PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Ps2

twisterX
11-04-2003, 07:32 PM
when i put in a disk it does nothing just satys. nothing apperar and if i go to browser it says reading disk for like a sec and just syaty the same. no DATA appears on the scereen. Do i need to clean the laser or something. Is there too much dues. I got the 31009 model.

kazaaliterock
11-04-2003, 07:33 PM
what does satys mean? is it a retail copy or is it a burn copy?

twisterX
11-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@4 November 2003 - 19:33
what does satys mean? is it a retail copy or is it a burn copy?
it it "stays". and all my games are retail and it cant read any disks.

twisterX
11-04-2003, 08:28 PM
bump

Stonecoldfreak1
11-04-2003, 08:33 PM
ps2 went bad... gonna have to buy another sadly... if i were you i would say fuck sony

Korosqui
11-07-2003, 05:46 AM
already hapenned to me .had to buy another one it means your laser is deadit my read one or two disks if it feels like it but i dont think so/buy another one if you havent cause paying for a laser and an engeneer costs almost the same as buying a new one :D

Haz
11-07-2003, 05:48 AM
Yep happened to me too, same damn thing, haven't fixed mine yet but I heard that (dont know how true this is) that Sony will repair or replace it for free.

Haz
11-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Just came up with something, I haven't thought about my piece of crap PS2 for a while, actually this post made me think of it, so for some strange reason I looked it all up on the internet and I came across this interesting self repair guide on a forum somewhere, it described the exact problems I was having, and said that they were easily fixable! I thought what the hell and did what it said, and omg I can't believe it my PS2 is actually working, here's the link,

http://pub94.ezboard.com/fgameconsolerepai...start=1&stop=20 (http://pub94.ezboard.com/fgameconsolerepairforumfrm3.showMessageRange?topicID=1206.topic&start=1&stop=20)

Ummm ya might wanna know that by doing this you'll void the warranty, but as for myself I didn't care, if ya try it, good luck! :D

Rip The Jacker
11-07-2003, 08:14 AM
You could check here:

PS2 Laser Cleaning Instructions (http://www.saveware.com/ps2_laser_cleaning_instructions.htm)

Just don't make things worse.

colt45joe
11-07-2003, 08:16 AM
i had same proble,, games wouldnt read at all, but then i cleaned laser, and it worked a lot better, just like new, hell, even better!!

**GASHA**
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Alternatively give Sony a call and they'll give you a re-conditioned machine or get it repaired locally for you, regardless of when you bought it or what version you have :)

The thing to say is "My PS2 keeps saying it cant read the disks I put in" then go on to say you have tried the disks on a friends older PS2 and they work fine.

When they ask when and where you bought it simply say "I've had it under a year, I'm not sure of the exact date because I bought it from a friends catalogue and he's since moved away" (works everytime). Then they ask "Do you want to get it repaired or replaced with a re-conditioned one (almost new) ?"

Over the folllowing 2 days you'll simply receive your re-conditioned PS2 in one hand and give the kind chap at the door your old one.

A tried and tested method that works everytime.

Haz
11-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah but don't they want reciepts? :huh:

**GASHA**
11-07-2003, 09:30 AM
NOPE......remember.....you bought it from your 'recently moved away friends' catalogue :)