while ago. But then again with my memory it could have been his sister from the other night that told me.

iLOVENZB
11-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Was it Dead Set Funkin'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285482/
http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-20204

IdolEyes787
11-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Being Human? No zombies that I know of but vampires,werewolves and ghosts.

There was Dead Set a miniseries combining Big Brother and a zombie apocalypse which was pretty brutally effective if looking a little on the cheap side.

See also the Torchwood: Children of Earth miniseries which a lot of people seem to like and Sea of Souls a "Scottish X-files".

Then there's Misfits which isn't horror but fantasy but incredibly highly regarded.

mjmacky
11-13-2011, 04:16 AM
See also the Torchwood: Children of Earth miniseries
They lost their campiness on that season, but it was still a magnificent storyline. They really fumbled their style on season 4, I had someone recap it for me to see if I was even missing out and lucky barley I'm glad I dropped that one halfway through.

Then there's Misfits which isn't horror but fantasy but incredibly highly regarded.
Episode 1 of the new season gave me a bit of a scare, I found it an entirely disappointing return. But then episode two came in and gave me a great foot and body rub, then turned me over for the happy ending. Triumphant return.

Anyone else caught Death Valley?

Funkin'
11-13-2011, 04:32 AM
Thanks NZB and Idol. I actually think it was Torchwood I saw you mention long ago but I'm going to give all of these a go.

Appreciate the help.

IdolEyes787
11-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone else caught Death Valley?

I set my PVR to record the next episode.Could be fun could be terrible but I do agree with you that originating as it does on MTV doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Artemis
11-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Oooooh I see what you are doing now. You're trying to teach the masses english diction using the 'fill in the blank' method, how cunning of you.

IdolEyes787
11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
How about some sign language then?

http://oi41.tinypic.com/rr2jgg.jpg

mjmacky
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM
How about some sign language then?

http://oi41.tinypic.com/rr2jgg.jpg

You see artemis, that is clearly a middle finger. It has decent detail, resolution and color. Idol stood against his very *core of values to communicate this sign to you.

*probably not his core of values.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Finale Sunday and I'm going out of a limb here not and predicting much massacring will occur.

I wonder if now that little Carl has a gun if.....

chalice
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
There are 13 episodes in this season, you nut.

temisturk
11-27-2011, 08:44 AM
I enjoyed the first series of Walking Dead, and will watch the second when the series is done.

I can't be assed waiting week by week for episodes. I much prefer to watch them over successive nights, without ad breaks, so I wait for season packs to come out. Actually, with the no. of series that get cancelled / drift into crapiness, my first preference is to wait for series to end and grab series packs but sometimes I lose my head. I'm suffering now, waiting for Gladiator to return. :D

IdolEyes787
11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
There are 13 episodes in this season, you nut.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Three month hiatus.You say tomato I say mid-seaon finale.

Very mild spoilers to what lies ahead (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/11/the-walking-deads-robert-kirkman-more-new-characters-including-michonne-in-the-works.html)

I enjoyed the first series of Walking Dead, and will watch the second when the series is done.

I can't be assed waiting week by week for episodes. I much prefer to watch them over successive nights, without ad breaks, so I wait for season packs to come out. Actually, with the no. of series that get cancelled / drift into crapiness, my first preference is to wait for series to end and grab series packs but sometimes I lose my head. I'm suffering now, waiting for Gladiator to return. :D

Sorry to disappoint you turmeric but I really don't give a fuck that you are a privileged little twat.

lol2
11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
only is good in the walking dead is zombies and that all Iam need :D

temisturk
11-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Turmeric? My, my, what a clever little man you are.

IdolEyes787
11-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Turmeric? My, my, what a clever little man you are.
Wow I've been insulted by some anonymous person of questionable intelligence on the internet.I hope my fragile ego can withstand it.
Anyway sorry. I should have written your name properly and small man that I am humbly apologize tetristurk.

Btw no further offense intended but methinks that downloading talk belongs in the bt and not the movie/TV section.

temisturk
11-28-2011, 06:32 AM
I posted about my liking for the series which is the topic of this thread, and mentioned the way in which I preferred to view it. I didn't and don't see anything in the rules of the "filesharingtalk" forum which forbids mention of filesharing outside of the BitTorrent section. And you insulted me first.

I'm sure if a current member of staff feels I've posted inappropriately they will inform me. In the meantime I've added you to my ignore list--I've no time for trolls. If, for some reason which escapes me, you find my posts offensive, then please do the same for me.

Funkin'
11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Fantastic mid-season finally. Kinda sucks we gotta wait until February though for new episodes.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Fantastic mid-season finally. Kinda sucks we gotta wait until February though for new episodes.

Oh it's a midseason finale? My wife was telling me it was a season finale. Do I need to slap her for misinforming me again. I mean really beat her like a Turkish waitress.

Funkin'
11-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah it's just mid-season. That would really suck if it ended now since this season would only had been as long as last. I'm hoping for at least another six more episodes when they restart in February. But damn that sure is a little bit of a wait. I'm sure it will be worth it though.

And I would personally go for an all out beating instead of a slap. A slap, in my opinion, will tell her that her that you were only slightly annoyed and that it would be ok to make a similar mistake in the future. Which since you put 'again' at the end of that sentence a simple slap will no longer due.

Trust me, my girl no longer attempts to reach for the remote while I'm watching the Bears game(and now that I think of it any other program/game) after what I did to her when she tried it the last time. Which I don't blame her. If someone beat me to the point where I couldn't pull myself up off the floor for fifteen minutes after the fact I sure as hell wouldn't make the same mistake again either.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Trust me, my girl no longer attempts to reach for the remote while I'm watching the Bears game(and now that I think of it any other program/game) after what I did to her when she tried it the last time. Which I don't blame her. If someone beat me to the point where I couldn't pull myself up off the floor for fifteen minutes after the fact I sure as hell wouldn't make the same mistake again either.

I've never had an issue with any sporting or channel changing, as I don't have any type of live programming and don't really like sports. However, I am in a fantasy league that involves members of my family and I brought it up a couple of times in passing. She then questioned me about why I'm talking about it if I don't like sports. I beat her senseless. I don't think either of us are sure what she learned from it.

I wish some of my friends were more network literate. I am securing 7 episodes of web.dl's on the microSD card of my phone, to transfer to my friend's phone, to allow him to play it on the Popcorn Hour at his home that I *sold to him 2 years ago.

*I sold him the Popcorn Hour, not the home. I advised against the purchase of his home.

IdolEyes787
11-28-2011, 01:33 PM

I've never had an issue with any sporting or channel changing, as I don't have any type of live programming and don't really like sports. However, I am in a fantasy league that involves members of my family and I brought it up a couple of times in passing. She then questioned me about why I'm talking about it if I don't like sports. I beat her senseless. I don't think either of us are sure what she learned from it.

I wish some of my friends were more network literate. I am securing 7 episodes of web.dl's on the microSD card of my phone, to transfer to my friend's phone, to allow him to play it on the Popcorn Hour at his home that I *sold to him 2 years ago.

*I sold him the Popcorn Hour, not the home. I advised against the purchase of his home.

The future has apparently arrived and I have to tell you so far I'm not liking it too much.

Hopefully the zombies will arrive soon .Then all the people with their noses stuck to LED screens tweeting about exactly what is happening and what to do ,well they will be oblivious to what is going on 3 feet away and be ironically the first to go.
Who says God has no sense of humour?

Of course when the zombie apocalypse arrives and if movies have taught me anything it will, then the problem will be to determine who is a zombie and who is merely a zombie-like person on a smart phone.
Thankfully that conundrum is easily solve by shooting anyone with a portable device.

I posted about my liking for the series which is the topic of this thread, and mentioned the way in which I preferred to view it. I didn't and don't see anything in the rules of the "filesharingtalk" forum which forbids mention of filesharing outside of the BitTorrent section. And you insulted me first.

I'm sure if a current member of staff feels I've posted inappropriately they will inform me. In the meantime I've added you to my ignore list--I've no time for trolls. If, for some reason which escapes me, you find my posts offensive, then please do the same for me.
Please someone show me exactly where I insulted tsunami in my original post? I would ask him but mature individual that he is he has apparently decided to run away instead of attempt to settle any differences.
Hopefully he doesn't work at the U.N.

