PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to find this OLD movie? The Scarlet Coat (1955)

wharrislv
08-27-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm looking for something a little older, from 1955. It aired on TCM at one point, and you can see a link for it (along with some reviews from people who saw it when it aired) here : http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=2159

I'm wondering if any of you with some of those specialized old movie trackers could look this up for me and just let me know if it exists somewhere for download?

I've looked through all of my 10ish sites that carry that type of content, but haven't had luck. I tried DDL sites, but didn't find anything either.

I've tried what I can, anyone with something like KG got a tip for me on where to find it? I'm sure we can work something out to repay the favor!

bijoy
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
try ptn or cn.

Stabber
08-27-2010, 07:54 PM
I've tried a lot of sites and trackers but i found nothing

amirji
08-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll second that it's not available via internet from scene or a user release. This buddy will be found at a mom and pop video store or I would try big lots, or walmart, you know in the $3 dvd movie section, heck maybe even for a $1. :)

IdolEyes787
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm looking for something a little older, from 1955. It aired on TCM at one point, and you can see a link for it (along with some reviews from people who saw it when it aired) here : http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=2159

I'm wondering if any of you with some of those specialized old movie trackers could look this up for me and just let me know if it exists somewhere for download?

I've looked through all of my 10ish sites that carry that type of content, but haven't had luck. I tried DDL sites, but didn't find anything either.

I've tried what I can, anyone with something like KG got a tip for me on where to find it? I'm sure we can work something out to repay the favor!

It's on iloveclassics.com (open sign up) or as usual cinemageddon .

I'll second that it's not available via internet from scene or a user release. :frusty:

I would say that this again proves my point that hardly anyone on bt actually cares about the content but rather is more concerned about the site that they don't get it from from but I will resist the temptation to do so.

amirji
08-27-2010, 09:03 PM
It's on iloveclassics.com (open sign up) or as usual cinemageddon .

I'll second that it's not available via internet from scene or a user release. :frusty:

I would say that this again proves my point that hardly anyone on bt actually cares about the content but rather is more concerned about the site that they don't get it from from but I will resist the temptation to do so.

If I was a collector of bt sites, I'm sure I would have found it there. I am person very fond of graphic and design work when it comes to bt sites. I'm more about the talent that the site has in it rather then the content. Btw, it's clearly illegal to share or download this content to begin with, so if I was really looking for a movie I would go out and purchase it.

wharrislv, I stand correct, mr. here has found it for you, your in luck buddy. enjoy! Open signups too, hurry!! ;-)

wharrislv
08-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks IdolEyes. I checked the website, don't mind paying for it, but all they have is a vote to someday have it released on DVD. I'm pretty active in a few sites but they just didn't have it available. Your information was really helpful, and I definitely agree with your sentiment!!

To everyone else who looked, thank you for your time, even if you didn't find it you gave it a shot and that means a lot when you're doing it for a stranger. Thanks a bunch!

IdolEyes787
08-27-2010, 09:15 PM
If I was a movie buff and not an insufferable ass , I'm sure I would have found it there sadly though I am person very fond of graphic and design work when it comes to bt sites. I'm more about the talent that the site has in it rather then the content an idiot. Btw, it's clearly not illegal in Idol's homeland of Canada to share or download this content to begin with, so if I I was trying to be a smart ass but didn't know what I was really talking about I would go out and purchase it.

wharrislv, I stand correct, mr. here has found it for you, your in luck buddy. enjoy! Open signups too, hurry!! ;-)

Fixed. Now if I could only fix you.:mellow:
CG is also freeleech now hurry!!! ;-)

Quarterquack
08-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I am person very fond of graphic and design work when it comes to bt sites.

In the entire history of bittorrent there has been, what, one site that was designed to look professional*? Every other "bt project" might as well have been designed for a high school website competition.
You're looking in the wrong place for pleasant looking websites.

* - Actually, that's not a fair point. There are a couple out there right now that I would say have had someone put some thought into them. Fyber/Partis jump to mind immediately. Too bad one died a swift death, and the other isn't 1337.

senegal
08-27-2010, 09:24 PM

Watch here: http://www.videolala.com/watch-the-scarlet-coat-1955

amirji
08-28-2010, 05:05 AM
If I was a movie buff and not an insufferable ass , I'm sure I would have found it there sadly though I am person very fond of graphic and design work when it comes to bt sites. I'm more about the talent that the site has in it rather then the content an idiot. Btw, it's clearly not illegal in Idol's homeland of Canada to share or download this content to begin with, so if I I was trying to be a smart ass but didn't know what I was really talking about I would go out and purchase it.

Fixed. Now if I could only fix you.:mellow:
CG is also freeleech now hurry!!! ;-)

Thank you for explaining to all of us what a true idiot really is. One that quotes himself. :)~

I am person very fond of graphic and design work when it comes to bt sites.

In the entire history of bittorrent there has been, what, one site that was designed to look professional*? Every other "bt project" might as well have been designed for a high school website competition.
You're looking in the wrong place for pleasant looking websites.

* - Actually, that's not a fair point. There are a couple out there right now that I would say have had someone put some thought into them. Fyber/Partis jump to mind immediately. Too bad one died a swift death, and the other isn't 1337.

