PDA

View Full Version : the bolt

carlangas
09-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone:
a friend just told me about this bolt site and he says is the best I don't know and for what he says is impossible to get registered but I gues registrations are open.
http://bolt.org/board/register.php
in case anyone thinks is true n wanna registered.

chalice
09-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi!!

Your mum's cunt tastes like pineapples.

IdolEyes787
09-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone:
a friend just told me about this bolt site and he says is the best I don't know and for what he says is impossible to get registered but I gues registrations are open.
http://bolt.org/board/register.php
in case anyone thinks is true n wanna registered.

The best what? Please clarify because as far I can tell it's just another forum with more or less exactly the same sort of insipid forum kind of stuff that you can find both here and at 14,893,241 other places.

P2PDog
09-18-2010, 10:54 PM
It sounds a little more intelligible coming from someone who actually knows what it is, and who doesn't think it's some kind of exclusive site, which it's not..

http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/09/boltorg-now-open-for-registration-huge.html

It's a DDL forum that has about a half million members and was open signup until they closed it recently. It's open again now. Hardly what I'd consider "impossible to get registered" :lol:

gamesover
09-22-2010, 03:11 AM
But does it offer anything warez-bb, forumw, silentground, katz forum, etc don't have?

P2PDog
09-22-2010, 04:13 AM
I've had occasions where I've searched for something and it's been on one forum, and not the other, but for the most part they serve the same stuff.

It's an open forum, sign up and have a look for yourself.

mh1313
06-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Bolt works good for USA, where a lot of NON-Rapidshare hosts are unusable. Bolt,cd = Bolt.org = Rapid.org is mostly RS now. The now-closed, members-only section contains well-grouped and well-updated links. Bolt.cd works well because the users are dedicated to their threads and organize categories logically with good descriptions and quick updates. Bolt may be unique in this aspect.
But lots of reliability issues. Last week, a bot attack disabled the whole site for several hours deleted some unrecoverable posts (some were mine).
Full disclosure: I was recently banned from Bolt recently for criticizing their internal SE, which they themselves admit as broken (http://bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?t=746682): "Please do not make any more threads asking what is wrong with it, as these will be deleted from now on."
They not only banned me, they deleted everything associated with my account -- posts and all ... I was a big-time Thanks-er -- all lost (other's lost my Thanks notices) because a few Bolt mods are super-touchy and like to "micro-moderate" and play Ubermench ad libitum.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Full disclosure: I was recently banned from Bolt recently for criticizing their internal SE, which they themselves admit as broken (http://bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?t=746682): "Please do not make any more threads asking what is wrong with it, as these will be deleted from now on."
They not only banned me, they deleted everything associated with my account -- posts and all ... I was a big-time Thanks-er -- all lost (other's lost my Thanks notices) because a few Bolt mods are super-touchy and like to "micro-moderate" and play Ubermench ad libitum.

Shocking that a filesharing site would be run by teens and the power mad or as may apply ,power mad teens.

ckrit
06-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh, god. Not the thankses. All those clicks for nothing. I don't see how the internets can survive it, tbh.

I blame society.

mh1313
06-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Thx for your responses thusfar.

I partly take some responsibility for the Bolt ban: I was far too trusting. In the year or so I was on Bolt, I may have posted only 20x, but they were all long, thought-out posts on subjects such as how to build and tweak internal forum SEs which, again, Bolt has huge issues with. And a few days ago, I replied to some one with HDD problems, commenting on better HDD brands and cleaner AC voltage being important factors. So ... 20 long, meaty, non-vulgar posts. Maybe, some of the mods -- several who deleted msgs at the drop of a hat w/o much justifying reason for their actions -- saw such posts as mine as some sort of existential threat to their INDIVIDUAL and LEGACY rulership (I never want/wanted that job!). Moderators' monarchy -- as I like to call it -- is a pathology ... and spreads like cancer.