Btw little man that I am I also fail to see where I told him that he wasn't allowed to post anything that he wished here.I merely opined that I'd personally prefer this section, given it's posted description, to be a sanctuary against the type of bittardiness that infests most other parts of FST.

Call me a dreamer.:idunno:

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
The future has apparently arrived and I have to tell you so far I'm not liking it too much.

Hopefully the zombies will arrive soon .Then all the people with their noses stuck to LED screens tweeting about exactly what is happening and what to do ,well they will be oblivious to what is going on 3 feet away and be ironically the first to go.
Who says God has no sense of humour?

Of course when the zombie apocalypse arrives and if movies have taught me anything it will, then the problem will be to determine who is a zombie and who is merely a zombie-like person on a smart phone.
Thankfully that conundrum is easily solve by shooting anyone with a portable device.

I see what you were going for, but there's irony in the sense that phone was being reduced down to a storage device, and by extension you're shooting at anyone that looks to be carrying a floppy or compact disc.

I merely opined that I'd personally prefer this section, given it's posted description, to be a sanctuary against the type of bittardiness that infests most other parts of FST.

Call me a dreamer.:idunno:

Basically you don't like anyone pissing in your toilet bowl?

IdolEyes787
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Like you would without permission?

Also in seriousness,I have given up on tracker movie forums for precisely that reason and this is my last bastion filesharing -wise in a long and bitter battle to actually talk about the stuff I watch rather than the form that I watch it in.
Seeing as this is my fall back position/line in the sand I will tend to defend it more fervently.

That and mess around a lot.

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Like you would without permission?

Also in seriousness,I have given up on tracker movie forums for precisely that reason and this is my last bastion filesharing -wise in a long and bitter battle to actually talk about the stuff I watch rather than the form that I watch it in.
Seeing as this is my fall back position/line in the sand I will tend to defend it more fervently.

That and mess around a lot.

Well shit Idol, if I knew you were a retreating Frenchman I could have suggested a few forum hideouts. Not all hope is lost, you'll find all the relevant safe house locations below:

Not a trap (http://community.fxnetworks.com/forums.php?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3af27ae353-967b-4534-a3f6-a2a4e59eed78Forum%3ae1256ca0-fe70-4722-8eae-d434d3ee11f8)

Srsly not a trap, I promised to kill the gag (http://www.tv.com/shows/louie/forums/)

Why would you think this one is a trap? I'm a frakking liar (http://www.topix.com/forum/tv/louie)

temisturk
11-28-2011, 08:24 PM
OK, I apologise. I'm unreliably informed that I might have missed some perverted attempt at humour in your first post. But since I've not watched s2 and won't do for several months I'm afraid that means I'll not be able to grace this thread with my presence again for quite some time. I guess you won't mind :P But I do kinda see your point I will try to avoid deviating from the path of strict righteousness in other threads.

IdolEyes787
11-28-2011, 08:35 PM
OK, I apologise. I'm unreliably informed that I might have missed some perverted attempt at humour in your first post. But since I've not watched s2 and won't do for several months I'm afraid that means I'll not be able to grace this thread with my presence again for quite some time. I guess you won't mind :P But I do kinda see your point I will try to avoid deviating from the path of strict righteousness in other threads.

Apology unnecessary but accepted. You don't seem a bad fellow at all and I'm sorry if I offended you by mispelling your name tiramisu.
Also like I said someplace , your posts no matter if I happen to agree with them or not, are just as valid as any of mine so say whatever you want and basically fuck me.

only is good in the walking dead is zombies and that all Iam need :D

Good point even though as stated by the author and evidenced by the last episode the show is only peripherally about zombies.

The show/books revolve around how people when placed in extreme situations react to them.
Do you try to hold onto whatever humanity you still can or delude yourself pretending that some normality can exist or lose all hope and give into despair or simply use the situation as an excuse to do terrible things?
This and the characters are what makes the show interesting .Otherwise you would have nothing more than Resident Evil 4.

Funkin'
11-29-2011, 02:06 AM
I beat her senseless.

Yeah they're kinda more trouble than they're worth, in my opinion. If it wasn't for their obvious use I wouldn't bother at all. And even that is sometimes too much trouble for me. Although I'm sure many girls feel the same about us guys. Needless to say though, I'll never get married. But I honestly admire the guys that do. They're better people than I'll ever be.

I have some friends that don't watch sports but are involved in fantasy leagues. I'm the other way around though, I have absolutely no idea how to get involved in them or even really what they are. But they seem to have a lot have fun with them and that's really all that matters. I really should give it a chance sometime, I'll more than likely enjoy it. But nowadays the farthest I go with sports besides watching/going is betting on them. Which just like most things in my life I'm not very good at.

By the way, I'm glad Idol and temisturk kissed and made up. You guys have no idea how hard all that fighting is on the rest of us.

temisturk
11-29-2011, 02:26 AM
I guess the girls you beat probably prepare your food for you. You might do well to think a bit more about the occasional odd tastes. Or reflect on the fact that not everything you'd rather not eat has an obvious taste.

mjmacky
11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
I guess the girls you beat probably prepare your food for you. You might do well to think a bit more about the occasional odd tastes. Or reflect on the fact that not everything you'd rather not eat has an obvious taste.

I can only speak for myself, but they're usually too crippled to handle pots, pans, carving boards, jar caps and the like. I can barely keep her standing long enough to make me a sandwich. I've even had to supervise to make sure she doesn't bump her head on the stove or fall down a flight of stairs when not spreading a sufficient amount of mayo.

IdolEyes787
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Off of Ain't It Cool News

Dear Eric,

Sure, I’ll confirm that storyline. Why not? Big caveat here though:

CraveOnline is much mistaken in saying this was for a “web series.” This was never meant as a web gimmick, this was intended for use in the actual TV series. I wanted to kick off the 2nd season with the flashback episode Sam describes, which would have followed a squad of Army Rangers getting trapped in the city and trying to survive as Atlanta falls. 

The idea was to do this with a very focused “you are there” documentary feel. Not going all shaky-cam, but still making it a bit rawer and grainier than the rest of the show. We’d start with a squad of maybe seven or eight soldiers being dropped into the city by chopper. They have map coordinates they need to get to; they’ve been told to report to a certain place to provide reinforcement. It’s not a special mission, it’s basically a housekeeping measure putting more boots on the ground to reinforce key intersections and installations throughout the city. And we follow this group from the moment the copter sets them down. All they have to do is travel maybe a dozen blocks, a simple journey, but what starts as a no-brainer scenario goes from “the city is being secured” to “holy shit, we’ve lost control, the world is ending.” Our squad gets blocked at every turn and are soon just trying to survive. I wanted to do a really tense, character-driven ensemble story as communications break down, supply lines are lost, escape routes are cut off, morale falls apart, leadership unravels, mutinies heat up, etc. (Yes, this approach owes a spiritual debt to a number of great films, including Walter Hill’s Southern Comfort.)

Along the way, I thought we could briefly dovetail this story with a few established characters from the show. Not to overdo that, mind you, because it could get silly and too coincidental if you load too much into that idea. But I thought it would be great to veer off on a quick narrative detour that brushes our soldiers briefly up against some people we know. Picture our squad arriving at a manned barricade where some civilians are being held back from leaving the city on shoot-to-kill orders to stop the spread of contagion, it’s a panicked high-intensity scene, and in this crowd of desperate people we find Andrea and Amy. The barricade gunners panic, the civilians start to get mowed down by machine gun fire, and in this melee the girls get pulled to safety by some old guy they don’t even know. It’s Dale. He’s nobody to them, just some guy who saw the opportunity to do the right thing and reacted in the moment. This would have been perhaps a minute or two of the episode, just a cool detour like the various outposts the soldiers encounter in Saving Private Ryan, but we would have witnessed the moment that Dale meets Andrea and Amy, seen where that relationship began. I also felt it would be a great way to get Emma Bell back into the series for a moment, because she was so wonderful and we were all so sorry that her character died and she had to leave the show. (Of course if this “brush with established characters” idea didn’t work in the script stage, I’d have tossed it out. You try a lot of ideas like that as you go, see how they play. But I thought this one stood a pretty good chance of being engineered to work well.) 

