PDA

View Full Version : Peerportal is Closed

superm4n
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
On the 12th September 2010, the Official PeerPortal.org torrent tracker was closed by Superman the owner of the site.

It was not an easy decision to make, and PeerPortal will be missed by all of the P2P community, the reason for the site closure will stay confidential for now.

It is unlikely that PeerPortal will ever return.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all of My members, Donator's and Staff, for the hardwork and commitment over the last 4 years. it has been a lot of fun and will never be forgotten.

Regards

Superman

anon
09-14-2010, 09:48 PM
It appears at least one of the people who staffed at your tracker doesn't exactly think highly of you right now:

It seems for as long as peerportal was up Superman has been skimming donations like a thieving scumbag.

What's your take on that?

Champo101
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
What bullshit. I cannot BELIEVE you made this thread. Just a wow from me. Lying sac of shit. btw have fun, superman-online.co.uk ffs redirected domain. Care to explain?

1000possibleclaws
09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Well I don't really know what to say. Regardless of the money drama, this isn't terribly surprising news for me..

I actually have had a folder inside my tracker bookmarks folder for awhile called 'don't use', and it consists of TiT, Faplife, Peerportal, appzbitshock, and every one of them appear to be dead now :unsure:

mrnobody
09-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I actually have had a folder inside my tracker bookmarks folder for awhile called 'don't use', and it consists of TiT, Faplife, Peerportal, appzbitshock, and every one of them appear to be dead now :unsure:

what's the point of having a folder for tracker that you "don't use"? i would think bookmarks are for future references of things that one would use.

1000possibleclaws
09-15-2010, 12:09 AM
It took me at least a year to check it, so there was really no point in it... I'm not a robot who organizes his stuff perfectly rationally :P

anon
09-15-2010, 12:22 AM

I keep the login data for that kind of trackers as text files inside a "pending trackers" folder, and check it regularly. Sometimes I've found accounts I didn't even remember I had. :lol:

IdolEyes787
09-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Well I don't really know what to say. Regardless of the money drama, this isn't terribly surprising news for me..

Last time I remember you mentioning PP and granted it was a while ago ,you were singing the praises of both the site and the owner.I don't know anything about either but if I was a member and I made good use of the site to the tune of saving me hundreds if not thousands of dollars , scummy move funds skimming or not ,I don't think that in the end I should think that such a terrible trade off.
I mean in perspective even if the allegations of theft are true isn't it kind of like "Thanks for giving me a nice place to hang out for a couple years and saving me a ton of money you thieving motherfucker":unsure:

1000possibleclaws
09-15-2010, 02:46 AM
It's a nice place don't get me wrong, Glen and beat were cool dudes from what I could tell, and I'm sure other staffers were swell. Just the ratio economy seemed fucked beyond all good measure, and they kept asking for donations. Future looked pretty bleak to me.

Well I'm sure however many regular users that actively downloaded will be able to find another replacement if they don't already have a backup.

superm4n
09-15-2010, 05:18 AM
There are two sides of every story, ive never stole a penny from PP if anything pp has cost me a fortune. when enough donations arnt made who do you think pays the bill? ME.

Glens problem was that there was money missing from the kitty, but if he used his brain and actually asked me rather than just trying to block me out from my own site and changing paypal accounts behind my back. He would have learnt that paypal charge fees. (Tbh i thought everyone new that) glen seems to think if some one donates a 10$ you get 10$ when it fact you only get $9.30 times this by the 100s of donations that we received over 4 years and your left with a big hole which glen thought i was stealing.

the reason why peerportal is closed is because i dont know who i can trust in my staff anymore. because ii dont know who had a hand in trying to get me out. ultimatly no staff no tracker.

Lucifer9999
09-15-2010, 07:13 AM
it is so hard to get a new staff??

i really liked the tracker!!

Glen@DB
09-15-2010, 08:01 AM
This is BS he was only in it for the money.
if you have a staff problem then you change the staff not shut down the site.
shutting down the site just shows he didnt give a toss about members or staff.
ofc i know about cost's you fool. things still dont add up but hey its over now
and if you remember superman i took over the site when your bottle went and i only kept you as co-owner cuz i thought it was the right thing to do (how wrong was i?).
you havnt even spoke to staff for ar least 2 years so how do you know who to trust?? your just full of shit and i hope ppl can see that.

Our new tracker will be open very soon. without ratios and thieves.

IdolEyes787
09-15-2010, 12:03 PM
But hopefully with capitalization.

Xussia
09-15-2010, 12:54 PM

On behalf of those of us who donated, participated and benefitted, may I privately mourn the loss of another quality site and ask to be informed if/when the new site is born.

mrnobody
09-15-2010, 12:57 PM
pirates = thieves

Cabalo
09-15-2010, 01:07 PM
The money. It's always about the money. :(

Sadistic666
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
I've only just managed to locate this forum/info. I thought we just had some down time at pp this is very sad news to me :(

I don't really know what's going on but Superman I really hope you change your mind an re-open the site and if you don't want to then at least pass it on to someone else that does.

PP is one of the first sites/community's I ever used and I really don't want to see it go.

bijoy
09-15-2010, 07:12 PM
RIP PP.
best of luck for new site.

che
09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Only eva used Peer Portal. I loved it. Gutted. As soon as it is back up and running plz inform when/if new site up. First time in two years utorrent is empty. Could I ask that any info is posted here. Will keep on checking... everyday...:sad1:

Glen@DB
09-15-2010, 09:23 PM
we should be back online the weekend but we will no longer be using the name peerportal.
add me to your friends or pm me your email and i'll keep you updated.

