PDA

View Full Version : what are these sites?

1000possibleclaws
09-13-2010, 04:40 AM
http://wherefore.me/

wtf is this?

also, what does T*S stand for/ give me some screens of it

T*S - What do we have to offer?

*A Strong Community - this is the only reason we opened again, for our Members.
*Uploaders committed to filling requests - we have a request feature, use it! We have experienced Uploaders with extensive libraries and also work to get you the latest torrents out there.
*IRC - our own IRC network - active all hours of the day. We hold contests over the Radio for Gig credits and fun, a place to generally chit chat and have a good time. We have a Help Channel, Announce Channel, our General Channel, and more to come!
*Radio - a Great group of experienced Radio DJ's taking requests, playing great tunes, and also announcing Site Contests/Features/and News.
*Staff - a flexible and experienced group of Staff Members open to suggestions.
*Forums - a Very active Forums - with some hidden gems to look for!

ca_aok
09-13-2010, 04:48 AM
The first one is a music site. I don't think they've gone public yet so that's all I'll really say on that matter.

As for the second one: TDS maybe? (The Dark Syndicate). Or maybe TCS? (The Candy Store).

Anyway... who gives a shit?

Champo101
09-13-2010, 05:13 AM
What.cd wannabe :dry: In all fairness, I never heard of any of them. That one could even be something coming from What for all I know lol. The Dark Syndicate goes by TDS so I don't think much of a chance for that. If I find out, (Before anyone else posts it, that is) I'll post back. But bottom line: I don't care either lol

gamesover
09-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Just goes to show they just have to make their tracker highly secretive and people will want to know about them.

Hiccup
09-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Just curious, how did you find out about wherefore in the first place?

1000possibleclaws
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Someone was handing out invites at whatcd for the wherefore.me site, same with the other one.

It's not that I want to be a member, but the value of screenshots is that you can see the hype without bothering with the bs of actually joining (I have no plans to sign up to anymore private trackers). Also, it pisses off staffers for some reason, which is worth a laugh or two in my books. If its the dark syndicate or whatever, then I don't really want them tho. The dude was really hyping it up as the next l33t thing, I was hoping for something ultra-fancy that is also ultra-lame.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2010, 12:11 PM
wtf is this?

T*S
*A Strong Community - this is the only reason we opened again, for our Members.
*Uploaders committed to filling requests - we have a request feature, use it! We have experienced Uploaders with extensive libraries and also work to get you the latest torrents out there.
*IRC - our own IRC network - active all hours of the day. We hold contests over the Radio for Gig credits and fun, a place to generally chit chat and have a good time. We have a Help Channel, Announce Channel, our General Channel, and more to come!
*Radio - a Great group of experienced Radio DJ's taking requests, playing great tunes, and also announcing Site Contests/Features/and News.
*Staff - a flexible and experienced group of Staff Members open to suggestions.
*Forums - a Very active Forums - with some hidden gems to look for!

Stupid?
A bunch of teens catering to the tastes of tweens?
The next site Ringhunter will join?:unsure:

Btw when I hear "community " anymore ,seeing as how most of the self-proclaimed "communities" operate with the same small group of internet literate but life illiterate,status-seeking wannabees spouting little more than such profundities as " I heart tracker X " and "thanks" on each one ,I turn and run the other way as fast as I can.

Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.:mellow:

1000possibleclaws
09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I read into it in more detail in the whatcd l33t forums

wherefore.me sounds like it could be the next E**** in 3 years, but I guess it is still has to fight the overwhelming odds that it will fail miserably. or actually it sounds more like another CE

Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.http://filesharingtalk.vb3/images/smilies/mellow.gif

QFT

Hiccup
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I read into it in more detail in the whatcd l33t forums

wherefore.me sounds like it could be the next E**** in 3 years, but I guess it is still has to fight the overwhelming odds that it will fail miserably. or actually it sounds more like another CE

Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.http://filesharingtalk.vb3/images/smilies/mellow.gif

QFT

So basically a FLAC gazelle based tracker? Could be interesting, and there certainly seems to be room with there only being two outstanding trackers catering specifically to that subgenre/ niche.

Quarterquack
09-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Hey at least you realize there's a dichotomy between myself and ~99% of everyone else. :shifty:

n00bz0r
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
wtf is this?

Stupid?

Btw when I hear "community " anymore ,seeing as how most of the self-proclaimed "communities" operate with the same small group of internet literate but life illiterate,status-seeking wannabees spouting little more than such profundities as " I heart tracker X " and "thanks" on each one ,I turn and run the other way as fast as I can.

Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.:mellow:

Couldn't have said it better. :cheers:

IdolEyes787
09-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Hey at least you realize there's a dichotomy between myself and ~99% of everyone else. :shifty:

Whatever that difference may be I can probably now safely rule out that it's not that you understand the meaning of dichotomy and the others don't.

Actually I'm thinking it's more along the lines that they like trance and you like Justin Bieiber.:unsure:

Quarterquack
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Disparity, then. I apologize for using words my spectroscopy professor was spitting out. :(

As for Justin Bieber, I like Usher so I will refrain from calling him funny names. That doesn't mean I like him, though. :shifty:

ca_aok
09-13-2010, 04:09 PM
So basically a FLAC gazelle based tracker? Could be interesting, and there certainly seems to be room with there only being two outstanding trackers catering specifically to that subgenre/ niche.
It's based around anal tagging, I think they still allow MP3. But then again if you care so much about tags that you'd join a separate tracker, you're probably downloading FLAC anyway :P

kingeater
09-13-2010, 05:54 PM

Hehe, the last time I remember hearing this exact line was about a little site named need-music, which then changed its name and staff, which then promply died. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the FLAC-only crowd already have a tracker or two that cater to what they need. The biggest innovation for a new FLAC only tracker would be a ratio-free environment, but there probably is not a way to succeed with this model. And as for the whole community thing, I'm pretty sure what needed to be said has already been said a million times over.

And, so as to silly up this thread a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvutuOGEWV4

Funkin'
09-14-2010, 05:51 AM
:wank: