PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Help! I Got To Dj A Party

Spindulik
11-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Don't move this link to the MUSIC world. I don't have a specific MUSIC question. I have a feeling that most people there can't answer the question like the people here.

I am completely horrible with names of songs and the artists.

I got to provide music for a birthday party for my boss's 60 year old wife. Most of the guests are that age too.

So I need a list of SLOW songs, and songs to dance to from the 50' 60' 70' some 80's. I need 4 hours of music, and then some.

Does anyone know of a list that I can use to find my own songs. A list of the popular song for old folk's birthdays.

I am desperate. Anything will help me. So far I have just randomly grabbed songs off of Kazaa and a lot of them good, but many are questionable.

Skweeky
11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Why don't you just try google for 'best of the '60' or something? I'm sure you'll get loads of lists :)

Gemby!
11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
60 year olds can dance ??

wow

im too young to know these things !

internet.news
11-04-2003, 10:05 PM
you mean list of good songs from specific years?

I only know a good site with well song lists on kind of music - on
audiogalaxy.com are top ten list of best country, rock and so on...
... but i think that is not this :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://internet-news.gmxhome.de/share.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spindulik
11-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks!

I am not looking for actual songs to download. Just songs (the names) that the older crowd likes. And probably a lot of SLOW songs.

muchspl2
11-04-2003, 10:08 PM
time life best of 60-70-80 , think dick clark was whoring them sometime ago

djweiser
11-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@4 November 2003 - 22:07
Thanks!

I am not looking for actual songs to download. Just songs (the names) that the older crowd likes. And probably a lot of SLOW songs.
just because there old, dont mean they only want slow songs. u play slow songs all night and there gonna fall asleep, its a party. people want a boogie WHATEVER AGE!

but dont get playing kevil little, sean paul cuz they wont go down well with 60s year olds! :P

oldmancan
11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Spindulik should I PM you a screenshot of my shared folder? Might be too old, my music that is. j/k

Seriously, try searching here (http://www.acclaimedmusic.net/). You should be able to find some good music suitable for your project.

:beerchug: omc

edit: spelling

Spider_dude
11-04-2003, 11:17 PM
shit where is n*tweiser when you need him?
i'm sure he would have made you up a custom mix for your doo.

Stepp Savage
11-04-2003, 11:53 PM
internet.news / is that a pic of you or just a chick you dig?

Jayhawk
11-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@4 November 2003 - 15:56
Don't move this link to the MUSIC world. I don't have a specific MUSIC question. I have a feeling that most people there can't answer the question like the people here.

I am completely horrible with names of songs and the artists.

I got to provide music for a birthday party for my boss's 60 year old wife. Most of the guests are that age too.

So I need a list of SLOW songs, and songs to dance to from the 50' 60' 70' some 80's. I need 4 hours of music, and then some.

Does anyone know of a list that I can use to find my own songs. A list of the popular song for old folk's birthdays.

I am desperate. Anything will help me. So far I have just randomly grabbed songs off of Kazaa and a lot of them good, but many are questionable.
from a musicworld chap i am hurt by this :(

Spindulik
11-05-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by KwahyaJ@4 November 2003 - 19:57
from a musicworld chap i am hurt by this :(
No offense please, I assumed that people from MusicWorld look for hashes and actual downloads. Where as I am looking for information on names and artists of the older crowd. But if the Musicworld can help I would deeply appreciate it.

Somebody said I am looking for too many slow song. The last time I DJ'd a party for a 50 year old person, people complained that I didn't have enough slow songs. (I did play a few Chemical Brothers songs too many).

Jayhawk
11-05-2003, 12:59 AM
try searching musicworld for dj music and things i cant think of any topics off my head but there are some... might help

Evil Gemini
11-05-2003, 01:27 AM
She is sad because she wants people to share more files ?

http://internet-news.gmxhome.de/share.JPG

Sorry i cant offer you any advise for 60's music. Maybe you should download a few and see what you like and im sure they will like it too.

They were young just like us!

sparsely
11-05-2003, 01:30 AM
shit, play anything. They probably can't hear it anyway.