PDA

View Full Version : Closing trade threads

IdolEyes787
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Once again not doubt a pointless appeal but if someone wants to create a thread only to then immediately close it (for whatever real or imagined reason) then I think that they should be doing it in someplace other than what is allegedly still a forum.:mellow:

If they are inflicted with spam then that is what the Report button and the Mods ( errr Mod) are there for.

Please feel free to dispute this assertion with any statements that make sense.

P2PDog
09-12-2010, 02:50 PM
My initial reaction was going to be to tell you to just ignore that shit like most of the rest of us, but yeah, you've got a point. If this is a forum, then what benefit is it to have a bunch of threads where no discussion or interaction can take place?

anon
09-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I was more or less serious with a previous post on a similar thread:

Let's see this through a trader's viewpoint:
Why leave the thread open so that people criticize your activities (i.e. searches for "high-level" stuff, buffered accounts, etc., or the mere fact you're trading to get from X to Y) or generally spam your thread, when you can close it and keep it visible by bumping it regularly? :shifty:

You're right with your "this is a forum" comment, but that section supposedly exists to trade invites, not to chat. In the end, we can always PM the thread starter if we wish to tell him something, or use the report button if we think a Mod should have a closer look.

That's just me, though...

Cabalo
09-13-2010, 04:01 AM
There are going to be some changes in the trade section, nothing radically different though.

I would agree with removing the user's privilege to close their own threads at that section, if there wasn't a lot of quite abusive spam lately.

In my opinion, if it were to happen, then a very strict moderation would have to take place at those threads, something most members aren't used to at FST.

Quarterquack
09-13-2010, 04:16 AM
There are going to be some changes in the trade section, nothing radically different though.

I would agree with removing the user's privilege to close their own threads at that section, if there wasn't a lot of quite abusive spam lately.

In my opinion, if it were to happen, then a very strict moderation would have to take place at those threads, something most members aren't used to at FST.

Then while liberties are being stripped, you might feel the need to assert mutual exclusivity to trading or giveaway activities.
Idol has gripes with the pertinence of forum etiquette, mine is with the trading ordeal itself. It makes no sense for a trader to endanger members who know no better, put their reputations at stake of being labeled a traders etc. simply for the sake of reputation points.

Either change what reputation points stand for/signify, or have it clear as night and day that while trading is accepted and will not be prohibited (based on what the forum mods/staff have agreed upon), it also stands to reason that no one should be baited/used for some moron to get achieve their ends. Technically this will only hurt serial/incessant traders, and do nothing to the ones who legitimately hunt down that one invite then sod off.

ca_aok
09-13-2010, 04:55 AM
I've always thought there should be some sort of disclaimer when entering the section as a new member, or perhaps a stickied thread. Something along the lines of "Warning: Trading can result in you losing your torrenting accounts". Might help the folks that supposedly don't know any better before it's too late.

Quarterquack
09-13-2010, 05:05 AM
Except, I don't actually care about people who aren't willing to educate themselves on a deed before carrying it out. I'm more concerned about the folk that get into the giveaway section, apply, receive an invite; suddenly, three days later they're disabled for suspicion of trading on a multitude of trackers. It's through no fault of their own that they adhered to the rules but due to the luck of the draw were invited by a senseless monkey hunting for meaningless accolades.

ca_aok
09-13-2010, 05:08 AM
Well if you could put a giant rubber stamp that says "DOUCHEBAG" on their account, somehow barring them from the giveaway section, it'd be pretty amusing. But until you get people to publicly declare themselves as traders here (yeah... right), that'll always continue to happen. I wouldn't trust taking an invite from half the regulars here, let alone some random person doing a giveaway as a clear rep grab.

Disme
09-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm with idol ... closing the threads is way too simple ... there have been countless accounts when I could have posted something epic and really interesting in a trader's post, if it weren't closed.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm with idol ... closing the threads is way too simple ... there have been countless accounts when I could have posted something epic and really interesting in a trader's post, if it weren't closed.

Fact is most of the long-standing members are here purely for the entertainment.:happy:
I think there should be concessions made to anyone with 1,942 or more posts that they can circumvent any un-Democratic Fascist closings and post whether they want.:yup:

In fact I think we should vote on it.
OK show of hands .Fine .Passed then .Now someone get to codeine or whatever it's is you allegedly do around here.

IdolEyes787
09-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Could you at least toss me a bone and ban pair20002000 (http://filesharingtalk.com/members/202648-pair20002000):(?Or in lieu of that just have him create one last thread and specify what, after four pages of trading the same accounts over and over, he is looking for in way of an "end game"?
I mean wouldn't that save him a lot of apparently useless effort and at the same time me a lot of aggravation so in the end everyone wins.:)

(http://filesharingtalk.com/members/202648-pair20002000)Thank you and Happy Mod Day.:)

(http://filesharingtalk.com/members/202648-pair20002000)

A
09-17-2010, 12:49 PM
I've always thought there should be some sort of disclaimer when entering the section as a new member, or perhaps a stickied thread. Something along the lines of "Warning: Trading can result in you losing your torrenting accounts". Might help the folks that supposedly don't know any better before it's too late.
+1.This is really a good way to warn members who dosent know much of BT and the rules.