That said, the ban was a good lesson in several important ways -- kinda like Nietzsche's pithy aphorism: "what does not kill me makes me stronger". I had to look for alternate forums/sources for files (my posting here on firesharingtalk.com is a direct result of the Bolt ban). And, indeed, I found pretty much all that come to depend on from Bolt: Rapidshare-hosted files for TV documentaries (for other interests, like ebooks and music, Bolt was NEVER even a minor source [compared to major players such as avaxhome or, for classical music -- a personal interest -- boxset.ru or various private Blogspot blogs].
BTW: although Bolt.cd deleted ALL traces of my account, I had several browser tabs, with various Bolt (members-only pages w/my username/messages shown clearly.) OPEN!!! I screen-captured as much as I could and am working on an independent Blog project to detail what happened. It may go viral ;)

mh1313
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
But lots of reliability issues. Last week, a bot attack disabled the whole site for several hours deleted some unrecoverable posts (some were mine).A bit more on this from my orig. comment...
First, those bot attacks were/are not all that uncommon. This was what we saw as the disruption:

Database error
The Bolt.cd database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the bolt.cd home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The bolt.cd forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
State/Media-corporation-sponsored Flame/Stuxnet-style attack? ... or by someone in my shoes -- just an outspoken file-sharer who wanted a slightly smoother internal SE, and got banned. But I was only a small-time file downloader with 20 posted comments. I can't imagine a major Bolt user -- who pissed off the Bolt mods, resulting not only in a vanished account, but a loss of income, etc. Yeah, those bot attacks seem a bit more "explainable" now.
Also noted (and as most of you are already aware) is the fact that you have to be an approved member to gain access to the important fileshare posts. Some would argue that this added layer protects them from the "big-bad govt & corporatocracy" who want to find/delete file-host links. This is a legitimate excuse that I partly agree with .... BUT, avaxhome is totally open to downloaders. And even Google respects them somewhat by indexing avaxhome (you can Google-find file-shared files posted on avaxhome with surprisingly high SERP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_results_page)) All this may point to a simple fact: If you're good and respected file-sharer, like avaxhome, you don't need to hide.

manker
06-12-2012, 07:48 PM
tl;dr

Can you write something funny about your experiences with small children or ethnic minorities or even bicycles instead.
thx in advance.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:30 PM
tl;dr

Can you write something funny about your experiences with small children or ethnic minorities or even bicycles instead.
thx in advance.

You weren't here for my beginnings, but it started out pretty much the same way :/
It's eery how quickly you drew a connection.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:33 PM
BTW: although Bolt.cd deleted ALL traces of my account, I had several browser tabs, with various Bolt (members-only pages w/my username/messages shown clearly.) OPEN!!! I screen-captured as much as I could and am working on an independent Blog project to detail what happened. It may go viral ;)

I haven't met anyone on here as petty as me, so my instinct is to think you're an original account. I approve of the upcoming blog, fuck anyone that bitches about it otherwise. Especially SunriseEmu

mh1313
06-12-2012, 09:41 PM
tl;dr

thx in advance.Funny you mentioned bicycles. That's part of what I do for a living: create and admin bicycle websites. I recently researched and wrote an article on how chain-saw oil is a cheap and effective substitute for high-priced Teflon-based bicycle chain lubes.
Does that meet your requirements?

mh1313
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM

I haven't met anyone on here as petty as me, so my instinct is to think you're an original account. I approve of the upcoming blog, fuck anyone that bitches about it otherwise. Especially SunriseEmuI'm actually hoping bolt and I can settle things "out of court" -- which effectively kills all the interesting drama ;)
Thx for the support ... and I'll keep y'all updated.

manker
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
tl;dr

thx in advance.Funny you mentioned bicycles. That's part of what I do for a living: create and admin bicycle websites. I recently researched and wrote an article on how chain-saw oil is a cheap and effective substitute for high-priced Teflon-based bicycle chain lubes.
:lol:
No but it's absolutely fantastic in a different way.

manker
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
tl;dr

thx in advance.

You weren't here for my beginnings, but it started out pretty much the same way :/
It's eery how quickly you drew a connection.I'm disallowing that.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
tl;dr

Strangely when some mentions cycling ,website designer isn't the first thing that springs to mind.

mh1313
06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Funny you mentioned bicycles. That's part of what I do for a living: create and admin bicycle websites. I recently researched and wrote an article on how chain-saw oil is a cheap and effective substitute for high-priced Teflon-based bicycle chain lubes.
Strangely when some mentions cycling ,website designer isn't the first thing that springs to mind.

Ahh ... on my Trek, i've got an iPhone mount on the handlebar. My iPhone has a WYSIWYG web-design (HTML) app. As far as the cycling part ... "Look ma, no hands" ;)

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
It's eery how quickly you drew a connection.I'm disallowing that.