So the story follows these soldiers through hell as the city falls apart and the squad implodes, with Sam’s soldier being the main character and the moral center of the group. He becomes the last survivor of the squad, and he finally gets to the map coordinates they’ve been trying to get to from the start: it’s the barricade at the Atlanta courthouse intersection from the pilot where Rick later finds the tank. The soldier is still alive when he gets there, but he’s been bitten. He’s accomplished his “simple” mission, but he’s gone through seven kinds of hell to do it (including being forced to frag his squad leader), and now he’s dying. And he crawls off into the tank just to get off the street and under cover. As his fever builds and the poor guy starts to hallucinate, he pulls his last grenade and considers ending his life. He sets the grenade down on that shelf for a moment to reflect on all the shit and misery that brought him to this sad end-point of his life, and to dredge up the courage to pull the pin...but before he can act, the fever burns him out and he dies. 

The kicker comes in the last moments of this episode:

After the soldier dies this squalid, lonely death...and after a quiet lapse of time...we do a shot-for-shot reprise from the first episode of the first season: Rick comes scrambling into the tank to escape the horde...blows that zombie soldier’s brains out...now Rick’s trapped...fade out...the end.

The notion was to take the “throwaway” tank zombie Rick encountered in the pilot, and tell that soldier’s story. Make him the star of his own movie, follow his journey, but don’t reveal who he is until the end. The idea being that every zombie has a story, every undead extra was once a human being with a life of his/her own...was, in a sense, the star of his own life’s movie. And we’ve followed this one particular guy and seen how his life ended; we witness his struggles, see his good intentions and his failures, and we experience his godawful death in this tank. That’s why I cast Sam as that tank zombie in the first place instead of just casting some extra. I had this story in mind while filming the pilot, and I knew I’d need a superb actor to play that soldier when the time came.

And then starting with Episode 202, we’d be back with Rick’s group and back in step with the flow of the established story from last season.

I always had in mind to throw in a “wild-card” episode every season, maybe as a season opener or closer. Just a separate story more in the feel of an anthology series, one that appears completely off the track of the regular series but actually does wind up tying in somehow by the fade-out. They did that sort of thing on LOST on occasion, and I really respected it. It always seemed like a bold choice that trusted the audience and rewarded their loyalty with a totally unexpected surprise episode every so often.

That’s it from me. I hope things are well on your end.

Best,

Frank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyjdBac6p4

More here for anyone who might care who seeing that it doesn't involve dubstep or encoding or generally acting like a spoiled 10 year old is likely no one.

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

mjmacky
01-09-2012, 12:39 AM
About the tl;dr segment you posted Idol, what was the general idea? Is it really worth a read, or would I just think, "oh OK", by the end?

IdolEyes787
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
About the tl;dr segment you posted Idol, what was the general idea? Is it really worth a read, or would I just think, "oh OK", by the end?

The general idea was to give anyone who cares(no one ) a glimpse into a great idea that might have been and maybe also some insight into the realities of Hollywood.

It's not about sex with minors so I'm guessing in your case probably not worth a read.

Anyway I will continue to try and generate some discussion about all things movie/TV until people stop pretending that they belong to torrent trackers for the content.

mjmacky
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
The general idea was to give anyone who cares(no one ) a glimpse into a great idea that might have been and maybe also some insight into the realities of Hollywood.

It's not about sex with minors so I'm guessing in your case probably not worth a read.

Anyway I will continue to try and generate some discussion about all things movie/TV until people stop pretending that they belong to torrent trackers for the content.

So what the Walking Dead could have been. The suspicion I had that allowed me to skip the read was the assumption of it containing info I already tend to know. I was asking on the behalf of everyone else, anyways I'm not in a location where I could comfortably masturbate right now.

Human_Being
01-10-2012, 04:25 AM
wibbibbilly wobbobboly moobooobboollyy chim chim cheroo

IdolEyes787
02-20-2012, 11:45 PM
The series is turning darker by the minute and if the rumours are right it's going to get pitch black very soon.
Some would say that the show is only holding true to the spirit of the source material but personally I could stand a little ray of sun peaking through occasionally even if the whole "end of World" thing makes that light not very plausible.

chalice
02-21-2012, 12:44 AM
The series is turning darker by the minute and if the rumours are right it's going to get pitch black very soon.
Some would say that the show is only holding true to the spirit of the source material but personally I could stand a little ray of sun peaking through occasionally even if the whole "end of World" thing makes that light not very plausible.

In the source material Shane was killed early in. This has striven radically from the source. It's too much triangle and not enough zombies. The writers tried to float the idea of a wider scenario, encompassing multiple pockets of humanity, breaching the premise, but it got binned for love amongst the corpses.

Wank to the max.

IdolEyes787
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM

In the source material Shane was killed early in. This has striven radically from the source. It's too much triangle and not enough zombies. The writers tried to float the idea of a wider scenario, encompassing multiple pockets of humanity, breaching the premise, but it got binned for love amongst the corpses.

Wank to the max.

In the comics/graphic novels Shane was killed by Carl basically as a device to establish the depth of his(Carl's) psychosis .In the series ,except for Sophia's death/zombification, which didn't happen in the books,everything is tempered for TV.Carl being a child , is not a full-blown psycho but merely becoming "hardened" by the extremity of his environment.

Also I agree that the show has missed most opportunities to be about the larger (and more interesting) issues and settled safely into a sporadically annoying soap opera. Which is really incredibly stupid on the producer's part since there are soap opera fans and there are zombie fans and clearly ne'er the twain shall meet.:mellow:

Major potentialI hear that Shane's death is even going to be a cop out and this planned murder by Rick turns into a bit of heroic redemption at the end.Further deviating from the books they apparently kill off Dale so negating forever the chance of the uncomfortable old/young relationship he has with Andrea.They are going for faux edging by killing off major characters whereas the true edginess would come from not killing them but making them do something most in the audience would find to be very uncomfortable

IdolEyes787
02-27-2012, 01:01 PM
18 Miles Out. Great title. Bored me to death. I don't know how anyone can make a lone person struggling for their life trapped in a bus surrounded by zombies unexciting but they managed it.
Also if the "rescue" basically just involved going out the back door then why couldn't Shane simply have done that earlier?

Frankthetank1
02-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Show got a little better.. They need to find an armoury and show more blood, guts, & brains. Maybe get a chick with big titties on there too.

IdolEyes787
02-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Show got a little better.. They need to find an armoury and show more blood, guts, & brains. Maybe get a chick with big titties on there too.

So basically just set your daydreams to film then.

Anyway a big problem with the show this season is that it lacks much/any forward momentum.Weeks of ominous portending followed by a cliffhanger to hook the suckers into the next cycle does not a good show make.
Another thing about the last episode(18 Miles Out) is that (for me) the action seemed to lack any immediacy.The continual cutting back to the farm certainly didn't help( even though I could see what they where attempting to juxtapose here) but the zombie attack at the school really needed to be more "in your face'.

kjac3585
03-02-2012, 01:08 AM
the season started off slow and pretty boring...its def getting better. though many characters get on my nerves

BitMan55
03-02-2012, 03:02 AM
i don't know Why i don't like it ?!!

i'll try to see it after many posts thank with it

djjj99
03-03-2012, 06:20 AM

I've got a lot of stuff to get watching!

IdolEyes787
03-03-2012, 12:46 PM

I've got a lot of stuff to get watching!

Go tell someone who might actually care and next time you post please consider actually saying something.

IdolEyes787
03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Well in the end Dale sure showed everyone that he had guts.

mjmacky
03-06-2012, 02:21 AM

I think you just spoiled the fact that Dale dies in this next episode that I haven't watched yet.

Again, I made the mistake of popping into a TV show thread without realizing a new episode has aired.

IdolEyes787
03-06-2012, 12:40 PM

I think you just spoiled the fact that Dale dies in this next episode that I haven't watched yet.

Again, I made the mistake of popping into a TV show thread without realizing a new episode has aired.

I'm glad that I could be of some small service.

mjmacky
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Looks like it is Carl that puts out Shane's last spark of life in the end.

IdolEyes787
03-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Looks like it is Carl that puts out Shane's last spark of life in the end.

