PDA

View Full Version : All my old sites gone, hoping for replacement

ajg
08-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi all,

ScT was one of 3 sites I was involved with, and am now really feeling the loss. I was hoping to get back into torrenting and get involved in another site - I am a member of a couple of others but miss the large number of users of ScT, and the fact that I could share the account with my brother.

Can anyone recommend a site that'd be a good way to get back in to torrenting? I have been reading that SCC was a great alternative - I'd appreciate if anyone could offer an invite. I can prove that I am a good seeder with a screen of my router stats, link to current torrent profile (on the private tracker I still use). Or, a recommendation of another decent site. I'm not fussy, as long as the staff are friendly and the users, too. :-) I don't have trouble keeping a decent ratio as I'm always seeding 24/7.

Thanks regardess. :-)

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Might be worth posting this in the Invite Requests and Giveaways Section... you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting an invite to somewhere decent if you're just getting back into things :)

Edit: Here's a decent GA here you might wanna check out - http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/423043-GA-3-x-IPTORRENTS

anon
08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
SCC is the closest thing to ScT you'll find nowadays, but since you have to pay to get invites there, they may be somewhat difficult to find. However, people that had invites from before they switched to that system got to keep them, and What and Waffles have an unlimited offer in their Power User forums, also.

Personally, I'd be just fine with IPT, which has great content and speeds at the same time it's easy to get and keep a good ratio on. :)

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
people that had invites from before they switched to that system got to keep them

I didn't, my invite went AWOL, and a friends did too... :(

anon
08-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh.

Greedy bastards. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
08-30-2010, 01:41 PM
SCC is the closest thing to ScT you'll find nowadays, but since you have to pay to get invites there, they may be somewhat difficult to find. However, people that had invites from before they switched to that system got to keep them, and What and Waffles have an unlimited offer in their Power User forums, also.

Personally, I'd be just fine with IPT, which has great content and speeds at the same time it's easy to get and keep a good ratio on. :)

If you simply want content and aren't a slave to scene rules then IPT and TL are clearly better sites.
I mean there's nothing wrong with the site ( if you don't mind self-imposed limited content) but why make anything potentially unnecessarily hard if you don't have to?

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
if you don't mind self-imposed limited content

What limits have they imposed? I've never used them, never would, so just curious...

IdolEyes787
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Scene only isn't it?

Honestly though i could be wrong as I don't really pay any attention to that kind of shit .I was surprised to learn that FTN was scene only.

I just naively thought the whole idea was to have the best content available.:mellow:

anon
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I mean there's nothing wrong with the site ( if you don't mind self-imposed limited content) but why make anything potentially unnecessarily hard if you don't have to?

True. The two you mentioned basically offer more content than SCC, and speeds are also good, at least for a home connection. Unless you're all fuzzy about getting a release 5 minutes before it's available elsewhere or maxing out your seedbox speeds (which, unless you're auto-grabbing everything that hits the tracker just to buffer up, doesn't really matter, as you're limited to how much your "real" connection can give when leeching off your box), you shouldn't need/want the latter.

Scene only isn't it?

Pretty much.

IdolEyes787
08-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Read my edit.

anon
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Read my edit.

Well, you got it right. Most if not all torrents (although I've read that some P2P things made their way in here) that hit the place are Scene stuff. And as far as I'm concerned, that's a disadvantage - I mostly download movies and music from trackers, and P2P releases/rips are better than their Scene counterparts. (Cheers to groups like IMAGiNE and the What and Waffles uploaders :))

But well, nobody's forcing me to use the site, of course.

IdolEyes787
08-30-2010, 01:57 PM
....which, unless you're auto-grabbing everything that hits the tracker just to buffer up, doesn't really matter, as you're limited to how much your "real" connection can give when leeching off your box.....

But then as I've recently been made aware of there are lots of people that only use SCC as a source for other sites .
I wonder in the vast world of bt how many higher userclass member anyplace actually grab content to like .... watch it?
Makes a farce out of the whole upload based userclass system doesn't it?

Btw I just raped the freeleech on CG for the express purpose of making Action Hero so I am as big a hypocrite as anyone.:blushing:

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Read my edit.

I didn't realise IPT were 'Scene Only' now either... they never used to be. Their uploaders used to go round downloading releases/encodes (mine included, not scene) and then change the file names to upload to their own tracker, making it look like they had encoded them for themselves. We had no problems with our encodes going on other trackers at all... but it kinda took the piss when the file names were being changed to make our work look like someone else's... that pissed me off a little. Thought maybe it would just be the odd one or two 'rogue' uploaders, but apparently the staff knew all about it. 'Stealing' (for want of a better word) someone else's work to make it look like your own isn't on...