WorldlyWise
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
As a member of PP for a reasonable amount of time I think it's a real shame that thing's have gone the way they have, it certainly was a great site that I personally gained a lot from. My thanks to to all those at PP that deserve it...

...and as a member that donated I'm disappointed that it didn't seem to get to those on PP that deserved it, I certainly hope that that gets rectified at the new site if I'm extended an invitation.

(I've added you as a friend here Glen, I cant PM at the moment due to being a new member).

we should be back online the weekend but we will no longer be using the name peerportal.

gunnersmac
09-16-2010, 02:08 AM
As a member of PP for a reasonable amount of time I think it's a real shame that thing's have gone the way they have, it certainly was a great site that I personally gained a lot from. My thanks to to all those at PP that deserve it...

...and as a member that donated I'm disappointed that it didn't seem to get to those on PP that deserved it, I certainly hope that that gets rectified at the new site if I'm extended an invitation.

(I've added you as a friend here Glen, I cant PM at the moment due to being a new member).

I couldn't of said it better, and I'm in the same boat. There were MANY staff members that really helped me out over the last few years. Meanchick, her BF, beat, etc. etc. etc. (just too many to list.) ALL of them can attest that I was a stand up member. I'd LOVE to be a part of whatever new site you develop, and would love an invite. I'm also new here, and can't message you Glen... please message me your info.
Many thanks M8.

beerandwomen
09-16-2010, 02:54 AM
hey glenn i added ya. i was a 4 year member from the start.. when it split from..... same nick. hope i can come along for the ride too bro. i know ya rememer me cause i pm'ed ya to hell when i had a prob. lol

Pure0z
09-16-2010, 04:26 AM
Glen as being co owner do you not have a list of emails from the database that can be used to inform us when we have a nea torrent home ?? :cry:

Champo101
09-16-2010, 04:44 AM
SO much of the Database was deleted so I'm not sure. However, I'm not the owner, so I have no idea yes or no :P

bumrocks
09-16-2010, 04:56 AM
...However, I'm not the owner, so I have no idea yes or no :P

I am confused how if the above was stated...You would know anything about what you say below.

SO much of the Database was deleted so I'm not sure...

jiggydragon
09-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Glen as being co owner do you not have a list of emails from the database that can be used to inform us when we have a nea torrent home ?? :cry:

I can say the same Glen, I have been on for quite some time and I think I brought some friends along with me too. I hope I can follow ya.

Champo101
09-16-2010, 06:15 AM
SO much of the Database was deleted
Self explanatory.

so I'm not sure...
^^About the email database. I'm not sure it would be there.

...However, I'm not the owner, so I have no idea yes or no
I'm saying I'm not the owner, so I would have no idea if it is there or not.
Hope that explains it. After reading it a 2nd time I realized it was a little messed up :s

_alpha_
09-16-2010, 06:18 AM
(Hi Glen, added you as a friend for info about new site :-) )

I was a member for nearly the whole 4 years PP was open too... I enjoyed the convenience of having just 1 site that always had the latest torrents and most of the time it maxed out my internet connection.. it's with great regreat I'm now looking for a suitable replacement.. any news on PP 'kissing and making up' (to save my good ration) or a new site would be greatly appreciated..

Glen, Beat, Meanchick cheers for all the good times and always being on hand to help..

bumrocks
09-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Self explanatory.

so I'm not sure...
^^About the email database. I'm not sure it would be there.

...However, I'm not the owner, so I have no idea yes or no
I'm saying I'm not the owner, so I would have no idea if it is there or not.
Hope that explains it. After reading it a 2nd time I realized it was a little messed up :s

My point being that if you are not a staff member then how would you even know if any of the database was actually deleted?

Champo101
09-16-2010, 06:27 AM
IRC. It was a topic of discussion for a while in there. I have some logs (if I can find them) I could PM you if you are that interested.

EDIT: Woops. About a year of the Database was deleted. i neglected to mention :S Ugh I should go to sleep.

EDIT2: OOPS. Christ. How much did I say was deleted before? ffs. Good night.

Glen@DB
09-16-2010, 08:37 AM
thanks for the response guys
i recognize all your names tbh. so just sit tight and post some threads on here so you can be contacted.
just a few mores days and we will be ready.

re: the database chamo101 is correct and he knows because i am open and honest with members in irc.

to add insult to injury superman is withholding the user database so i cant reinstate all your stats, so any loss of ratio is because of that...

pirate_monkey
09-16-2010, 10:14 AM
hey glen. shame about pp. i added you on here, so hopefully by the weekend everything is upand running again!! goodluck mate

k99w
09-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Glen,
I was a member of PP for about 2 years and would like to be notified when you have the new place up and running! So sad to see PP go but very happy that you are going to start up! I added you so i hope to be informed when you are up and running. You are very much appreciated and look forward to the new place!

cashanova5
09-16-2010, 01:21 PM
hey Glen, too bad about PP, really enjoyed the site. hope the new site gets sorted out soon. looking forward to hearing from you when its up and goin. good luck!

Sadistic666
09-16-2010, 01:50 PM
i recognize all your names tbh. so just sit tight and post some threads on here so you can be contacted.

re: the database chamo101 is correct and he knows because i am open and honest with members in irc.

to add insult to injury superman is withholding the user database so i cant reinstate all your stats, so any loss of ratio is because of that...