That's not Erie.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Ahh ... on my Trek, i've got an iPhone mount on the handlebar. My iPhone has a WYSIWYG web-design (HTML) app.

You'd probably be shocked as to how much every fibre of my being is glad that I don't understand a word of that.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Actually, nevermind, it is. You're opting for more vowels.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Ahh ... on my Trek, i've got an iPhone mount on the handlebar. My iPhone has a WYSIWYG web-design (HTML) app.

You'd probably be shocked as to how much every fibre of my being is glad that I don't understand a word of that.

A case of WYSIWYDG

manker
06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Actually, nevermind, it is. You're opting for more vowels.Rebelling against muh roots.

Barbarossa
06-13-2012, 08:30 AM
tl;dr

:blink:

What the shuddering fuck, we've got another bike nerd?

mh1313
06-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Bolt works good for USA, where a lot of NON-Rapidshare hosts are unusable. Bolt,cd = Bolt.org = Rapid.org is mostly RS now. The now-closed, members-only section contains well-grouped and well-updated links. Bolt.cd works well because the users are dedicated to their threads and organize categories logically with good descriptions and quick updates. Bolt may be unique in this aspect.Forgot to note one other redeeming feature: NO ADS. Dunno how Bolt funds itself -- e.g., private donations, etc -- but ads are distracting and all those 'scripts suck up CPU cycles.
Alas, this does not make up for all the baddies...
I noted that banned members simply disappear (no "Banned" label appears after-the-fact, tho' that used to be the case). This means threads, posts, replies and THANKS's (as prev. noted) all vanish. Imagine a long, important thread started by a banned member -- with lots of contributions by non-banned -- simply vanishing. But you don't have to be banned to suffer ... even as an active member, I had posts edited or deleted W/O any sort of notification. I have screen captures as proof!
And the govt. over there (http://bolt.cd/board/showgroups.php) -- a population and culture of power-tripping, gods-playing way-too-many Mods (http://bolt.cd/board/showgroups.php) -- completely PLAYS DUMB.
Many current Bolt members have noted missing and reducing THANKSes in their posts. And none of the Mods have chimed in about bans being a primary reason. Want proof? Here is recent Bold.cd thread entitled "Thanks reduced (http://bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?t=745843)". Extrapolating, based on the number of "disappearing bans", one may reason that it's OPEN SEASON for banning on Bolt. Maybe they do it for the sport ... because of the thrill ... because they're bored. And of course, "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." So the game-park is well protected.
If you are a current and active Bolt member, do not post on this topic openly on Bolt. Your post will vanish, you may be banned. You may try PMing your CLOSE friends over there. But careful: my ban was mostly based on a philosophical PM with one of the SuperMods (I have supporting screen captures, which I will post on the upcoming, dedicated Blog). What you may want to do is PM your close Bolt friends about this post/thread.

The majority of the Bolt membership is an important and deserving group of file-sharers. And they deserve better. Otherwise, I would not bother with these long-winded posts.

manker
06-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Bolt works good for USA, where a lot of NON-Rapidshare hosts are unusable. Bolt,cd = Bolt.org = Rapid.org is mostly RS now. The now-closed, members-only section contains well-grouped and well-updated links. Bolt.cd works well because the users are dedicated to their threads and organize categories logically with good descriptions and quick updates. Bolt may be unique in this aspect.Forgot to note one other redeeming feature: NO ADS. Dunno how Bolt funds itself -- e.g., private donations, etc -- but ads are distracting and all those 'scripts suck up CPU cycles.
Alas, this does not make up for all the baddies...
I noted that banned members simply disappear (no "Banned" label appears after-the-fact, tho' that used to be the case). This means threads, posts, replies and THANKS's (as prev. noted) all vanish. Imagine a long, important thread started by a banned member -- with lots of contributions by non-banned -- simply vanishing. But you don't have to be banned to suffer ... even as an active member, I had posts edited or deleted W/O any sort of notification. I have screen captures as proof!
And the govt. over there (http://bolt.cd/board/showgroups.php) -- a population and culture of power-tripping, gods-playing way-too-many Mods (http://bolt.cd/board/showgroups.php) -- completely PLAYS DUMB.
Many current Bolt members have noted missing and reducing THANKSes in their posts. And none of the Mods have chimed in about bans being a primary reason. Want proof? Here is recent Bold.cd thread entitled "Thanks reduced (http://bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?t=745843)". Extrapolating, based on the number of "disappearing bans", one may reason that its OPEN SEASON for banning on Bolt. Maybe the Mods for the sport ... because of the thrill ... because they're bored. And of course, "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." So the game-park is well protected.
If you are a current and active Bolt member, do not post on this topic openly on Bolt. Your post will vanish, you may be banned. You may try PMing your CLOSE friends over there. But careful: my ban was mostly based on a philosophical PM with one of the SuperMods (I have supporting screen captures, which I will post on the upcoming, dedicated Blog). What you may want to do is PM your close Bolt friends about this post/thread.