I didn't actually realise FTN was Scene only... I didn't know they advertised themselves as such either... I was always just under the impression their uploaders just grabbed Scene stuff from whatever top site they had access to... I think it's all bollocks tbh, a good tracker shouldn't limit themselves to one or the other... they should be about getting the best possible releases for their users, whether it's scene or p2p doesn't matter, well not imo anyway...

IdolEyes787
08-30-2010, 02:06 PM
whether it's scene or p2p doesn't matter, well not imo anyway...

Yes but you are ostensibly an adult.

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 02:07 PM
whether it's scene or p2p doesn't matter, well not imo anyway...

Yes but you are ostensibly an adult.

I'm telling my mum you called me an adult...

IdolEyes787
08-30-2010, 02:09 PM

OK but you will have to wait as she's busy with me at the moment.:O

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 02:10 PM

OK but you will have to wait as she's busy with me at the moment.:O

Again?! She did mention you had a lot to learn... I think you're the first she's ever felt guilty about charging full price... :)

Stabber
08-30-2010, 02:39 PM
if you are a member of waffles you can get scc invite for free

bijoy
08-30-2010, 06:31 PM
if you are a member of waffles you can get scc invite for free
info:
Waffles have unlimited invite thread in thier forum for SCC.

anon
08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
But then as I've recently been made aware of there are lots of people that only use SCC as a source for other sites .

I guess it's cheaper than a Pay2Leech slot. :P

That's basically against SCC's rules, but they again they're already "stealing" the files from the Scene, so...

I didn't realise IPT were 'Scene Only' now either... they never used to be.

IPT's content is more of a random mix. You'll find both Scene and P2P releases from established groups, as well as uploads from people like you and me. Some people see that as "lack of professional uploading", but as far as I'm concerned, it's a proponent to use the tracker, actually.

Their uploaders used to go round downloading releases/encodes (mine included, not scene) and then change the file names to upload to their own tracker, making it look like they had encoded them for themselves.

I've spotted a few pack torrents that were taken directly from another tracker, renamed to make then look like the uploader's original work, and put on IPT. That I don't sympathize with, but then again packs are basically a bunch of Scene releases with some common theme thrown in. :unsure:

I think it's all bollocks tbh, a good tracker shouldn't limit themselves to one or the other... they should be about getting the best possible releases for their users, whether it's scene or p2p doesn't matter, well not imo anyway...

True :yup:

Waffles have unlimited invite thread in thier forum for SCC.

So does What.cd!

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Their uploaders used to go round downloading releases/encodes (mine included, not scene) and then change the file names to upload to their own tracker, making it look like they had encoded them for themselves.

I've spotted a few pack torrents that were taken directly from another tracker, renamed to make then look like the uploader's original work, and put on IPT. That I don't sympathize with, but then again packs are basically a bunch of Scene releases with some common theme thrown in. :unsure:

I think you may have misunderstood mate... this was about 3 years ago maybe, before .avi files were played on standalone players and before DVD's were as cheap as they are now. I used to re-encode .avi files to KvCD format and package them up in a bin/cue file so they could be easily burned to CD and played in most normal DVD players. Seems crazy now, going by the increase in popularity of HD, how cheap DVD's and stand alone XviD players are these days, but a few years a go KvCD's were very popular... Anyway, I used to encode for TUS-KvCD-Group after Hockney/Jamgood etc basically showed me how to make good quality KvCD's and from there I started releasing for them... it was then IPT used to grab the downloads from Demonoid (as that was the tracker we used), then take the files, re-name them to show their own names and then pass the TUS encodes off as their own...

I wasn't on about packs that were being created, effectively I agree with you in that packs are posted and re-posted on God knows how many different trackers... half the time it's hard to tell where they even started (save checking the upload dates/times :lol:).

I think someone's encode is a bit different from a pack :)

anon
08-30-2010, 07:37 PM

Mmm, yes, I totally missed your actual point. :)

Burnsy
08-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Mmm, yes, I totally missed your actual point. :)

No harm done, but even though it's all water under the bridge now, I didn't like the attitude of IPT's staff back then and neither me nor IPT will miss the other so it's basically a tracker I wouldn't go near... doesn't mean to say that someone looking to get into/back into torrenting may not benefit from though...