So is the Black guy a zombie? I mean he doesn't seem to do anything anymore except hang around and occasionally eat someonething.

Also everyone is "infected" but if you don't get a more concentrated "dose"(ie being bite) the virus lies dormant until you dies deaded.

And I found out via The Talking Dead that the woman who plays Maggie speaks with an British accent in real life (This after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1yyL99TZ8 also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYmrg3owTRE not to mention http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=2M7xY3ZVcDM&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7xY3ZVcDM&feature=related) . My next question is is there anyone left in the entertainment industry who doesn't? :unsure:

Furthermore

Season finale totally spoiled so if you decide to read this don't say I didn't warn you.

Episode 13 Beside the Dying Fire

Shot opens in Atlanta: a group of walkers are feasting on what looks like Rick's horse, or what's left of it, when they're startled by the sound of a helicopter flying overhead. The horde migrates over several days, weeks, a great distance, and eventually comes to a fence. The fence bows and breaks under the relentless forward motion of the walkers; the herd presses on. Wandering aimlessly in the forest, the walkers turn as a gunshot goes off like a beacon, leading them to dinner. Soon they are closing in on Rick and Carl, as they leave the scene of Shane's murder.

Daryl and Glenn arrive back at the farmhouse. They explain that they heard a gunshot, and share their confounding findings about Randall.

As they walk back to the house, Carl asks Rick about what happened to Shane exactly. Soon after, they notice the walkers bearing down on them, and it's not long before they are overtaken and have to make a run for the barn. Back at the house, the rest of the survivors are just figuring out that Carl is missing and walkers are approaching. Lori is panicking. Herschel passes out the guns.

The horde is making quick work of the barn. Rick dumps gasoline everywhere, busts open the door to lure the zombies inside, and climbs up to the loft with Carl. Carl drops a lighter into the gasoline-soaked hay, igniting everything in sight. Meanwhile, the men and Andrea shoot from their cars in a futile attempt to corral the herd and buy time.

Finally, Daryl figures out that Rick and Carl must be in the barn, and instructs Jimmy to drive the RV to the barn to rescue them. Rick and Carl manage to barely escape, while Jimmy is devoured inside the RV. Blood is everywhere, coating the windshield.

The survivors are starting to run out of ammo. The horde is too large. The women hold hands and make a run for it as Herschel makes a last stand for the farmhouse. They are just about clear when Patricia is attacked from the side and is devoured while Beth is still holding onto her.

Carol is headed off by a few walkers and backed into a corner with nothing but a plank of wood to defend herself. Andrea saves her but is attacked from behind and gets pinned under a walker. T-dog pulls his car around, but quickly has to leave the scene with Beth and Lori before the car is overtaken.

Glenn tells Maggie that the farm is lost; they have to get off the farm, now. Herschel comes to the same realization, almost too late, as a walker sneaks up from behind. Rick saves Herschel and they along with Carl head out in their own direction. Daryl finds Carol about to collapse from running, and they speed off together on Daryl's motorcycle. Andrea is abandoned. The barn collapses into the flames. And we're not even halfway done.

The group is now scattered. Glenn and Maggie switch places in the car as Maggie breaks down and can't continue driving. Glenn says they need to make their way to the highway, but Maggie protests that the herd came from that direction. Glenn finally tells Maggie that he loves her.

Rick, Carl, and Herschel arrive at the highway, where they left the care package for Sophia, hoping that the others will think to rendevouz here. Herschel is ready to part ways, but Rick wants to stick together.

Lori and T-Dog argue over where to drive. T-Dog wants to head to the coast, but Lori threatens to jump out of the car if he doesn't turn around and go back to the highway.

A walker appears on the highway. Rick is about to give up on waiting any longer, but… in the nick of time, the other survivors arrive. Time for a head count:
Shane - dead
Andrea - missing
Patricia - taken by the walkers
Jimmy - splattered all over the RV

Meanwhile, Andrea is running for her life in the woods, but the walkers pursue her tirelessly. She can't keep this up for long. Walkers are emerging from the trees in random directions as Andrea shoots to clear a path.

The survivors leave the highway, pushing onward, but soon run out of gas. Several people start to panic and are on the verge of giving up. Rick tries to pull everyone together. The conversation turns to Randall and Shane. Rick has to come clean. Jenner's secret is that everyone is a carrier of the infection. The group is not happy that Rick has kept this from them.

Lori and Rick talk privately. Rick tells her what went down with Shane, and confesses that it wasn't just self-defense… he wanted Shane dead, he was tired of Shane dogging him and acting like Rick stole Lori and Carl from him. Lori freaks out when she finds out Carl's role in Shane's death and withdraws from Rick, refusing to let him touch her.

Andrea is exhausted. This is the end of the line. She can't carry her gun-bag any longer, her pistol is out of ammo-- she bashes in a walker's head with it-- now she's down to knives, another walker practically on top of her… enter Michonne to save Andrea at the last minute, towing two armless walkers in chains, samurai sword in hand.

The rest of the survivors set up camp in the middle of nowhere. They may have found each other again amid the chaos, but the group is still broken. Many are ready to run off into the dark and leave Rick behind, fend for themselves. They are on the verge of splitting up again, when Rick takes back control... he says they're not going anywhere; he killed his best friend for them. This isn't a democracy anymore.

The camera pans up… in the distance looms a prison facility.

End of Season 2

CyberCitizen
03-15-2012, 03:37 AM
IdolEyes787,

Where did you get that from?

IdolEyes787
03-15-2012, 12:01 PM
IdolEyes787,

Where did you get that from?It was on my computer screen so I'm guessing the internet.

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I love the show. Did the season finale already air? Did I miss it?

IdolEyes787
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I love the show. Did the season finale already air? Did I miss it?

Please God let a zombie horde burst through my door and eat me now.

Funkin'
03-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Excellent finale.

Hooded stranger with armless zombies chained to her, very cool.

I'm not sure if I knew this or not but this show is also a comic. I'll definitely have to go those an illegal download.

mjmacky
03-19-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure if I knew this or not but this show is also a comic. I'll definitely have to go those an illegal download.

Durr Funkin' the comparison between the show and the comic has been a subject of many of the posts in this thread. Could you give your forehead a little love tap?

IdolEyes787
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Excellent finale.

Hooded stranger with armless zombies chained to her, very cool.

I actually downloaded the April Playboy because it advertised that they had Michonne's origin story in it.God Playboy sucks even worse than I remember. :mellow:
Also it proved not to be so much a "story" as a bunch of pictures with an explanation.
I feel used but not in a good way.

Funkin'
03-19-2012, 07:07 PM
I actually downloaded the April Playboy because it advertised that they had Michonne's origin story in it.God Playboy sucks even worse than I remember. :mellow:
Also it proved not to be so much a "story" as a bunch of pictures with an explanation.
I feel used but not in a good way.

I actually just got done illegally downloading the first 12 issues of the comic. Read through the first four. And the tv show literally copies the comic step by step. So I'm going to continue reading. Fuck waiting to watch season 3. I'll just read it.

Oh and by the way, your sis...

IdolEyes787
03-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Supposedly returns Oct 25th which would move the show from Sunday to Thursday.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I can identify with these people ,being surrounded as they are by largely mute , mindless, predatory zombies.

CyberCitizen
03-22-2012, 05:47 AM
I had to laugh at that response IdolEyes

mjmacky
03-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Holy awesome hell fuck yeah Michonne moment from finale

comic version

mjmacky
03-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Anyways, thoughts? Daryl will be Tyreese with milk?

IdolEyes787
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Holy awesome hell fuck yeah Michonne moment from finale

comic version

MS Paint version

IdolEyes787
03-22-2012, 11:15 AM

You know all those times that you didn't have any idea what I was talking about? Well the chickens have come home to roost.

Other than that I feel that the zombies are racist and possibly pedophiles as they only seem to eat the white people and children.

mjmacky
03-22-2012, 08:34 PM

You know all those times that you didn't have any idea what I was talking about? Well the chickens have come home to roost.

Other than that I feel that the zombies are racist and possibly pedophiles as they only seem to eat the white people and children.

