PDA

View Full Version : IRC and Usenet

sandman_1
09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Is it even worth it getting on IRC for anything Usenet? My IRC experience is minimal. I have been getting my stuff mainly from sites such as this. Just wondered if I was missing out on something or not.

WHiKWiRE
09-06-2010, 11:58 PM
#gotnzb4u on efnet is a neat system. basically you search there site and every request has a number. then you type -sn req#.

iLOVENZB
09-07-2010, 03:36 AM
I created this guide a while ago, http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/352836-How-to-Download-NZB-s-Off-IRC

To connect to the server and join the channel use this command: /server -m irc.efnet.nl -j #gotnzb4u

There are many other chans which aren't indexed using #gotnzb4u, such as #mp3.spam, #alt.binaries.inner-sanctum, All sub-agbx channels etc.

Alternatively you can join a NZB site with RSS (I believe FST has one ;)) or use a search engine (NZBIndex, Binsearch etc)

patroclus
09-07-2010, 08:55 AM
In my opinion it's not necessary because it's practically the same thing as using a public site that automatically indexes.

JustDOSE
09-09-2010, 05:42 PM
In my opinion it's not necessary because it's practically the same thing as using a public site that automatically indexes.

not true, on irc you make a request and have it filled quik if not instantly. Most nzb sites requests sections are filled mostly by someone making an irc request for a fill.

sandman_1
09-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Is it even worth it getting on IRC for anything Usenet? My IRC experience is minimal. I have been getting my stuff mainly from sites such as this. Just wondered if I was missing out on something or not.

Went to their website http://www.gotnzb4u.me.uk/ and registered for an account. Said it would send an email but it didn't and said if I didn't get an email to contact the admin. How to do that is a mystery to me since the site doesn't have that info as far I can tell. Would it be appropriate to do this on their IRC channel?

iLOVENZB wrote:

To connect to the server and join the channel use this command: /server -m irc.efnet.nl -j #gotnzb4u

I copy and pasted that and it says that I need a password? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

iLOVENZB
09-11-2010, 05:27 AM
I think you're doing something wrong sandman_1, #gotnzb4u is a open channel ie. You don't need a invite or a key.

Can you copy/paste your log or supply a screenshot?

sandman_1
09-11-2010, 02:19 PM
[INFO] Network view for “-m:irc.efnet.nl” opened.
[INFO] Attempting to connect to “-m:irc.efnet.nl”. Use /cancel to abort.
[INFO] Connecting to irc://-m:irc.efnet.nl/,needpass (irc://-m:irc.efnet.nl/,needpass)… [Cancel]
[ERROR] Error creating socket.

That is what I get with Chatzilla.

iLOVENZB
09-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I assumed you were using mIRC which means that the command I gave you won't work :D.

/server irc.efnet.nl
/join #gotnzb4u

liliglobe
09-22-2010, 12:16 PM
What are you talking about friends? I am not getting you properly. Please tell me in detail, so that I can be a part of this forum.

Thanks.
Regards,
Liliglobe

sandman_1
09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
What are you talking about friends? I am not getting you properly. Please tell me in detail, so that I can be a part of this forum.

Thanks.
Regards,
Liliglobe

You do not know about IRC or Usenet??? :blink: WOWY