PDA

View Full Version : help with Eset smart security 4 business edition

mike160
08-30-2010, 07:14 AM
hi i need some help with eset smart security 4 business edition and its firewall how to add exceptions becaues ever time i run utorrent port check i keep geting

An error has occurred!
Port 30804 does not appear to be open.

Please make absolutely sure that your firewall or any P2P privacy app (e.g. PeerGuardian 2) is allowing www.utorrent.com. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After correcting the problem, please re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

and with emule i am geting this when runing port check

need help please

Starting TCP connection test...
TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed.

and i know its not becaues of peerblock need help please

Tutela
08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Do you have a router? if so, try setting up port forwarding...
And also, if you googled it before being a lazy **** then you would ahve found this
hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=220766

Stabber
08-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Mike i had the same problem . You are using the automatic firewall not the manual one so it automatically blocks the port for your utorrent . The only way to fix this is to use manual firewall or just use only a antivirus . Firewalls are not needed in my opinion since your router most propably has an inbuilt one.

anon
08-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Make sure you're allowing uTorrent full network access in Eset, and you shouldn't have any problems. Obviously, if you have a router, you should forward your uT port there, also.

mike160
08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
thanks all for the reply and help and @ Tutela that link was realy helpful got everthing fix now but you could have been a little bit nicer about it :angry: :P

Tutela
09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
haha, sorry, was ina bad mood that day, glad you got sorted

mike160
09-12-2010, 12:02 AM
np thank you again