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that I think, black people are harder to see at night and probably smell like dead meat to begin with.

chalice
03-22-2012, 08:49 PM
As a noble retort against all this filesharing rapism, Michonne's first appearance in the comics has been made available for free download. A copy of the comic just sold on ebay for $250. Nothing to do with the massive surge of interest in the character, of course. Nothing to do with the origin being printed in fucking Playboi, of all fucking places. Nothing to do with opportunistic exploitation.

http://www.comixology.com/The-Walking-Dead-19/digital-comic/FEB051603

hjsq
03-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Just sow pilot, looks good. I willl watch it when will have more time.

IdolEyes787
03-24-2012, 12:24 AM

I hate sneaks just so you know where we stand.

mjmacky
03-24-2012, 06:03 AM

I hate sneaks just so you know where we stand.

Sneaks? This guy is trying to grow jet flyers like they're plants. He's a mad scientist.

IdolEyes787
03-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Sneaks? This guy is trying to grow jet flyers like they're plants. He's a mad scientist.

It's a long and boring story involving among other things me having nothing to do on a Friday night, him being a cunt and a voracious horde of zombies.

Artemis
03-24-2012, 04:29 PM

It's a long and boring story involving among other things me having nothing to do on a Friday night, him being a cunt and a voracious horde of zombies.

Actually if the zombies found his particular brand of cunt appetising some of your problems would be solved, but by a cruel twist of fate it ain't going to happen. :sad1:

IdolEyes787
03-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Fate's cruel like that. Really somewhere along the line someone should have punched Fate square in the face and taught it better manners.

No if you read carefully I think what he is really saying is that he finds men in uniform very attractive an would like to impregnate them.

blackpirate
03-26-2012, 02:20 PM
This is the best serie i never seen in my life :p

So Woow

CyberCitizen
03-27-2012, 04:40 AM
@Funkin,

Got A Link To Share?

IdolEyes787
03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
@Funkin,

Got A Link To Share?

He's unavailable right now as he off searching for dirty panties or drugs or old videogames or something but every issue is on Demonoid or I suspect any big ddl site.

mjmacky
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Fate's cruel like that. Really somewhere along the line someone should have punched Fate square in the face and taught it better manners.

No if you read carefully I think what he is really saying is that he finds men in uniform very attractive an would like to impregnate them.

He just could no longer be confined to the small space outside the back window that is both concealing and providing a clear line of sight.

speedcardi
03-28-2012, 05:38 PM
who is the guy with the hat and two zombies?

IdolEyes787
03-28-2012, 06:08 PM

My tard sense is tingling.

CyberCitizen
03-29-2012, 05:03 AM
Agreed.

I also found a NZB file for the comics so was able to download them all. Thanks.

Posted the NZB for everyone in case they are interested. So far they have been a good read.
http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/misc/misc/75457-The-Walking-Dead-Graphic-Novels

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 05:44 AM

Charlie Chaplin, Christian Bale and Kristen Stewart.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Agreed.

hi guys i have few invites for TL REVTT WHAT.CD BITVAULT and searching for BTN TVT HDBITS WAFFLES

i trade only for this!!!

if interested send pm

This gets so predictable that the staff should considering giving immediate access to the Trade Forum to every illiterate spastic that joins here and save the rest of us the grief of having to wade through their forced, uninterested spam in the other sections.

Charlie Chaplin, Christian Bale and Kristen Stewart.

Christian Bale isn't a zombie ,he's a psycho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auwpvAU2YA

Also what kind of idiot buys into the stupidity of calling Joe McGinty Nichol, a middle-aged white man from Kalamazoo, McG?

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Christian Bale isn't a zombie ,he's a psycho.

The weird thing is that clip is the only time you could ever convince me that he was completely submersed in a character role.

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Someone please respond to this thread.
I am currently trapped on the roof of a small Mom and Pop grocery store that is surrounded by a horde of the Living Dead.I am out of rifle bullets and I only have three left in my revolver ,one of which I am saving for myself if things turn out....... badly.
Even now I hear the soulless fiends tearing at the boards used to secure this last,tenuous refuge . More than that the light is beginning to fade and I don't know if either my courage or sanity will be able to last through yet another night.

mjmacky
04-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Let one take a small bite out of your forearm, allow yourself to slowly die from the subsequent infection and fever, duct tape sharp utensils/weapons to the entirety of your body, duct tape the cocked revolver to your hand, construct cumbersome body armor that protects your neck and limbs from being sever points, make your escape while you're near death, become lone zombie hunter and really freak out a survivor. It's the only way to go.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Let one take a small bite out of your forearm, allow yourself to slowly die from the subsequent infection and fever, duct tape sharp utensils/weapons to the entirety of your body, duct tape the cocked revolver to your hand, construct cumbersome body armor that protects your neck and limbs from being sever points, make your escape while you're near death, become lone zombie hunter and really freak out a survivor. It's the only way to go.

That only works with those sexy vampires.Once bitten by a zombie your only hope is to meet someone that triggers memories of your humanity. You will remain a zombie but gain back a bit of conscious thought.
Geez I guess it's clear who won't be surviving when the monsters take over.:mellow:

mjmacky
04-03-2012, 04:59 AM
It's called planning, I never intended to be a survivor indefinitely, I'm willing to invest in a laugh.

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 11:23 AM
It's called planning, I never intended to be a survivor indefinitely, I'm willing to invest in a laugh.
Easy to be glib in the clear light of a beautiful morning but I'm guessing when the apocalypse comes you will be that guy who locks his friends in with the monsters to buy a little time for his escape.

mjmacky
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Easy to be glib in the clear light of a beautiful morning but I'm guessing when the apocalypse comes you will be that guy who locks his friends in with the monsters to buy a little time for his escape.

Escape? Why would I actively do something that would cause me to miss the show?

CyberCitizen
04-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Your Right About The Show Being Racist.

Also Love These Images

IdolEyes787
04-06-2012, 11:13 PM

mjmacky
04-07-2012, 07:05 AM

That is fucking hilarious.

IdolEyes787
04-08-2012, 12:44 AM

mjmacky
04-08-2012, 05:58 AM
^^^ Trying to bait someone into exclaiming, "wrong thread!"?

IdolEyes787
04-08-2012, 12:07 PM

CyberCitizen
04-12-2012, 06:40 AM

CyberCitizen
04-12-2012, 06:42 AM
This Was To Perfect Not To Post.

mjmacky
04-12-2012, 07:39 AM
This Was To Perfect Not To Post.

Oh fuck me actually that's where I know him from!

mjmacky
04-13-2012, 12:50 AM

CyberCitizen
04-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Oh fuck me actually that's where I know him from!
Don't Worry You Weren't The Only One That Didn't Pick It, But When I Say That Pic I Laughed.

CyberCitizen
04-13-2012, 04:58 AM

They Have Had Some More Reviews Since Then :P

IdolEyes787
05-03-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/page1

CyberCitizen
05-04-2012, 06:12 AM
It looks good, been keeping an eye on it & when I get some more quota I will be downloading it & checking it out.

IdolEyes787
05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
It looks good, been keeping an eye on it & when I get some more quota I will be downloading it & checking it out.

Supposedly there are going to be six? short "episodes" and how you decide to act in one will effect all following and your ultimate fate.

CyberCitizen
05-05-2012, 10:29 AM
That's Good Game Planning, Reminds Me Of Those Old Choose Your Own Books Where If You Do One Thing You Go To A Certain Page Etc.

Few More Days And They I Will Be Downloading It. I Also Like That Steam Are Only Charging $30 For All Of The Episodes.

mjmacky
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM
That's Good Game Planning, Reminds Me Of Those Old Choose Your Own Books Where If You Do One Thing You Go To A Certain Page Etc.

Few More Days And They I Will Be Downloading It. I Also Like That Steam Are Only Charging $30 For All Of The Episodes.

Do You Do Publishing Work For Article Title Formatting And Such? Are You Married To That Job Or Something? That Has Got To Rip Off A Lot Of Your Time While Typing.

CyberCitizen
05-06-2012, 03:52 PM
It Actually Came From A Data Entry Role With Names And Addresses (These Are Usually In Title Case, So When Typing Quick I Tend To Type Like This).

I can type just as quick either way.