Typical just as I went over the 1TB mark too >_<

Has Superman told you he will not hand over the database or is he just not replying? I appreciate you trying to sort a new site out Glen
It's a shame a lot of people probably don't know what's going on unless they found this forum

whisp
09-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Ok , first of all i'm sad to see pp going down !!!

But then again i'm glad to hear some of the staffmembers are willing to make the extra effort to get things going again .
It would be cool tho if the user-database could be recuperated , i know from irc that it is in suppermans possession right now .
So Supperman if u would be so kind to hand it over so we .... can move on ?

Greets Whisp

groovychick
09-16-2010, 02:12 PM
MMMMmmmm i am reading all this in amazement... I have been a member on PP for a while now, and a regular in IRC and to be honest dont think i have ever seen or spoken to Superman, only guy I understood to be boss was Glen, some one that was always around, ready willing and able to help.
From what I understand moves were made to transfer ownership from Superman but in spite and showing what complete disregard he had for the hardworking staff and uploaders on there, he decided to cut n run!!!

It also shows just how much he cared about the loyal members as well, just a money making venture!!!!

He has been approached to try to retrieve the database so the site can continue, but again has spitefully said.. no way.. now does that sound like a guy who gives a toss....no it dont to me either, sounds like a guy that has been caught with his hand in the till!!!

Good Luck Glen and company, got a great staff on there so really hope you make it work and show that idiot how a site should be run!!!

There are two sides of every story, ive never stole a penny from PP if anything pp has cost me a fortune. when enough donations arnt made who do you think pays the bill? ME.... be interesting to see some sort of records!!!!

Glen@DB
09-16-2010, 02:13 PM

Typical just as I went over the 1TB mark too >_<

Has Superman told you he will not hand over the database or is he just not replying? I appreciate you trying to sort a new site out Glen
It's a shame a lot of people probably don't know what's going on unless they found this forum

he refuses to give the DB even though i spent years building up the membership from 5000 when i took over to 10500 as it was before closure...

chester
09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I joined PP after libi shutdown. its was a very good site, my main place for my dl fix.
I never heard of superman until PP closed, the Owner Glen and the staff that made it the Legend that it became.
Superfool needs to stop being the Knobjockey and give the database to the people that worked hard for PeerPortal.

Emirates
09-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the updates, guys..I've been a member for 4 years, and it is very sad to see PP going down..In fact, PP extended the hand of friendship and gave members of another well known tracker (Lib***na) the opportunity to come on-board when that site went down..

This was my main tracker that I felt most comfortable with. The only tracker that I have donated to.. I wish Glen and team well, and am confident that they'll have a replacement site up and running soon.

PS. Glen, I added you as a friend, but cannot PM, since I'm new here too..however, I'm on the IRC, whenever I can..

Hiccup
09-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the updates, guys..I've been a member for 4 years, and it is very sad to see PP going down..In fact, PP extended the hand of friendship and gave members of another well known tracker (Lib***na) the opportunity to come on-board when that site went down..

This was my main tracker that I felt most comfortable with. The only tracker that I have donated to.. I wish Glen and team well, and am confident that they'll have a replacement site up and running soon.

PS. Glen, I added you as a friend, but cannot PM, since I'm new here too..however, I'm on the IRC, whenever I can..

Wow, haven't seen someone from Lib***na in awhile. That place was great. Sad the second time around didn't last longer however.

Dreadit
09-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Cant believe what went wrong here but seems like the peers are being punished for this which is a real downer :(
No warnings at all to this problem and no resolution,sad :(
Well had a great time on the site and think it was one of the best ones around.
Hoping a new one will open soon just like it.
Cheers all and let the good times roll.

If and when the new site opens,please info me,thxs :)

P-chick-P
09-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Here is PP Msn if anyone want to add it, .. And I can keep you upto date ect on the new site ... [email protected]

Also thank you all for your kind words. RIP PP

//Meanchick

Toby
09-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Hi Glen... Not able to PM you yet as i'm a new member on here but was a member of PeerPortal for a few years, loved the site and the staff! especially MeanChick who was always very helpful when a problem came along (which was very rare!). Would love to hear from you if a new site starts up? And would be more than willing to make a donation if you need funds to get it started again. Thanks Toby

On behalf of those of us who donated, participated and benefitted, may I privately mourn the loss of another quality site and ask to be informed if/when the new site is born.

Well said mate!!! I agree with you totally and thanks for giving me the invite to PP in the first place dude.

Dehumanizer
09-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey Glen, I was also offered a membership at PP when libi was closed :-) Please let me know when you'll have something up, thanks and keep up the good work!

P-chick-P
09-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi Glen... Not able to PM you yet as i'm a new member on here but was a member of PeerPortal for a few years, loved the site and the staff! especially MeanChick who was always very helpful when a problem came along (which was very rare!). Would love to hear from you if a new site starts up? And would be more than willing to make a donation if you need funds to get it started again. Thanks Toby

Well said mate!!! I agree with you totally and thanks for giving me the invite to PP in the first place dude.

Thank you very much Toby!

If you would like to add [email protected] your MSN I will be more than happy to keep you in the loop of when site goes live.

Meanchick.

Afterburner001
09-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Sad to hear pp is gone. Keep me posted please MC & Glen.

afterburner.

ac3000
09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Added you as friend. You should also have my email address. Don't forget, I am ready to fully support the board. Contact me ASAP.

