PDA

View Full Version : What.CD

The Flying Cow
09-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Is the freeleech still on?

I have had some difficulty interpreting the most recent News Update.

A simple yes or no would suffice.

Cheers,

anon
09-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes. (Last thing I heard is that new torrents would be freeleech for six hours after the initial upload, and looking at the browse page, that appears to persist)

1000possibleclaws
09-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Is the freeleech still on?

I have had some difficulty interpreting the most recent News Update.

A simple yes or no would suffice.

Cheers,

A simple Go check a new torrent, and see if its marked with 'freeleech' or not, would suffice.

ps I've gotten like 30 gigs upload from partial seeding new appz, without a seedbox :D

1000possibleclaws
09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I also mass uploaded a bunch of punx to get the 'Elite' forum (kind of a let down), because alot of ppl are autodownloading so even if they are obscure torrents they may not die.

Partial seed the rar'd >1gig uploads as soon as they get uploaded. There's normally one or two on the first 50 torrents page.

bijoy
09-16-2010, 07:32 PM
why please?

Funkin'
09-16-2010, 07:40 PM
ps I've gotten like 30 gigs upload from partial seeding new appz, without a seedbox :D

What's your upload speed? I've upped maybe 2GB's this whole time. But then again I'm only grabbing music that is of interest to me. I'm not grabbing a bunch shit that i'm never going to use. Perhaps I should start doing that...

Although I already have a nice buffer(nothing like a kukushka buffer though), What is just one of those type of sites that enough is never enough considering how hard it is to seed anything back.

1000possibleclaws
09-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Make that 40 gigs now aha

Peaking at around 1megabyte per second, but I think my University throttles it during some hours of the daytime, so it's normally around like 50-350kbps, or maybe 500kbps at the start of a big torrent. Still pretty amazing in my books.

I haven't grabbed any freeleech music except some notification uploads I'd get anyways, cause like, seedbox scripts will get all the upload from the new music anyways.

What is just one of those type of sites that enough is never enough considering how hard it is to seed anything back.

I know eh? But now I've got a ratio of 3 and almost 100 gigs of buffer; I doubt I will ever run into ratio problems unless I migrate to FLAC

Funkin'
09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
That is very amazing(at least in my books too). I cap out around 63kb/s. So anything over that I'm always in awe of.

I tried partial seeding an app torrent(almost a GB in size) and didn't really get shit off of it. Not even a couple hundred MB. But it was a few hours old, I'll try to get one when it's fresh.

1000possibleclaws
09-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Keep in mind Whatcd's peer stats are not accurate, so if it's 2 hours old with 0-1 seeders, in reality it may be 30 seeders (who auto'd it), and 10 or so partial leechers, most who have stopped leeching. I personally wouldn't even bother spending download traffic if its past the first page, when there are so many opportunities that get uploaded

edit: "Apple Final Cut Studio 3" is still new, it's 12 gigs, and its downloading decently (200kbps). I'd hop on that and seed a couple of the iso's, it'll give a fair share of credits back if you get on soon

anon
09-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Keep in mind Whatcd's peer stats are not accurate, so if it's 2 hours old with 0-1 seeders, in reality it may be 30 seeders (who auto'd it)

Their connectability checker isn't that great, also. :P

The speed the seedbox whores can grab torrents at can be shocking. When you're re-uploading Scene rips, it's almost as if they were directly cross-seeding the files. :dry:

ca_aok
09-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Keep in mind Whatcd's peer stats are not accurate, so if it's 2 hours old with 0-1 seeders, in reality it may be 30 seeders (who auto'd it)

Their connectability checker isn't that great, also. :P

The speed the seedbox whores can grab torrents at can be shocking. When you're re-uploading Scene rips, it's almost as if they were directly cross-seeding the files. :dry:
Thank pyWhatAuto for that :o