PDA

View Full Version : bitme.org

coaxial
09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Been searching for a lil bit. Reviews seem pretty good. From you that have been using it. What do you like, dont like? What do you use in conjunction with it for the types of files that they offer?

gamesover
09-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I'll be the first to say it, this probably belongs in the bittorrent section. I will contribute my own opinion on it while I'm at it. It can be hard to seed there and when you get a new account there you better be careful about your ratio. I believe you can buy VIP and/or buffer which makes it easier when your starting out. Overall the content is amazing, especially if your looking for technical books. So if you want to teach yourself something its great. If you want to read a novel or find a magazine it's a bit lacking. There are better sites for that. Shares staff with bitmetv, so be extra careful to follow the rules.

coaxial
09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the info. I am just new so I thought I could not start a new thread there. Still getting my bearings...

aerospace
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't like that I'm not a member.

Stabber
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Even you ever be a member it's very hard to keep a good ratio there . You need to have a seedbox to survive

Skiz
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Moved to Bittorrent.

Cut-Copy-Paste
09-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Even you ever be a member it's very hard to keep a good ratio there . You need to have a seedbox to survive

And dats a CRAP. When I had acc dere i easly maintained a good ratio with 1mbps upload.

Quarterquack
09-01-2010, 04:20 PM

False, I'm maintaining a 4. ratio there with a home connection. It just takes patience. The problem is that I really doubt anyone can weed through 50-60GB's of material as fast as their internet can download it. As such, it's ridiculous to expect to keep up with ratio on material you won't be using for a while.

The curse that people have there is that everyone has different interests that are expanding; there's no reason to download all of your interests at once.

BABBY
09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I Hate it because of some staff members who don't have patience to hear what u have to say, but i may be wrong as i dont know every one their, and everyones nature is different. but its for sure that their are some very arrogant staff members their

Tutela
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM

NOt true.
I'm on a 10/1 connection, with a raatio of about 3.5, easily. I don't need to download LOADS there every day, I will download at my own pace and upload at my own pace. not like films where they're done in an hour and a half!

7th
09-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Not my case here... home connection that's far from being good and my ratio there is quite good. You just have to know what you're doing and be patient in the beginning.

I Hate it because of some staff members who don't have patience to hear what u have to say, but i may be wrong as i dont know every one their, and everyones nature is different. but its for sure that their are some very arrogant staff members their

Whenever I needed their help they were of great help... And I would call them 'rigid' (but not inflexible) instead of arrogant while in the irc channel.

category6
09-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't need to download LOADS there every day,

you cant download anything
just fresh sex and dating tutorial or big documentary with a load of leechers on it

BTW the speed is a little slow BTW maybe for the leecher to seed for each other

so if you want a rare torrent get it anything else is just a waste of time

BTW :the vault: is the BEST !!!!!!! business tutorial tracker EVER!!!!!!

tjheller
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Same here - i have a respectable ratio there w/ out a SB

IdolEyes787
09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Same here - i have a respectable ratio there w/ out a SB

Ive been with feral for 6 months and they are great all-around

:unsure:

Remind me not to take anything you say at face value.

dmkreation
09-14-2010, 12:22 AM
with no doubt.. the best elearning tracker out there..

mR.d@hLa!
09-16-2010, 02:01 PM
If you want to read a novel or find a magazine it's a bit lacking. There are better sites for that.

@Gamesover: Which sites are better concerning magazines and novels?

-Cheers

A
09-16-2010, 03:54 PM
If you want to read a novel or find a magazine it's a bit lacking. There are better sites for that.

-Cheers
http://gigapedia.com/
www.avaxhome.ws
http://www.gutenberg.org/

http://bibliotik.org/

hulabula
09-16-2010, 08:49 PM
I used to fantasize about having BitMe a lot before I had it, but after I got invited I realized that if I were to choose between Bitme and Demonoid for elearning alone, I would choose Demonoid. I mean Bitme's only precious video-tutorial-wise. When it comes to volume and diversity of ebooks- Demonoid, Ebookee, AvaxHome or Gigapedia each beats BitMe at least twice. If you're really after content but not looking for doc-films or video guides, Bitme isn't worth the hunt.

BitMe let's anyone upload anything (which explains the slow speeds on new torrents). I upped my first GB with almost 0MB download by ripping popular torrents off puretorrents.org (now dead) and upping them on BitMe. If you have a slow connection this is a great way to get your ratio going.

karachidude
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
havnt used it,nor need it,but have heard its hard to seed there

mR.d@hLa!
09-17-2010, 12:54 PM

-Cheers
http://gigapedia.com/
www.avaxhome.ws
http://www.gutenberg.org/

http://bibliotik.org/

Thx, already favorited them =)