PDA

View Full Version : "pristine Copies Of Revolutions & Rotk Dl'd W/ Dsl

Roosh
11-04-2003, 07:50 AM
Does anyone here ever listen to the Howard Stern Show? :)

A topic of discussion today was yesterday's 60 Minutes segment on the ever growing pirating of movies (interviews w/ Fox chief, M. Night Shyamalan, Grokster chief, etc - the clip's on Suprnova right now).

A listener called in and said that she had already downloaded & watched The Matrix Revolutions and LOTR: Return of The King. Granted, they were copies from Asia w/ subtitles, but they were supposedly in great condition, and when asked how long it takes to d.l. 1 film, she said "around 15 min w/ DSL". :blink: Her p2p's of choice are "Grokster or Morpheus", both of which I've never tried, but they use the same technology/search engine database as Kazaa, correct?

So here's what I'd like cleared up:

#1) I've always read that if it isn't listed on VCDQuality, it don't exist. -> Where is she getting these?

#2) "around 15 min w/ DSL". :blink: Still can't fathom that one - I've got DSL & it still takes me up to a couple of days to download a movie with the fast clients, K-Lite & BT & seemingly takes years with eDonkey...

Please shed some light.

silent VI
11-04-2003, 07:53 AM
i think shes a lion :lol:

muchspl2
11-04-2003, 08:12 AM
don't believe ever thing you here :rolleyes:
the whole story is full of holes, 1. she got it i fifteen, I got a super fast connect even the fastest is around 45, so that BS
next she uses gorkser, it was on that show, and to my knowledge, is like fast track, 99% of the time is the last to get shit (news groups -> irc -> bittorrent -> fast track) so thats BS
and she has seen 2 movies that are highly guarded and anticipated so call BS on that also

BawA
11-04-2003, 08:13 AM
yep here in asia we get movie fast from CHINA, even iam confused how they get it so fast and there r in DVD saling for 20Dhs(UAE Dirhams) which is about 2 or 3 US$ for example the johhny english was released 2 month's before Releasing.

Man i Become angery when they get it before us :lol:

Edit:
About Matrix i think its BS

Roosh
11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
I believe you all. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't ridiculously out of the loop on filesharing :rolleyes: . True, Stern's is a wacky show, but the call wasn't a bit, it seemed fairly legit.

Anyway, muchspl2,
Which newsgroups typically get stuff first, alt.binaries.multimedia?

Kid1A
11-04-2003, 10:25 AM
thats the biggest pile of shit ive ever herd!

Roosh
11-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Which newsgroups typically get stuff first, alt.binaries.multimedia?

Memento
11-04-2003, 05:25 PM
u can get movies in around an hour on mirc tho, if u have a good connection, and of course, if the movie isnt too big in size, 15mins tho, and matrix rev, thats just silly talk :P

maybe the dumb cow got a matrix revolution trailer in 15mins :P :D

RedRival
11-04-2003, 05:28 PM
audiences of the howard stern show are intended for half-intelligent beings who really couldn't be bothered about what's really happening in the p2p world, so I'll have to say whoever made this 15min thing up is just complete BS.

mark845
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Roosh@4 November 2003 - 08:50

A topic of discussion today was yesterday's 60 Minutes segment on the ever growing pirating of movies (interviews w/ Fox chief, M. Night Shyamalan, Grokster chief, etc - the clip's on Suprnova right now).

A listener called in and said that she had already downloaded & watched The Matrix Revolutions and LOTR: Return of The King. Granted, they were copies from Asia w/ subtitles, but they were supposedly in great condition, and when asked how long it takes to d.l. 1 film, she said "around 15 min w/ DSL". :blink: Her p2p's of choice are "Grokster or Morpheus", both of which I've never tried, but they use the same technology/search engine database as Kazaa, correct?

#1) I've always read that if it isn't listed on VCDQuality, it don't exist. -> Where is she getting these?

#2) "around 15 min w/ DSL". :blink: Still can't fathom that one - I've got DSL & it still takes me up to a couple of days to download a movie with the fast clients, K-Lite & BT & seemingly takes years with eDonkey...

Please shed some light.
u dont call this woman Dory by any chance :lol: :lol: :lol:

abu_has_the_power
11-04-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Roosh@4 November 2003 - 07:50

Please shed some light.
it's true. china had revolutions and lotr3 a long time ago. ah, and we're still sitting here

Roosh
11-04-2003, 11:47 PM
To those here that are knowledgeable about newsgroups, again, I ask,
"Which newsgroups typically get stuff first, alt.binaries.multimedia?"

tarzan
11-05-2003, 01:27 AM
it's true. china had revolutions and lotr3 a long time ago. ah, and we're still sitting here

if this is so,I am curious why haven't bootlegs started filtering in on the European and American p2p networks?
online SARS quarintine?

shad0w
11-05-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Roosh@4 November 2003 - 08:50

Please shed some light.
SHEEEEE-AHT!!!

:rolleyes:

I can download a movie faster than that on my 44k dialup connection.

Roosh
11-05-2003, 04:57 AM
The additional insight with every reply is what brings me back over & over.

abu_has_the_power
11-05-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by tarzan@5 November 2003 - 01:27

if this is so,I am curious why haven't bootlegs started filtering in on the European and American p2p networks?
online SARS quarintine?
in china, i think, the gov has limits on internet usage or something. so ur basically not allowed to like upload or go beyond ur limits. so thats y all the new shit are only able to stay in china

DJ-KeTTLe
11-05-2003, 05:25 AM
johhny english was released 2 month's before Releasing.

it was released in australia before the rest of the world

DJ-KeTTLe
11-05-2003, 05:28 AM
so thats y all the new shit are only able to stay in china

whats stopin some one smuggleing it out gov cant stop everything

Jay
11-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by DJ-KeTTLe@5 November 2003 - 00:28

they cant stop everything its just easy for them to put a ban on internet usage

miffo
11-05-2003, 01:50 PM
There is a DSL connection-type-thingy that gets maximum dnl speed of about
25-26 MBit/s and an upl speed of 6 or so
if u have someone upl at 10-15 MBit/s its possible to dnl a movie in 10-30 mins

highly unlikely though

abu_has_the_power
11-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Jay+5 November 2003 - 05:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay @ 5 November 2003 - 05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DJ&#045;KeTTLe@5 November 2003 - 00:28

they cant stop everything its just easy for them to put a ban on internet usage [/b][/quote]
but, in china it self, or wat i heard from a friend, there are video stores, like registered video stores, that sell pirated everything. he got lotr the two towers dvd the day the movie came out here&#33;&#33; so they have revolutions and return of the king 4 sure

DJ-KeTTLe
11-05-2003, 02:51 PM
but, in china it self, or wat i heard from a friend, there are video stores, like registered video stores, that sell pirated everything. he got lotr the two towers dvd the day the movie came out here&#33;&#33; so they have revolutions and return of the king 4 sure

i have a friend who a friend who know a guy who went to the moon 3 times

i dont post much just usually sit back and read im sick of people with friends who have got movies that arn&#39;t out yet

i think any one who post about a movies thats not out yet but there friend has it the should be banned&#33;&#33;&#33;