Shocker
09-16-2010, 08:13 PM
added you as a friend. cant pm at the moment but please keep me posted

Bluetac
09-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I am gutted, i haven't been as active a member of late but sheesh this is a real shocker to me :(

P-chick-P
09-16-2010, 08:36 PM
I am gutted, i haven't been as active a member of late but sheesh this is a real shocker to me :(

We will be back better than ever soon blue, ... Keep an eye out hun xx

Mc

Bluetac
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks Mc what a shocker
XxX

tillman2503
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
like most of us I just thought pp was having some downtime, then last night the pp is closed window appeared, found this forum today, and like most of us i cant pm you glen so I would be greatful if you let me know about the new site

groovychick
09-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I am sure as soon as any news it will be posted here so keep tuned in and let others know

P-chick-P
09-16-2010, 09:02 PM
There are two sides of every story, ive never stole a penny from PP if anything pp has cost me a fortune. when enough donations arnt made who do you think pays the bill? ME.

Glens problem was that there was money missing from the kitty, but if he used his brain and actually asked me rather than just trying to block me out from my own site and changing paypal accounts behind my back. He would have learnt that paypal charge fees. (Tbh i thought everyone new that) glen seems to think if some one donates a 10$ you get 10$ when it fact you only get $9.30 times this by the 100s of donations that we received over 4 years and your left with a big hole which glen thought i was stealing.

the reason why peerportal is closed is because i dont know who i can trust in my staff anymore. because ii dont know who had a hand in trying to get me out. ultimatly no staff no tracker.

Maybe if you were about, you might have got a chance to get to know the staff, But as you were NEVER involved in the day to day running off peerportal how would you expect to get to know who you can or cant trust.

I think what you did was VERY childish!!! Punishing all the users/doners who made that site what is was, just wasn't on. Also to the staff that put all/alot of there time to make that site what is was.

Maybe we are better off outta it if thats what your like.

You had a cheek to call it "your site" It might have been in your name, .. but deffoo wasnt your site.

Emirates
09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Maybe if you were about, you might have got a chance to get to know the staff, But as you were NEVER involved in the day to day running off peerportal how would you expect to get to know who you can or cant trust.

I think what you did was VERY childish!!! Punishing all the users/doners who made that site what is was, just wasn't on. Also to the staff that put all/alot of there time to make that site what is was.

Maybe we are better off outta it if thats what your like.

You had a cheek to call it "your site" It might have been in your name, .. but deffoo wasnt your site.

Well said..As a member for 4 years and a donor, it took quite a while and a whole lot of dedication to build up a good ratio on this private tracker, only to see it go up in smoke. To close the site with absolutely no notification and no way out shows a pure lack of consideration to the staff and members who helped build up the site.. At least when libi closed down, we were given the option of going over to PP, but now, we are left to fend for ourselves..

karachidude
09-16-2010, 09:45 PM
wow..this trackers has a pretty good following,never used it personally,but nice to c people caring bout the tracker so much :)

Stabber
09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
It's a very good tracker with a nice and friendly community . I hope they manage to come back even better ;)

Champo101
09-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Hey Stabber! You brought me my dream of PP and now a certain someone took that away >:(

Praedictum
09-17-2010, 05:27 AM
i sent mc @ pm on the [email protected]

hit me up i would be happy to donate twords the new pp i was going on like 2 years of membership to :P

Glen@DB
09-17-2010, 08:34 AM
nearly there guys.
soft launch very soon

keep upto date @ pp-irc.hopto.org:6667 #peerportal.org
thats the temp irc for now.

as it stands the login system is fully working using your old name and pass, you just have to wait for the new url :)

Stabber
09-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Wow that was fast ;)

rm24uk
09-17-2010, 10:30 AM
boo

Bluetac
09-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Thats ace news Glen :)

windychris
09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
WoW did not expect that gl glen with the new site send me a pm when your ready and i will gladly help out

karachidude
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
boo

who are u,and y r u booing us..lol

P-chick-P
09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
boo

who are u,and y r u booing us..lol

He's booing at the fact the site is gone hun, .. hes a good pp member :-)

Glen@DB
09-17-2010, 12:32 PM
i think that was more of a boo (you dont scare me) lol

dougydo
09-17-2010, 01:50 PM
SAD DAY! I have been a donor and member with peerportal since the beginning, would love to continue hanging with you guys.

mason94
09-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Here is PP Msn if anyone want to add it, .. And I can keep you upto date ect on the new site ... [email protected]

//Meanchick

Thanks Meanchick. Added the live.co.uk address and look forward to seeing you up and running again quickly. Had a great time on the old site. Thanks for everything

Hiccup
09-17-2010, 03:18 PM
I guess I missed something special after the closing of L****na at PP. I wish I had been there.

Glen@DB
09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I guess I missed something special after the closing of L****na at PP. I wish I had been there.

you can join us when we reopen ;)

WorldlyWise
09-17-2010, 05:06 PM

//Meanchick

nearly there guys.
soft launch very soon

as it stands the login system is fully working using your old name and pass, you just have to wait for the new url :)

Many thanks, I look forward to seeing the new site!.

Hiccup
09-17-2010, 06:42 PM

you can join us when we reopen ;)

Cool. Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to see the new site. By the way, we're you on the ol' L****na? The first incarnation. I didn't spend much time on the second incarnation, but it was done and over pretty quickly sadly.

chet04
09-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey there Glen...sad to see what has happened to the site...peerportal was one of the first private trackers I joined..been about 4 years now and while I haven't been super active in the community the last couple years, I still loved the site and was on at least once a day.

