PDA

View Full Version : Seedhost.EU - BEWARE - SCAM!

theshadow1234
09-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I just got scammed by seedhost.eu. Ordered a server on Monday and so far no one has sent me any details for my logins. Paid through Paypal so hopefully i can get a refund through them. I sent seedplace.eu 2 emails and 4 troubletickets and they refuse to send me any details of my setup. This is very frustrating. Support is bad and they won't listen.

I will start posting my experience not just here but other websites. If you guys plan on getting a seddbox at seedhost.eu do not do it through these guys. THEY WILL SCAM YOU AND ITS NOT WORTH IT.

THanks
George

Thelen
09-11-2010, 12:55 PM
They aren't a scam they are just idiots. It is the same group who were/are behind seedbox.cc and some of the others. every few months they setup a new site and fleece some dumb sheep ;)

Sandvich
09-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Agreed they are idiots.

However don't go with Customseedbox, they are the real scam. (Poor service/Poor Performance)

Just poor.

PooBar
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
I have come to the conclusion that there are far too many Seedbox providers on the net atm.
This becomes a problem for new Seedbox user's as they run a great risk of getting ripped off.

Thelen
09-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Yea there are, principally because people don't want to pay 'fair' amounts. So they'll go looking for the next provider that is $2 cheaper expecting it to be good/better.

Unlike these dopes though we don't put a 15 torrent limit so you can run as much as you want, most people reach 100 torrents without any problems.

seedhost-net
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
100 active torrents for shared customer??? it will crash your hdd's IO, even dedicated server with hw raid0 will struggle with 100 active torrents with decent speeds, this shows that you completely have no idea at what you are doing and i wish your customers only the best.

Yea there are, principally because people don't want to pay 'fair' amounts. So they'll go looking for the next provider that is $2 cheaper expecting it to be good/better.

Unlike these dopes though we don't put a 15 torrent limit so you can run as much as you want, most people reach 100 torrents without any problems.

Thelen
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not going to argue, but 100 torrent is easily achievable if you configure the kernel correctly. The default setup of debian is about 1/3rd the speed that can be achieved with proper settings.

Either way, the customers with 100+ torrents are those with what.cd and waffles, so 90+ of those 100+ torrents are inactive.

solaris
09-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm not going to argue, but 100 torrent is easily achievable if you configure the kernel correctly. The default setup of debian is about 1/3rd the speed that can be achieved with proper settings.

nonsense....:dry:

heiska
09-15-2010, 12:27 PM

That is just pure bullshit right there, and everybody who has the slighest bit of common sense know it. Please do show me some of your amazing custom kernel configurations, or is it a "business secret" :D? What you're claiming is 300% "speed increase" by "configuring the kernel" (!!?????).

Either way, the customers with 100+ torrents are those with what.cd and waffles, so 90+ of those 100+ torrents are inactive.
AKA <10 active torrents. Again if you knew anything at all when it comes to torrent clients, you would know that torrents which are not active use virtually no resources at all...

Oh boy.

lmn8r
09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Kernel has nothing to do with how fast a hard drive needle can move. That's a hardware limitation.

I think the problem is there are only so many providers globally that offer the ultra cheap unmetered 100mbps servers. Pretty much all seedbox companies resell their services the same way, regardless of what creative marketing gimmicks you can come up with. Some seedbox companies squeeze more people per servers then others, some have better support then others. Selling seedboxes is always a low-margin service business and the only way to increase your margins is by overloading servers or reducing your support quality. Since seedboxes exist within the grey area of legality, you can't become a true established tax paying business-and legitimate hosting companies with the wholesale clout won't touch them; With quality tied directly to profits and the lack of any real consequences it must be very tempting to scam.

Thelen
09-17-2010, 12:13 AM
Mmmm clearly you pros know everything about everything, I won't bring you down from your delusion you are almost to the moon.

It doesn't make the HDD spin faster, but it makes better performance. For example, using ext4 vs ext2/3. If you can't even understand that 'optimisation', then you won't have a hope of understanding the rest. But, just in case you think you do, you can also change the swapiness and the CFQ /deadline settings. It doesn't make it OMGWTFBBW OVER 9001 TIMES BETTER, but in certain situations it can be up to 50% faster. There are lots of small things like that that make a huge difference, especially on low RAM servers.

Obviously you'll probably think I'm just talking out my ass, but we've spend tens/hundreds of hours testing and analysing. Also heiska you would be wrong, 'inactive' torrents do use resources, just a lot less. But 10x10GB inactive torrents will still use as much ram/caching/background stuff as a single 10GB torrent doing around 500KB/s. In the scheme of things, yes virtually no resources, but since seedboxs are thrashed 100%, every 5% counts.

Also, torrents are not a grey area, they are perfectly legal. A lot of the uses do obviously involve US/EU copyrighted material, but we have around 20% middleeast and asians, who use for their own content which doesn't fall under any US/EU law. As well, pulsedmedia IS a tax paying legitimate company (well actually the parent company is, PM is just a brand), for over 10 years though only seedbox for a year now. There are a few others, Xirvik Feral rapidspeeds etc that are also registered...

NuCode
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM
The amount of torrents loaded doesn't mean shit. You can load 1000 torrents and have 100% CPU IDLE, 0% IOWAIT. What matters is what the torrents do ;)

Yes, we allow unlimited torrents active like Thelen said, and 100 torrents is not a problem at all. How we made it happen so that everyone gets a comfortable speed? Well wouldn't you want to know ;)

Bottomline is that it works, and a lot of people have chosen us ;)

Now this thread is supposed to be about Seedhost, not about us. But i simply can't resist the urge to correct smear campaigning :)

Heiska: Yes, actually that kind of stuff IS a business secret. It's one of the competitive advantages we have, and we are supposed to just hand them over just because you asked for it? Yeap right. But yes, some of the things have to do with the kernel itself. There's a reason people choose our shared/semidedi option rather than a dedicated selfmanaged one, you know ;) and the feedback & reviews we get speaks for itself

lmn8r: Correct that it has no effect on hardware speed. However, kernel has everything to do what is being done about the available capacity, how the hardware is handled, what's given priority and what's not.

The attack on margins, legitimate business, legality: All just pure bullshit. We are a registered finnish company, operating completely within what law allows us to do. Yes, i do know, we are not the cheapest however. Many "regular" hosting companies do make us offers even knowing what our market & business is.

But yeah, you guys apparently know better than us who actually do this for a living :)

seedhost-net
09-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Great Speech, i just want to clarify one thing, this thread isn't about Seedhost, it is about Seedhost.EU,

Regards,
SEEDHOST.NET

The amount of torrents loaded doesn't mean shit. You can load 1000 torrents and have 100% CPU IDLE, 0% IOWAIT. What matters is what the torrents do ;)

Yes, we allow unlimited torrents active like Thelen said, and 100 torrents is not a problem at all. How we made it happen so that everyone gets a comfortable speed? Well wouldn't you want to know ;)

Bottomline is that it works, and a lot of people have chosen us ;)

Now this thread is supposed to be about Seedhost, not about us. But i simply can't resist the urge to correct smear campaigning :)

Heiska: Yes, actually that kind of stuff IS a business secret. It's one of the competitive advantages we have, and we are supposed to just hand them over just because you asked for it? Yeap right. But yes, some of the things have to do with the kernel itself. There's a reason people choose our shared/semidedi option rather than a dedicated selfmanaged one, you know ;) and the feedback & reviews we get speaks for itself

lmn8r: Correct that it has no effect on hardware speed. However, kernel has everything to do what is being done about the available capacity, how the hardware is handled, what's given priority and what's not.

The attack on margins, legitimate business, legality: All just pure bullshit. We are a registered finnish company, operating completely within what law allows us to do. Yes, i do know, we are not the cheapest however. Many "regular" hosting companies do make us offers even knowing what our market & business is.

But yeah, you guys apparently know better than us who actually do this for a living :)

Thelen
09-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Maybe next time pick a little more unique name ;)

Reminds me of normal web hosting, just about every combination with HOST in it is taken now lol. even gardenhost.com (well probably now that i've said it >_> )

kooftspc11
09-20-2010, 06:00 AM
say what you want but seedhost.eu been around a hell of alot longer than most other seedbox providers and they've been legit the whole way through.

theshadow1234
09-21-2010, 01:55 PM
say what you want but seedhost.eu been around a hell of alot longer than most other seedbox providers and they've been legit the whole way through.

Useless quote...:whistling

Anyway back to my topic about these A-Holes. I got Paypal to refund all my money from these guys. It took 2 weeks of headaches to do this so just a warning to anyone who wants to purchase stuff from these guys. DOn't do it! STAY AWAY!!!

THank You and have a Great Day!:w00t:

Thelen
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Yea they registed in may 2008, and yet aren't ruling the seedbox world? :P

BTW its just run by some polish uni student, he does to make money in his spare time etc.

L33cH
09-22-2010, 07:53 AM
well seedhost.net have some nice offers try them the are one of oldest seedbox comapny,

Thelen
09-22-2010, 03:42 PM
We've tried both, and both are reasonable but ultimately unsatisfactory. At least, on any mid level tracker (scc bitme etc) they only do ok (but then they is due to only 100mbit).

lestat888
10-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Login problem no answer from admin...
Sure hope the owners are still alive

wiserommer
10-18-2010, 10:51 AM
i can confirm this..they have scammed me out of a refund. I have reported them to OVH and customers direct they are really bad.

dance4
10-18-2010, 10:02 PM
I believe it's high time the other party took a stance.

theshadow1234 (http://filesharingtalk.com/members/220356-theshadow1234) you should have described the situation more precisely. Before you opened 2 new threads you had blocked your payment and later you started accusing us of cheating. The story was as follows.
You bought a server which we delivered on the same day. Two days later you wrote you didn't get the login data so you got a response that it was sent again. We sent the data 3 times I think, and every time you claimed you didn't receive it. Strangely, out of our 800 clients you were the only one with such a problem. Then you asked if we could send the data to a different email address. We didn't respond immediately so 15 minutes after your ticket you opened paypal dispute . In response to that we disabled your server and stopped responding to your tickets. We had no money so we didn't provide the service, the order was changed into "fraud". Moreover, the most essential Paypal rule says - don't send anything to an address other than paypal, especially avoid that if somebody demands that to be done. But how can you know that?! You received the money after 14 days. This is the time Paypal has to give money to the buyer if the seller does not respond. If we wanted to cheat you and swindle the 40 Euro it would be enought o change dispute into claim . Paypal would then take our side as they don't deal with virtual goods. But you seem not to know it.
Summing up, before you started complaining here and calling us scammers we hadn't had your money and the order received the "fraud" status. That's it.

Thelen
10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
You'd get a lot more readability if you wrote in paragraphs :)

But, fairly typical. We had someone the other day cause a bug in WHMCS that meant the invoice was $0, and then when he paid it and it got marked as paid, somehow thought he still deserved the $300 (for the year) VPS just because it was marked as paid... lol.