Until you have a leet a$$ bt site to show off, stop talking down on others. I see effort being put in, and the outcome is great. You must be a microsoft fan, you like sites that gay a$$ bill gates likes hunh? Those are elite to you aren't they? Thank you.

Oh wait, you do like a couple of bt sites... my bad. Welcome...

Time to close topic. We don't want to let idiots comment on how they like bt sites for the content do we now.. bleh.

A
08-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Time to close topic. We don't want to let idiots comment on how they like bt sites for the content do we now.. bleh.
That should be the icing on the cake of stupidity displayed by you all over the thread :)

Is cinemageddon down?Gives "Unable to connect" message.

Quarterquack
08-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Until you have a leet a$$ bt site to show off, stop talking down on others. I see effort being put in, and the outcome is great. You must be a microsoft fan, you like sites that gay a$$ bill gates likes hunh? Those are elite to you aren't they? Thank you.

Oh wait, you do like a couple of bt sites... my bad. Welcome...

Running BT sites is for the birds. You're welcome to PM me for other sites I own, though. For the record, Microsoft owns a website that has ten times the quality of any I've seen in the torrenting world. You're welcome to not "stop talking down on [them]", though.

th0r
08-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I am person very fond of graphic and design work when it comes to bt sites.i don't mean to go off topic here, but your post made me chuckle. i'm fond of good web/user experience design, too, but if you've been around the private bittorrent tracker scene as long as i have (pre-2004), then you must be very fond of a lot of polished turds

IdolEyes787
08-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Thank you for explaining to all of us what a true idiot really is. One that quotes himself. :)~ If that is in fact the definition and although I may well be an idiot ,I fail to see where I did it. :unsure:

Isn't that really up to the OP and the staff here to decide? :unsure:

i don't mean to go off topic here I think that ship has long sailed.:unsure:

McArty
08-28-2010, 12:15 PM
That should be the icing on the cake of stupidity displayed by you all over the thread :)

Cinemageddon changed their domain to .net around a week ago.

A
08-28-2010, 12:55 PM

Cinemageddon changed their domain to .net around a week ago.
hey man thanks for that.

IdolEyes787
08-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Cinemageddon is a great site for older just left of mainstream movies .People basically think of it as gore and trash but they have probably the best Western movie archive that I know of and their Marital Arts section is also second to none ( sadly lacking Kill Zone and Flash Point though:().
They also have the most fun/ irreverent forums that I know of and since it's not "high level" blessedly few people are looking to kiss any butt .
Only downside is that because it does envelope the gore/X-rated crowd some of the people there are truthfully disturbing or maybe just disturbed.

A
08-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I was looking for some good classic films.One of the reasons I dont enjoy old movies is because the acting is not original,its like actors/actresses playing in a drama/stage play.Its just my opinion thou.Keeping that in mind are there movies which you would recommend which is thought provoking or has a very good story line.It dosent have to be hollywood,I am comfortable with subtitles.(speaking of which I am looking for nice movies from foreign countries as well).

IdolEyes787
08-28-2010, 02:50 PM
I was looking for some good classic films.One of the reasons I dont enjoy old movies is because the acting is not original,its like actors/actresses playing in a drama/stage play.Its just my opinion thou.Keeping that in mind are there movies which you would recommend which is thought provoking or has a very good story line.It dosent have to be hollywood,I am comfortable with subtitles.(speaking of which I am looking for nice movies from foreign countries as well).

I understand your point but it is simply a different style of acting as Shakespeare is to Martin McDonagh and not necessarily "bad" acting.
As for classics I doubt if that is what you are asking that you will find any on CG but...

To Kill a Mockingbird,Rear Window,Mr. Smith Goes to Washington,The Third Man,On the Waterfront,The Magnificent Ambersons, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Treasure of the Sierra Madre,The Grapes of Wrath ,12 Angry Men,Nicholson double bill - Chinatown and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,All Quiet on the Western Front,Paths of Glory,North by Northwest,Wages of Fear,The Hustler,Hud , etc etc.

If you want to know about foreign films I don't pretend to be an expert but the best places to check and where there are actual experts are KG and Secret Cinema.
Also for classic movies there is iloveclassics,Gormogon and the ddl site retroflix.If you have any interest in being a member of any of those sites you are welcome to PM me about it.

A
08-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I understand your point but it is simply a different style of acting as Shakespeare is to Martin McDonagh and not necessarily "bad" acting.
I dint mean it as bad acting,Just that I dont enjoy watching it that much./personal taste.But I do enjoy a movie with an intriguing/thought provoking/interesting story which differs from the regular same ole story lines.

If you want to know about foreign films I don't pretend to be an expert but the best places to check and where there are actual experts are KG and Secret Cinema.
Also for classic movies there is iloveclassics,Gormogon and the ddl site retroflix.If you have any interest in being a member of any of those sites you are welcome to PM me about it.
Thanks for the watching list and I'll bug you with invite begging PMs if I develop a keen interest in classic films so much as to start collecting movies :P

IdolEyes787
08-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the watching list and I'll bug you with invite begging PMs if I develop a keen interest in classic films so much as to start collecting movies :P
100 Rifles is also good because Raquel Welch has a wet shirt scene and if you try hard enough you can imagine her naked.:yup:

It also has apparently a plot of some sort or other but I really wouldn't know about that.