I've added you as friend, hope to be part of the new community when it gets up and running.

Glen@DB
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
ok the domain is live but only with a holding page atm
http://deamonbytes.net
just a day or so b4 the site is up
when the site goes live use the same password you had 1 year ago
sorry its the best we can do for now

bizarre
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
So sad to see pp gone - sure hope you get it up running again.
Glen - I took the liberty to add you as friend
:)
Bizz

PeZ
09-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Hey Glen its HTID from PP very sad man, im not going to ask why because i have read the posts things always get tense when money is involved end of tbh... thats all i want to hear about it now....Keep me updated please as i would love to be part of your site again. Some good times with the PP crowd.

Cobass
09-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Shame about PP, i was a member for at least 2-3 years.

Toby
09-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Glen

I've sent MC some revisions... hope they are what you are looking for?
Ps. Can't wait to see the new site.

Cheers Toby

Glen@DB
09-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the logo's Toby

the server is off line for maintenance at the datacenter http://deamonbytes.net will be open soon

groovychick
09-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Lovin the logo!!!!!!

Toby
09-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Just a small revision to the pitch fork Glen

Thanks for the logo's Toby Your welcome mate

the server is off line for maintenance at the datacenter http://deamonbytes.net will be open soon

Toby
09-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the logo's Toby Your welcome mate, just a quick change to the fork above (I sent MC some different colour options too). Speak later Toby

Champo101
09-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Logo rules!!

Stabber
09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Great job toby !

Toby
09-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Your welcome Glen

Just a small revision to the pitch fork above. Not sure what looks best? Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Cheers
Toby

Stabber
09-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I prefer the second one ;)

Hiccup
09-18-2010, 03:08 PM
The logo's awesome. I kind of prefer the first, though.

Toby
09-18-2010, 03:21 PM
The logo's awesome. I kind of prefer the first, though. Hi Hiccup, is it the colour or the Slant of the pitch fork that you prefer? (If it's the colour then thats probably the difference between computers or pdf's and jpeg's etc.)

Glen@DB
09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
i think this one is winning atm lol, soooooooo hard to choose :)

Quarterquack
09-18-2010, 04:14 PM
You might want to ask the mods here to change your name to Glen@db.

Toby
09-18-2010, 04:23 PM
i think this one is winning atm lol, soooooooo hard to choose :) he he. I know what you mean Glen... It doesn't really help when you have an indecisive logo designer like me!!! Definitely think the slanted pitch fork works though and I prefer the colour of the Red when you upload it (after whatever happens to make it that Red... are you changing it in Photoshop or anything? I could do with the Web-safe colour if you are mate :)

Hiccup
09-18-2010, 04:32 PM
The logo's awesome. I kind of prefer the first, though. Hi Hiccup, is it the colour or the Slant of the pitch fork that you prefer? (If it's the colour then thats probably the difference between computers or pdf's and jpeg's etc.)

I liked the first because it didn't have the slant and I felt it was a nice color combination. The second one with the color revision, black/red slanted picture fork, (the one in Glen's sig) is really nice and I like it now the best instead of the slanted picture that is only white.

anon
09-18-2010, 04:34 PM
"Deamon" Bytes? Is that a spelling I wasn't aware of, or a typo? :)

Yeah, that'd make sense. You can do it by creating a thread in the Report Section.

Champo101
09-18-2010, 04:41 PM
No spelling error. Just spelt that way for a reason I'm not quite sure of ;)

Glen@DB
09-18-2010, 04:41 PM

Yeah, that'd make sense. You can do it by creating a thread in the Report Section.

Deamon is a server program and if you have ever seen our front page you would know why we went down that road
and yea i will be seeing if i can get my name changed just got a lot going on atm, but if any mods are reading pwease pwease can you change to Glen@db lol

anon
09-18-2010, 04:50 PM
OK, thanks for the clarification. I was just wondering :)

Deamon is a server program and if you have ever seen our front page you would know why we went down that road

You mean the "PeerPortal Hosting!" fake login page PP used to have? Then it makes sense now. :lol:

P2PDog
09-18-2010, 05:14 PM

and yea i will be seeing if i can get my name changed just got a lot going on atm, but if any mods are reading pwease pwease can you change to Glen@db lol

It's spelled: Daemon

Glen@DB
09-18-2010, 05:58 PM
ffs i fooked that up
daemon is a server program deamon is just a play on words
thanks for pointing that out P2PDog lol

gunnersmac
09-18-2010, 06:00 PM
MEANCHICK !!!!!! Good to see you lass, its been a while... glad to see you're ok.
Keep me posted please gal !!!

mistygeek
09-18-2010, 07:47 PM
cant believe pp is gone already, i only found it a few months ago! well deamonbytes it is then! oh and wicked logo by the way :)

Enlightened
09-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Just too bad my heart goes out to PP,wonder why most Porn sites NEVER seem to shut down, in fact, I have not heard of any ?

anon
09-18-2010, 08:16 PM
wonder why most Porn sites NEVER seem to shut down, in fact, I have not heard of any ?

Definitely not due to lack of interest :yup:

A
09-18-2010, 08:36 PM
wonder why most Porn sites NEVER seem to shut down, in fact, I have not heard of any ?

Definitely not due to lack of interest :yup:
lol +1

P-chick-P
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
MEANCHICK !!!!!! Good to see you lass, its been a while... glad to see you're ok.

Defoo will hunni. Shouldn't be to long now!

Hope your all good babe talk real soon. x

th0r
09-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I actually have had a folder inside my tracker bookmarks folder for awhile called 'don't use', and it consists of TiT. . .agreed, torrentit should've died and stayed dead

gunnersmac
09-19-2010, 05:25 AM

Defoo will hunni. Shouldn't be to long now!

Hope your all good babe talk real soon. x

Pretty good here babe... had a big move recently, totally across the country here. Still was on PP daily... such a shame. Where ever the staff are, you can count me in. Wish I could PM you my email addy though, but I'm "new here" and don't want to post it.

Champo101
09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
A note to Superasshat:
When I joined the site I looked at the staff page and saw Glen and Superman. When I started to get a little more into the site I thought to myself: Why is Glen so active and Superman I never see? Huh. I mean if they're Co-Owners, why don't they take equal responsibilities now? I wasn't too bothered as I had seen many places with some staff not active. So i first assumed you were away and/or busy with life. That was all good for me. Then after I while I thought, ok. Now this is a little odd. I wonder... but now I see that all that time, you were on PayPal thinking: hmmm, take that, or that. Oooh decisions decisions. Other than that, here's Glen working his ass off for "Your" site like he was your slave while you sat there stealing money. Then when you were questioned about it, OH SHIT. I better dump the site and run. How nice. Caring. Then when you deny it, we can easily see through your lies because we had figured it out long before you made this thread. What I don't understand is why? Why would you go through all that, get caught and lose all what you HELPED create. A great forum, a good userbase, torrents and just a great tracker in general? I just don't understand.

End of my /rant.
:: from the desk of Champo101

Cabalo
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Wicked logo. Two thumbs up.

Quarterquack
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM
A note to Superasshat:
When I joined the site I looked at the staff page and saw Glen and Superman. When I started to get a little more into the site I thought to myself: Why is Glen so active and Superman I never see? Huh. I mean if they're Co-Owners, why don't they take equal responsibilities now? I wasn't too bothered as I had seen many places with some staff not active. So i first assumed you were away and/or busy with life. That was all good for me. Then after I while I thought, ok. Now this is a little odd. I wonder... but now I see that all that time, you were on PayPal thinking: hmmm, take that, or that. Oooh decisions decisions. Other than that, here's Glen working his ass off for "Your" site like he was your slave while you sat there stealing money. Then when you were questioned about it, OH SHIT. I better dump the site and run. How nice. Caring. Then when you deny it, we can easily see through your lies because we had figured it out long before you made this thread. What I don't understand is why? Why would you go through all that, get caught and lose all what you HELPED create. A great forum, a good userbase, torrents and just a great tracker in general? I just don't understand.

End of my /rant.
:: from the desk of Champo101

Maybe he wanted money. Most people live and die hoping to get some. Just a hunch, though.

Champo101
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe he could get a job. I heard people get this 'money' there. Just a hunch though. :lol:

Quarterquack
09-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Maybe he wanted even more. Most people have something called "greed", and that outweighs the benefits of transient, fake online friendships. Just a hunch, though. " :lol: "

Champo101
09-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Definition of Greed:

# excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves
# avarice: reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

# Greed (1924) is a dramatic silent film. It was directed by Erich von Stroheim and starring Gibson Gowland, Zasu Pitts, Jean Hersholt, Dale Fuller, Tempe Pigott, Sylvia Ashton, Chester Conklin, Joan Standing and Jack Curtis.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed_(film)

# Greed is a television game show where a team of contestants answered a series of multiple-choice trivia questions for a potential prize of up to $2 Million ($4 Million during the five Super Greed episodes). On the US version, the largest prizes were annuities, rather than cash. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed_(game_show)

# Greed is a novel by Elfriede Jelinek. It was the first novel of hers to be translated into English after winning the Nobel Prize for Literature, and also the first book of hers to be translated into English in seven years.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed_(novel)

# Superman
hehhe :lol:

che
09-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Any news yet abour new site?

Champo101
09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Tis getting there afaik. Standby for more details.

A
09-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Maybe he could get a job. I heard people get this 'money' there. Just a hunch though. :lol:
As if that is easy.

Glen@DB
09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
ac3000 i cant seem to pm you. contact us on msn buddy

to everyone else
the site is in its testing stage and should be live very very soon. just keep checking @ http://deamonbytes.net

cableguy25
09-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Glenn can't wait for the site!

Glen@DB
09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
deamonbytes.net is now open for signups

Sadistic666
09-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Nice one glen. Do old usernames/passwords work? not sure if i read that a few pages back.

Glen@DB
09-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Nice one glen. Do old usernames/passwords work? not sure if i read that a few pages back.

yes they do
your password must be atleast 1 year old or you can do a password recovery

mrmac72
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
It's with a tear in my eye that PP is now closed. Thank you to all the staff and members that made the site.

Glen@DB
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
mrmac72 we are open again now @ http://deamobytes.net come join us buddy

Cabalo
09-22-2010, 02:55 PM
The site appears to be temporarily down.

anon
09-22-2010, 04:03 PM

It's working here. Note Glen misspelled the URL in post #125. :)

Cabalo
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM

It's working here. Note Glen misspelled the URL in post #125. :)

Doh. :pinch:

Hiccup
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Awesome! Just signed up! As they say in NOLA, let the good times roll!

Quarterquack
09-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Congratulations on getting your new site up. :)

Just as a tip, keep all staff members in the loop when it comes to expenses. That's a recipe for avoiding failure, if I ever saw one.

Dasha67
09-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi all, im an old pp member too,i cant seem to login,comes up with "invalid address" but the first page (http://deamonbytes.net/login.php) does come up.Anu ideas?

Champo101
09-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Are you sure you're using your password from 1 year ago? If you can't remember it, do a recover.

Dasha67
09-23-2010, 03:33 AM
it comes up with "the address is not valid"aswell

P-chick-P
09-23-2010, 11:51 AM
it comes up with "the address is not valid"aswell

Should be no probs getting in hun.

Link : http://www.deamonbytes.net/

Dreadit
09-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Site must be down tried login in and pass recovery,get nothing :(
The address is not valid it says :(

Glen@DB
09-23-2010, 02:44 PM

maybe we lost your account, try signing up with a new account

che
09-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Is site down at mo? Cannot connect

Dreadit
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM

Tried signing up with new account and The address is not valid?
Got me on this and tried 3 diff comps.
I must be cursed :(
lol

Dannysubaru
09-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Personally i was invited to peerportal years ago and found the site great for the first few weeks but then beat invited me to the tracker torrent damage and then peerportal just got shelved. then i went back to try and help the community after buying a seed box i quickly seeded my torrents back to 2 but 8/10 times there system wouldn't recognize i had uploaded even tho i had screen shots of the torrentflux server after that i was finished with that shitty site so what if superman was stealing donations its his fucking site. the thing that ruined it fore me was that the staff were acting like typical asshole mods just waiting to catch you hit and run. and the hit and run bullshit what is that all ABOUT as long as i have a good ratio wtf is the problem and i do i have 3TB up on bitsoup 200gb down and the same on bitgamer, ip torrents, torrent damage etc etc dont bother making another site as it wont be the site that will be a let down it will be YOU Glen because your a Shit site runner

P-chick-P
09-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Is site down at mo? Cannot connect

Yes hun, will be back up ASAP

Tried signing up with new account and The address is not valid?
Got me on this and tried 3 diff comps.
I must be cursed :(
lol

We will get u sorted hun, dont worrie. hehe

Glen@DB
09-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Personally i was invited to peerportal years ago and found the site great for the first few weeks but then beat invited me to the tracker torrent damage and then peerportal just got shelved. then i went back to try and help the community after buying a seed box i quickly seeded my torrents back to 2 but 8/10 times there system wouldn't recognize i had uploaded even tho i had screen shots of the torrentflux server after that i was finished with that shitty site so what if superman was stealing donations its his fucking site. the thing that ruined it fore me was that the staff were acting like typical asshole mods just waiting to catch you hit and run. and the hit and run bullshit what is that all ABOUT as long as i have a good ratio wtf is the problem and i do i have 3TB up on bitsoup 200gb down and the same on bitgamer, ip torrents, torrent damage etc etc dont bother making another site as it wont be the site that will be a let down it will be YOU Glen because your a Shit site runner

LOL what a retard
its the memebers site you thick twat
you need to learn how to setup a seedbox you thick twat
i was the owner you thick twat
10500 other members would disagree with your opinion of the staff you thick twat
monitoring hit and runs is done for a reason you thick twat
the new site is ratioless you thick twat
and what would you know about running a tracker as your just a thick twat, Oh and a disgruntled banned user.

your mom

Disme
09-24-2010, 08:48 AM
What's a 'you thick twat' ... something one uses as interpunction instead of '.' at the end of a sentence :wacko:

A
09-24-2010, 08:50 AM

LOL what a retard
10500 other members would disagree with your opinion of the staff you thick twat
and what would you know about running a tracker as your just a thick twat, Oh and a disgruntled banned user.

your mom
I was waiting to see how someone from pp would react to that comment.And it turned out to be an immature response,unlike the mature posts till before displayed by everyone.It seems it is very easy to get under your skin heh.

Anyway,I just wanted to say good luck to the new tracker.

Glen@DB
09-24-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL what a retard

your mom
I was waiting to see how someone from pp would react to that comment.And it turned out to be an immature response,unlike the mature posts till before displayed by everyone.It seems it is very easy to get under your skin heh.

sheesh get a sense of humor!

P-chick-P
09-24-2010, 09:01 AM
LOL what a retard

your mom

To be fair, there was no need whats so ever for Dannysubaru remarks.

As for the part about super stealing donations was ok cos it was his site? .. It WASNT his money!!! So NO Its not ok!

Disme
09-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Héhé ... I see Aby, I smell drama :)

A
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Héhé ... I see Aby, I smell drama :)
oh well ... nvm

Dasha67
09-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Is the site back up yet? i still cant get in

P-chick-P
09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Is the site back up yet? i still cant get in

Yeah site is now back up and running

Intr4ns1t
09-24-2010, 03:32 PM

sheesh get a sense of humor!

Sheesh, get some humility! A little bit of observational critique and you take offense? This has been a remarkably tame thread for here, due to you having patience, and then you went and got all offended over 1's and 0's. I guess you want more attention for your site then? Is this thread not rabid enough for you to play the "we're way better than them" card yet?

He even wished you good luck, and didn't curse once, so, I think I will not wish you good luck, as you guys and gals seem to think you've got it all figured out, much as so many sites seem to do when they get created. I know you guys think you're a rebirth of PP, but you're following an act that appears to have booed themselves off the stage, so don't get in line for your Oscar's just yet.

IdolEyes787
09-24-2010, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Dannysubaru;3512859] then i went back to try and help the community after buying a seed box

I think that was the part that was the biggest joke.:rolleyes:

Btw in all seriousness and even though I'm sure somebody will give me shit for this , are you people typing on cellphones or something so that it's too much bother to capitalize and punctuate where appropriate ? :unsure:
I mean we all make mistakes grammatically but shouldn't you at least be making an attempt?
Doubly so if you aren't English as a first language.

Cameron360
09-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Hey guys,

I was completely shocked to see the site go! PP was my first tracker, and pretty much the only thing i used...I had a damn good ratio to, lol. Im pretty stoked to have found this forum and learned of the new site coming along. I may have misread a bit, it 2am right now, but is the new site already up? When i try to login or create a new account, i get "address is not valid" and the url looks like this "http:///create_account.php" which im guessing is the issue? I am using my password from more then a year ago. Also ive been having a heck of a time getting into the IRC channel, i have little experience there. If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it :)

Dasha67
09-25-2010, 09:17 AM
i just logged into http://www.deamonbytes.net/ with firefox,but with internet explorer it comes up with invalid page,anyone know why?

Dannysubaru
09-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Hit a nerve have i glen il let all your peerportal fanboys lick his ring on deamon bytes which looks like it already bites and thick twat? me why because when you first met me i had no clue on torrenting but now i do your opinion means nothing im not the idiot who let some guy steal my donation and it only took 4 years to find out and im stupid? lol get a life you sad twat no 1 is interested in your cyberlife! FREAK!. o I JUST noticed you banned me too WOW! is that your intensive power Glen! It isnt hard to create a new account on a shit site with OPEN! Signups!?!?! YOUR Momma! Also id just like to wonder why you think your Amazing because you can set up a torrent site? im pretty sure theres millions of people on this earth that can do it your nothing special Mate and hopefully will get hit by a bus someday

P-chick-P
09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey guys,

I was completely shocked to see the site go! PP was my first tracker, and pretty much the only thing i used...I had a damn good ratio to, lol. Im pretty stoked to have found this forum and learned of the new site coming along. I may have misread a bit, it 2am right now, but is the new site already up? When i try to login or create a new account, i get "address is not valid" and the url looks like this "http:///create_account.php" which im guessing is the issue? I am using my password from more then a year ago. Also ive been having a heck of a time getting into the IRC channel, i have little experience there. If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it :)

Heya Cameron hun ;)

Link is http://www.deamonbytes.net

If you keep having probs hun Im on MSN @ [email protected] add and I will get you sorted hun.

//Mc

Cameron360
09-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Works in Google Chrome as well. Im fine with that as long as i can get in, lol :D
i just logged into http://www.deamonbytes.net/ with firefox,but with internet explorer it comes up with invalid page,anyone know why?

anon
09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Cameron360, try this link to create an account:
http://www.deamonbytes.net/create_account.php

Dasha67, the site works for me when using IE, although its CSS stylesheet doesn't seem to kick in.

Glen@DB
09-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Hit a nerve have i glen il let all your peerportal fanboys lick his ring on deamon bytes which looks like it already bites and thick twat? me why because when you first met me i had no clue on torrenting but now i do your opinion means nothing im not the idiot who let some guy steal my donation and it only took 4 years to find out and im stupid? lol get a life you sad twat no 1 is interested in your cyberlife! FREAK!. o I JUST noticed you banned me too WOW! is that your intensive power Glen! It isnt hard to create a new account on a shit site with OPEN! Signups!?!?! YOUR Momma! Also id just like to wonder why you think your Amazing because you can set up a torrent site? im pretty sure theres millions of people on this earth that can do it your nothing special Mate and hopefully will get hit by a bus someday

Mate what is your problem?.
I said "thick twat" because everything you said was totally wrong.
It didn't take me 4 years to find out, I had my suspicions but when you don't have access to someone else's paypal account what can you do?.
As regards to the banned comment i was referring to being banned from peerportal so your more than welcome to signup to DB if you so wish.
I don't remember ever implying that i was "amazing" so i have no idea what that comment was about?.
No you didn't hit a nerve but it seems i have, You can slag me off as much as you like mate this is just the internet and it has no effect on me what so ever.
This will be last time i respond to any mindless rants but if anybody can add any educated comments or suggestions i am always willing to converse with you.

Dannysubaru
09-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Very professional response il at least show dignity and just leave this rant where it stands regards and good luck for the future but il stick to my regulars

gunnersmac
09-30-2010, 03:56 AM
All drama aside... I couldn't care less about PP... I DO care about its staff. The members make the site, no doubt. Glad to see all the decent staff members carried over to the new place. I just tried logging in, and it looks GREAT so far.
Big thanks to ALL the new staff... especially Meanchick. She's been watching out for me (and many others I'm sure) for quite a while now. I'm behind you guys, and your new site, 110%.

Dreadit
10-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Yaa thats the problem i am having with Explorer :(
Dooohhh,trying firefox :)

vengence
11-09-2010, 07:06 PM
H guys found this thered also while trying to find out why I coudnt get into the site! miss the site, as one of the only sites where I donated and also had a good ratio at.

please let us now the new info!

Cheers

Stu

anon
11-09-2010, 07:10 PM
please let us now the new info!

PP's "successor" is up.

http://www.deamonbytes.net/