PDA

View Full Version : Reclaiming bank charges?

wayneyg
08-29-2010, 08:28 AM
I got a call and some paperwork sent to me from a company called 'The Claims Guys' offering to reclaim some bank and credit card charges for me. I didn't think I had much to claim back so filled out the forms and left it as that.

Got a letter back the other day saying that they got an offer from my bank offering nearly £700. Downside is I have to pay the claims company £260 but checking over the paperwork that was sent with the cash offer, the bank asked to fill out the form and send it back to them in the envelope provided, which the claims team have substituted for their own.

My question is, can I send the signed form directly to the bank and get the cheque sent to me or do I have to send it back to the claims company?

Snee
08-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Send it to me. I'll fix it.

[email protected]

Fishy2
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Do it yourself but open a new bank account first!
The last high court ruling on this makes me suspect that this is some type of scam but its still worth a go!
The only problem is in what you may have given "the claims guys" in terms of a contract when you sent back the paperwork, did you keep a copy?

Barbarossa
08-31-2010, 11:28 AM
I got a call and some paperwork sent to me from a company called 'The Claims Guys' offering to reclaim some bank and credit card charges for me. I didn't think I had much to claim back so filled out the forms and left it as that.

Got a letter back the other day saying that they got an offer from my bank offering nearly £700. Downside is I have to pay the claims company £260 but checking over the paperwork that was sent with the cash offer, the bank asked to fill out the form and send it back to them in the envelope provided, which the claims team have substituted for their own.

My question is, can I send the signed form directly to the bank and get the cheque sent to me or do I have to send it back to the claims company?

What sort of a fucking moron fills out personal details and sends them to a company he's never heard of on a fucking whim :frusty:

You deserve everything you get.

wayneyg
08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I never said I hadn't heard from them? Who said it was on a whim? A friend of mine recommended them to me. Thanks for saying that I deserve everything I get, just got over £400 sent to me.

Burnsy
08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
I never said I hadn't heard from them? Who said it was on a whim? A friend of mine recommended them to me. Thanks for saying that I deserve everything I get, just got over £400 sent to me.

Nice one, good to see someone getting one over on the banks for a change... shame it takes some vultures to claim the money back and take their cut too... only encourages them...