PDA

View Full Version : So on my web-travels today....

MagicNakor
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I found that barbarossa had been quoted in a book(?) as a blogger(??) by Smart Apple Media, which bills itself as an "Exclusive distributor and publisher of children's books for schools and public libraries from K-12."

The quote? "Remember though that cigarettes are not new and novel. They've been abused for centuries. If the same thing were to happen with marijuana because of new freedoms, I'd be frightened. To put it mildly. I've seen what happens to people who think they know moderation. It's not at all pleasant."

If you had known you would have been recorded for posterity, would you have changed a thing?

:shuriken:

stvnsmither
09-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Marijuana is at least as old. As far as I know, it's pretty hard to OD on it too. :unsure:

They are both plants after all.

j2k4
09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
The statement itself is two-and-a-half truths, the 'half' being sandwiched 'twixt the 'two'.

No matter.

Had the Constitution included such language it might have had a bit of historical impact, but would surely not have survived the repeal of Prohibition.

I would not have said it.

Barbarossa
09-07-2010, 09:20 AM
What?
I don't remember saying that!?!?

A blogger? HOW DARE THEY :angry:

Barbarossa
09-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't remember saying that!?!?

Ahh, there's a good reason for that. It was Balamm. :happy:

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/30249-Will-Drugs-Become-Legal?p=263321&viewfull=1#post263321

Thought I was going mad then. So, not famous, after all. Ho hum.