IdolEyes787
07-14-2012, 01:03 PM
My most fervent wish is that something like this comes to pass and most of you are eaten by zombies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JB8prormWU

manker
07-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Despite the seamless timeline, all the guys' hair has grown a fucking lot.
Apart from that, it looks fantastic.

Only 13 weeks to go >_<

clocker
07-14-2012, 01:35 PM
My most fervent wish is that something like this comes to pass and most of you are eaten by zombies.

Except zombies don't really eat people, do they?
If they did, there wouldn't be any zombies.

Of all the zombie material I've read/seen so far only two make any sense...World War Z was an excellent overview of the effects of a pandemic (zombies) on all aspects of society and the Newsflesh trilogy actually has reasonably coherent explanation of the medical origins and repercussions of a zombie outbreak.
As for movies, I don't think anything will ever top Romero's original Night of the Living Dead (which I saw during it's original release).
Placed in context, few movies have been as horrifying (Alien would be comparable) and none as bleak.

Basically, I don't get all the zombie love lately.

manker
07-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I reckon it's the ultra violence.

clocker
07-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Possible, I suppose.
But really, how "ultra" can the violence be when the opponent is slow and stupid?

mjmacky
07-14-2012, 02:41 PM

It's not just zombie love, it's the apocalypse scenario. An end to all things that preoccupy us in our modern lifestyles and a pining to find ourselves forced to live in our fantasized primal roots. Something like that I believe. We don't seem to know what else to do about our regrets of advancing technology.

manker
07-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Possible, I suppose.
But really, how "ultra" can the violence be when the opponent is slow and stupid?Ultra may have been the wrong word.
But the slowness may be the point. People watch vicariously and totally see themselves putting an axe through the head of a slow and stupid adversary as opposed to a skilled ninja or a heavily armed foe that you get with other entertainment genres.

Zombie literature has an undeniable visceral appeal.

clocker
07-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Zombie literature has an undeniable visceral appeal.
Viscera would be the crux of the appeal, I should think.

IdolEyes787
07-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Did someone mention viscera?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8lMmRe6Z44

Except zombies don't really eat people, do they?
If they did, there wouldn't be any zombies.

Of all the zombie material I've read/seen so far only two make any sense...World War Z was an excellent overview of the effects of a pandemic (zombies) on all aspects of society and the Newsflesh trilogy actually has reasonably coherent explanation of the medical origins and repercussions of a zombie outbreak.
As for movies, I don't think anything will ever top Romero's original Night of the Living Dead (which I saw during it's original release).
Placed in context, few movies have been as horrifying (Alien would be comparable) and none as bleak.

They just aired a black and white version of the premiere episode of The Walking Dead and for some reason b&w and zombies go together like summer days and cold beer.

Also to quote Rocky,let me tell you something that you probably already know,World War Z comes out in about a year starring no less than Brad Pitt.

Then there's Warm Bodies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/) which has a good director and interesting cast.

I actually read the book which although certainly has a unique premise ,doesn't really have a lot of places to go.

clocker
07-14-2012, 11:44 PM
World War Z comes out in about a year starring no less than Brad Pitt.

Apparently there are problems, they're reshooting now, reports vary on how much is getting jettisoned.
Doesn't bode well though.

Getting Warm Bodies now (actually, got it already).

CyberCitizen
07-16-2012, 08:31 AM
They just aired a black and white version of the premiere episode of The Walking Dead and for some reason b&w and zombies go together like summer days and cold beer.
Is this anywhere for download?

IdolEyes787
07-16-2012, 04:19 PM
How would I know?

Busyman
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Is this anywhere for download?

Download the pilot of Walking Dead and turn off the color on your TV when watching it.

You're welcome.

IdolEyes787
07-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxg27QsaIEY

I watched season 1 when AMC repeated it recently and this trailer hints at what made me like that season far more than I did 2 or 3.

mjmacky
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxg27QsaIEY

I watched season 1 when AMC repeated it recently and this trailer hints at what made me like that season far more than I did 2 or 3.

It's a little early to be getting anyone excited over this, you cocksucker.

IdolEyes787
07-24-2013, 05:59 PM
You seem to have me confused with someone whose job is to keep you happy.

mjmacky
07-25-2013, 02:08 PM
You seem to have me confused with someone whose job is to keep you happy.

No, I was just in the mood to call you a cock sucker, you ball tickler.

IdolEyes787
07-25-2013, 05:36 PM
You're very disrespectful,me being like former staff and practically OleG's best friend and all.

I really wish that FST had an IRC channel so I could go on there and ban you while at the same time making myself look like a total idiot right about now.

mjmacky
07-25-2013, 09:23 PM
You're very disrespectful,me being like former staff and practically OleG's best friend and all.

I really wish that FST had an IRC channel so I could go on there and ban you while at the same time making myself look like a total idiot right about now.

Your current nemeses just weren't cutting the mustard. It was getting a little too painful to bear, scrotum scratcher.

IdolEyes787
07-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Your current nemeses just weren't cutting the mustard. It was getting a little too painful to bear, scrotum scratcher.

I don't have any nemeses ,I have banes.

mjmacky
07-26-2013, 06:45 AM

I could have assumed you'd sport such a hairstyle, ass assassin.

megabyteme
07-26-2013, 06:53 AM

:lol:

IdolEyes787
07-26-2013, 11:56 AM

The MMA training seems to be going well as you are noticeably more douchey lately.:)

Also seriously,you are real lucky that you don't live 20 minutes from Canada right now.:angry:

Mainly because you'd be in Detroit.:)

mjmacky
07-27-2013, 01:01 AM
The MMA training seems to be going well as you are noticeably more douchey lately.:)

You kept rejecting my advances, and I recently found out it was you and not me. My douchiness approaches on the cusp of being completely broke. Give me money, dandy daddy.

IdolEyes787
07-27-2013, 01:38 AM
I'll give you 20 bucks if you promise to shut the fuck up.

megabyteme
07-27-2013, 05:41 AM
I think you owe him $20. :idunno:

mjmacky
07-30-2013, 09:22 AM
I'll give you 20 bucks if you promise to shut the fuck up.

If you ever gave me money, do you think you'd ever hear the end of it? If it wasn't me yapping, the voice of reason would drive you up the wall.

IdolEyes787
09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Season 5 starts October 12th so in honour of my impending disappointment......

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3314813/meet-characters-walking-dead-spinoff-tv/

Need less teen angst ,more badass badassery.

IdolEyes787
10-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Seriously you are all queers but I digress.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/13/media/walking-dead-ratings/

Not mentioned but also of note is TWD had almost double the number of 18-49 viewers than the second place,Big Bang Theory.

That's a whole lot of power.Hopefully they will use some of that clout to actually employ writers.

Skiz
10-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Thankfully, it appears that they won't have yet another season of waging a useless war against some little town or group. When Rick said he wanted to back and kill them all I was just about ready to be done with the show. But when they decided to move on I was as happy as I could be for the show and future plot. I would so much rather see them as nomads and experiencing different situations each week or even every couple of shows than these boring seasons of sitting in one place and using infinite amounts of ammo and even tanks. :dabs:

I think I might even like to see them change writers every season to freshen things up and keep new ideas moving.

IdolEyes787
10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
While I agree it would be more interesting to see what's actually happening to other people/other parts of the country,the story is somewhat hamstrung by having to follow, if only loosely,the plot of the comics.

Then there's the "reality" of the situation(yeah I know)where basically any human in that predicament would look for some home base that was defensible instead of constantly putting themselves at risk.

Now for the really bad news,there is a thing in literature called Chekhov's gun where you don't introduce something unless you intend to use it.
If Rick's group was all well and done with the Gareth and Termites then Rick wouldn't have specifically made mention of killing Gareth the machete with the red handle g and the show wouldn't have bypassed the opportunity of having Gareth suffering a gory onscreen death.

Skiz
10-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Now for the really bad news,there is a thing in literature called Chekhov's gun where you don't introduce something unless you intend to use it.
If Rick's group was all well and done with the Gareth and Termites then Rick wouldn't have specifically made mention of killing Gareth the machete with the red handle g and the show wouldn't have bypassed the opportunity of having Gareth suffering a gory onscreen death.

Agreed. Maybe I just have my head in the sand trying not to see the inevitable. Also, why would they have ever been caught, captured, etc. if the writers weren't ever going to go anywhere with that plot-line? I agree that it'll prob circle back around to that group in some way. They even made the point to look back at the building with Rick and see the main bad guy standing on the roof.

Stehle
10-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Great Episode Nonetheless! :)

("Z Nation" on the Scifi Chanel offers comic relief dealing with the Zombie Apocalypse... something different and has a banal script .) :alien:

coldtart
10-17-2014, 01:36 AM
What will happen next? I can't wait for the next episode!

IdolEyes787
10-17-2014, 12:26 PM
What will happen next? I can't wait for the next episode!

Rick's all "Arrrgggh" between breaking down and calling "Carel" and then Daryl is like "Sup,motherfuckers" and then some zombies show up.

Camel
10-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Looks like AMC is working on a spin off for Walking Dead supposedly in another part of the country or world (unknown for sure). Just heard about it.

[URL="http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article2948552.html"[/URL]

IdolEyes787
10-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Looks like AMC is working on a spin off for Walking Dead supposedly in another part of the country or world (unknown for sure). Just heard about it.

Season 5 starts October 12th so in honour of my impending disappointment......

[URL]http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3314813/meet-characters-walking-dead-spinoff-tv/ ("http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article2948552.html"[/URL)

Need less teen angst ,more badass badassery.

It's always so gratifying when people take the time to actually read what other people have posted on the same page no less.

Anyway if Skiz you are out there seems that TWD is determined to adhere to every TV/movie trope there is. Unless you see someone die (guy in cabin) assume he isn't dead.Makes me fear for Tyreese..and Judith with that comment "If you don't kill me ,I'm going to kill you".

Also the next episode ain't for the faint of heart.

Wolfenstein
10-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Start was too cheesy but improved some after that in my view

What 2 weapons would folk have in WD situation?

One of mine would be a combine harvester

IdolEyes787
10-20-2014, 11:33 AM
What 2 weapons would folk have in WD situation?

I'm going with the obvious here so a wooden cross sharpened into a stake because I figure if there are zombies there has to be vampires and second would be the Batmobile.

Skiz
10-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Whoa...never even occurred to me in the first episode that they were cutting up bodies for that reason. :O

IdolEyes787
10-21-2014, 08:26 PM
So the fact that they corralled them instead of shooting them and then later bashed them over the head ,bled them and then hung them on meat hooks wasn't a good enough clue?

I'm still hoping for the speech from the comics where the head cannibal tells how they killed and ate the babies and children first because they were viewed as being the least "useful" to their group.

At FST that would be dion..

megabyteme
10-21-2014, 09:49 PM
Avoiding spoilers here, but restarted TWD via binge watching. Am finishing season 2. Have lots of catching up to do...

IdolEyes787
10-21-2014, 09:53 PM
In one of the series most shocking developments. in Season 3 Glen fathers a child with Carl.

Skiz
10-21-2014, 10:49 PM
So the fact that they corralled them instead of shooting them and then later bashed them over the head ,bled them and then hung them on meat hooks wasn't a good enough clue?

I thought they were doing experiments or something. :unsure:

Stehle
10-22-2014, 11:14 PM
I heard cannibalistic practices can lead to insanity because some virus in the raw human body that effects the brain. ...WTF That is insane! :blink:

(...it looks they're cooking it well done though.) <_<

piercerseth
10-24-2014, 05:29 AM
they're cooking it well done though.
Any self-respecting person takes their meat blue; rare if they must. You could tartare the shit when it's *that* fresh.

IdolEyes787
10-25-2014, 11:57 PM
On the next episode of The Walking Dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6BsMzc9mMs#t=199

megabyteme
10-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Jeesh, how about a spoiler tag. I'm not to season 5 yet. :no:

Skiz
10-28-2014, 06:22 AM
Jeesh, how about a spoiler tag. I'm not to season 5 yet. :no:

Why would we use spoiler tags in a thread about the show?

Wtf are you doing reading new posts if you arent caught up? :wacko:

megabyteme
10-28-2014, 11:13 AM
It was the "Bad Lip Reading" I was joking about. There really is nothing that can be gleaned from that clip, but some shows get so bad by their 4th season that they might as well be taking their creative direction from BLR. :P

I meant to telegraph that I wasn't being serious by the inclusion of the word 'jeesh'. Coming from Texas, maybe you just saw that as a typical way of beginning a sentence. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
10-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Giving up trying to explain the concept of humour to Skiz,megabyteme then went on to something easier and spent the afternoon describing to fish the joy of walking.

To be fair to Meg though,considering this is FST, I never consider anyone will ever actually read what I post.

Skiz
10-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Oh. Well, I havent even watched the video yet. Im usually at work taking a deuce if I'm posting here during the day so I cant really watch videos. :no:

IdolEyes787
10-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Yeah I comment about stuff without knowing what I'm talking about too. :)

Btw how about them footbowl players?Fantastic game on Sunday.I can't believe that team came back and scored that winning goal try.
Also when exactly did they start allowing Negroes in the league 'cause those guys are good.

I think my perfect team would be all Negroes except for the quarterback because that position requires some brains and I so think an Asian would be better suited there and obviously in light of the recent World Cup, a German kicker.

Yeah I subscribe to that Moneyball,play the odds theory.

Skiz
10-28-2014, 04:58 PM
They have an extra leg muscle, obviously.

megabyteme
10-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Blazing Saddles taught me that blacks can be in a position of power as long as the towns people are all really dumb.

Shit, I've just described the current state of America. :'(

IdolEyes787
10-28-2014, 06:22 PM
They have an extra leg muscle, obviously.

How come almost every great quarterback used to be from Pennsylvania and now they're from the South?

I have a theory that involves hockey and fried chicken and Southern women tending to look better but I'd like to have your views on the matter before saying something stupid.

Btw this all ties into upcoming episodes of The Walking Dead as at some point Rick grows bored of killing zombies and brooding and decides to start an Arena Football league.

Sorry for the spoilers Meg.*

*I lie.

megabyteme
10-30-2014, 09:14 PM
2 episodes until I am up-to-date on TWD.

RE: Terminus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Npo0cmp-VY

Season 5 is looking like it may be the best one yet.

1. Isn't Beth a little too old for Daryl?
2. Carol f'd up some Terminus. :w00t:
3. Boxcar-made weapons FTW!

IdolEyes787
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm.In my opinion,having seen most episodes at least twice,the show hasn't really been good since sometime around when the got to the Center for Disease Control in season 1 and almost totally lacking in drama since Shane died.

Something like this suffers from (inevitable) predictability where even the main character deaths seem to be merely ticking off the boxes.
Also the group is so "capable" now that increasingly ludicrous situations are necessary to give the merest hint of desperate circumstance.

That and don't kill Beth even though they/re going to.

megabyteme
10-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Yeah, maybe I got a little too excited with the gusto of the first episode. Watching the shows back-to-back gave it some decent pacing that I would not have had patience for on a weekly basis. Am now poised for this week's episode. I expect Beth will last through most of this season. Cute as a button! Actually thought her name was "Lew Temple" because she looks so much like Juno. Turns out Lew is a guy. :idunno:

Didn't care much for the Shane love triangle. Care even less for the crying baby in my zombie apocalypse. :dry::angry: If I wanted to listen to crying babies, I'd buy a movie ticket... Actually smiled when they showed the blood soaked infant seat. Died a little inside when they brought her back. :frusty:

The over-zealous militant guy and the internet geek pretending to be an uber-scientist arc isn't doing much for me, either.

Exploding propane tanks and human slaughterhouses- gimme more of that!

Stehle
10-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Meg, I haven't watched the last episode of TWD yet either... so without shedding spoilers (watching it tonight I think) with, "...have an extra leg muscle, obviously." ...are they eluding to dessert treats or Halloween snacks?

(...or should I just make some popcorn?) :alien:

megabyteme
10-31-2014, 09:08 AM
I'd avoid jerky, or rare steak, if I were you...

http://i.imgur.com/vtbI57V.jpg

Stehle
10-31-2014, 05:09 PM
INDEED!

(...and a promise is a promise...) :alien:

dion09529
11-17-2014, 09:02 PM
haha, lil Sophia became a zombie. really did not expect it.

sister
11-23-2014, 03:43 AM
Why oh why do they take long breaks in the middle of the season???

Alien5
11-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Because the knob who gets paid too much to produce that rubbish needs to pay a stranger with a half a brain to water down the next few average episodes he hasn't written yet into ten more real mediocre ones. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
11-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Why oh why do they take long breaks in the middle of the season???

In the past shows used to run seasons of 30 episodes but now mostly due to economics only 22-24.Also shows used to do the full run of episodes and then repeat most of them immediately thereafter so during the course of the year the series was basically never off.

On the other hand The Walking Dead season consists of only 16 episodes(up run 13 the first couple of seasons when the network was still uncertain of it's success) so you do the math.

sister
11-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm terrible at math. ;)

The answers from the locals:
"they don't want to compete with Sunday football"
- However this does not seem to be much of a problem for the show according to this:
http://deadline.com/2014/11/walking-dead-ratings-season-5-tops-sunday-night-football-1201272423/

"they have to give the writer time to write more episodes"
Which is kind of what Alien5 said. :lol:

However, in a behind the scenes segment, it was mentioned that they film May through November. Judging from that, they aren't going to be filming between December and February when they come back...

:idunno:

IdolEyes787
11-23-2014, 06:37 PM

As opposed to every other show that doesn't have a ready-made comic book story to go off of and yet produces more episodes,some even with good dialogue and compelling characters and does it in less time.
OK let's all believe that.:mellow:

Also I understand they shoot on location but we'e not talking Game of Thrones let's build a whole medieval country production values here.
More like "Hey.Mind if we use your abandoned church for a couple of days".

Skiz
11-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm terrible at math. ;)

The answers from the locals:
"they don't want to compete with Sunday football"
- However this does not seem to be much of a problem for the show according to this:
http://deadline.com/2014/11/walking-dead-ratings-season-5-tops-sunday-night-football-1201272423/

However, in a behind the scenes segment, it was mentioned that they film May through November. Judging from that, they aren't going to be filming between December and February when they come back...

:idunno:

I'm sick of seeing that link posted in various places week after week, because it is a problem for the show. It was the only time over the 12 week season (so far) that TWD has beat SNF. (link (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/24/nbcs-sunday-night-football-delivers-top-metered-market-overnight-household-ratings-since-october-19/331030/))

IdolEyes787
11-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Au contraire or "The funny thing about statistics is that people can twist them to support whichever viewpoint they wish to support".

http://deadline.com/2014/11/sunday-night-football-ratings-the-walking-dead-season-5-cowboys-giants-1201295111/

Next episode is the Fall finale vs Broncos/ Chiefs so any bets?

Skiz
11-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Oh FFS... stupid articles. :pinch:

megabyteme
12-05-2014, 08:26 AM
You bastards, you killed Beth! :sadwalk:

dion09529
12-05-2014, 06:11 PM
dammit, you've spoiled all. :slap: I'm at episode where Hershel lost his head.

megabyteme
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Don't click on [spoiler] if you aren't caught up with the show. :blink:

To keep up your interest, I won't reveal who sodomizes her.

dion09529
12-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks!

IdolEyes787
12-05-2014, 11:50 PM
You bastards, you killed Beth! :sadwalk:

I knew what was going to happen and I haven't had any desire to yet watch the episode. The storyline was created specifically so this could happen and as such wasn't integral to the overall plot and frankly absolutely no part of me could see how this would fall into the category of "entertainment" which strangely enough is why I tend to watch stuff.
It was put in simply to shock and grab rating and so basically, fuck off.

megabyteme
12-06-2014, 07:52 AM
I remember you saying that it was going to happen. When you watch the episode, she makes a statement, and then does [something] that gets her [something]. I have an idea why she does what she says/does, but I would like your analysis as to what she means.

With her gone, I don't know how interested I will be from here on out. They seem to have pushed themselves into hopelessness all the way around. With only a couple of characters I still find any care for. Killing her off was a bad move, IMO.

Michonne, Daryl, and Carol. In that order. The rest range from "don't care" to "feed that fucking baby to the nearest Walker".

IdolEyes787
12-06-2014, 02:06 PM
I remember you saying that it was going to happen. When you watch the episode, she makes a statement, and then does [something] that gets her [something]. I have an idea why she does what she says/does, but I would like your analysis as to what she means.

Read enough "day after" stuff to guess you're referring to the "I get it now" statement.

Thematically I would assume this is an extension of the series mantra that innocence and to some extent good(see Hershel/Dale and various minor characters) has no place in this world.Scenewise I think it was simply "nothing is going to change with you here" and not one of self sacrifice.

Anyway if a show ever yearned for a hero but steadfastly refuses to give you one it is this one.
Rick has long since fallen to mere "protagonist" and the default one of Daryl is as a character so one dimensional that I fairly sure he avoids enemies by turning sideways and disappearing.

On a somewhat related note the producer went into great detail on Rick statement of "You can't go back,Bob" echoing Gareth and how Rick realized this but in the moment also saw the truth in it.So now Rick's a similar monster.Oh peachy.:ermm:

megabyteme
12-06-2014, 06:03 PM
I seem to remember you reading the graphic novels. What direction, if any, do they take? Has the series ventured into uncharted, navigationless waters, or is there a plot somewhere ahead?

IdolEyes787
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
At the risk of sounding repetitive they find another seemingly perfect place ad everything seems to be going good until things go horribly wrong and a bunch of characters die.There is also another governor type only with none of his redeeming qualities.:ermm:

Being an actual scientifically proven psychic,I foretell a dropping in the ratings as the audience grows sick of the same old,same old.

Anyway I personally think the series works best when if varies location and gives some insight into stuff that is happening independent of the now sort of boring core group.They seem determined to stick to the stay in one boring place and alienate the fuck of me though.
They also seem unwilling to take certain characters like Coral into the truly dark territory that was the foundation of the comics and leave the truly vile stuff to the glorified red shirts.I think in movies/TV you need to better differentiate good and evil or else you run the risk of turning viewers off.
Again I 'd like to point out that it's entertainment and not real life and people look for something to root for,not puzzle over.

megabyteme
12-07-2014, 02:55 AM
I have no trouble with the dismal. Live with a head full of it. Don't mind troubled characters. However, this season has just become bleak and directionless. The series has done a decent job of exploring various zombie apocalypse scenarios. Unfortunately, lost at sea makes for a boring drama without continuous struggles- which only work for short movie-length features, and possibly not a long-run series.

Kill that fucking baby first. FFS!

Alien5
12-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Theres a myth amongst the zombies that a high performance human can outrun a zombie, they soon realize it was just a myth.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Don't mind troubled characters.

I see you didn't get my point.Dramatically it's essential that every hero be flawed or else everything is too obvious and boring*.The fact that they're flawed though doesn't negate they still need to be heroes.

Anyone that disagrees with this probably keeps snakes as pets.

*To illustrate: Skiz loves whatever ghey football team he loves but if he knew for a fact before the season started they were going to go undefeated, most if not all of the interest of watching would be taken away.
But then he'd also be rich from betting on them so I guess his new Chevy Silverado would be a OK trade-off.:)

megabyteme
12-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I get the need for flawed heroes. His personal "growth" is what makes Daryl one of the characters I have started to like. Rick, on the other hand, has fallen into the "aww fuck it" category. He's now got less depth than Daryl had early on. Carol stepped up recently, which was kinda cool at the beginning of the season when she laid waste to the slaughterhouse. Michonne has long accepted the fact that things are shit, and she's going to survive. As long as everyone there works towards that interest, she'll stay- get too much off-track, and she'll cut-n-run.

When I say "troubled", I mean that as in full-blown antihero, if necessary. I don't need your Lancelot with a troubled heart for Guinevere level of hero. Heck, even the Governor was interesting. Before the Scooby Gang came along and fucked it up, they had a pretty decent community going. Not too unlike the US under the second Bush's reign. Sure, a few eggs get broken, but the omelette tastes alright...

I digress. My point is that directionless isn't much of a cliffhanger hiatus point. Beth represented the good worth fighting for.

sister
12-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Oh pleeeease don't kill the baby! She's sooo adorable and she is part of the next generation who never knew what life was like before.

Alien5
12-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Soulds like an episode of south paek.