The majority of the Bolt membership is an important and deserving group of file-sharers. And they deserve better. Otherwise, I would not bother with these long-winded posts.Dewd, you should stick around.
You can get stuff in lots of different places and this forum points out a lot of them. It really is above average if you look at only the plus points.

Let it go.
Mods basically suck bawls. This is a common theme which runs through most sites and one no sane person should ever worry about.

Which brings me directly onto my next point which rather neatly ties in with my first.
I banned the last mentalist we had and we need a new one :mellow:

IdolEyes787
06-13-2012, 10:24 PM
The internet is kept afloat by people with grudges.I used to think it was hamsters on those little wheels that generated the power but no it's grudges.

mh1313
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Mods basically suck bawls. This is a common theme which runs through most sites and one no sane person should ever worry about.It may be a few bad-apple mods that ruin it for the majority. Maybe there needs to be an "Occupy Moderatorship" WITHIN the clan ;)

manker
06-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Mods basically suck bawls. This is a common theme which runs through most sites and one no sane person should ever worry about.It may be a few bad-apple mods that ruin it for the majority. Maybe there needs to be an "Occupy Moderatorship" WITHIN the clan ;)They'd never put up with it. I say 'they' but I mean 'we'. I'm corrupted already. But your idea, as well intentioned as is it is, wouldn't work.

At least not for me. I'd feel less of a man without my tiny vestige of internets power, even for a moment. I'd start over-eating or rocking gently while Coldplay inexplicably resonated throughout my wankpit.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Mods basically suck bawls. This is a common theme which runs through most sites and one no sane person should ever worry about.It may be a few bad-apple mods that ruin it for the majority. Maybe there needs to be an "Occupy Moderatorship" WITHIN the clan ;)

Or just continue protesting until you end up at a place where they still haven't managed to ban you. I almost want to believe this is my last stop.

mh1313
06-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Just noted this thread is in:
Off-Topic Discussions and Support > Lounge
Not sure how or why OP categorized it as "Off-Topic". Can we move it to:

File Sharing Discussions and Support > File Sharing
http://filesharingtalk.com/forums/8-File-Sharing

I see there is another somewhat topically-similar "Password for Bolt.cd" thread already there, so this one will fit right in.
Thanks!

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:26 AM
Just noted this thread is in:
Off-Topic Discussions and Support > Lounge
Not sure how or why OP categorized it as "Off-Topic". Can we move it to:

File Sharing Discussions and Support > File Sharing
http://filesharingtalk.com/forums/8-File-Sharing

I see there is another somewhat topically-similar "Password for Bolt.cd" thread already there, so this one will fit right in.
Thanks!

I would think it's too old by now, what would be the point?

manker
06-15-2012, 12:33 AM
OP didn't catagorise it as off-topic, it was moved by a mod because it went off topic.

I can't really move it back for the same reason.

mh1313
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
OP didn't catagorise it as off-topic, it was moved by a mod because it went off topic.

I can't really move it back for the same reason.Sorry, I'm new around here so I can legitimately claim ignorance: So why is "Password for Bolt.cd" On-Topic?

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 12:50 AM

I can't really move it back for the same reason.Sorry, I'm new around here so I can legitimately claim ignorance: So why is "Password for Bolt.cd" On-Topic?

Because it was generally uninteresting.

manker
06-15-2012, 12:57 AM

I can't really move it back for the same reason.Sorry, I'm new around here so I can legitimately claim ignorance: So why is "Password for Bolt.cd" On-Topic?No need to apologise.
Both original posts would be on-topic. It's just that this one went off-topic and got moved here, it's still off topic and that's why it shouldn't be moved back.

You can make a new thread with the information you posted in this thread, if you like, in the appropriate area.

mh1313
06-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Sorry, I'm new around here so I can legitimately claim ignorance: So why is "Password for Bolt.cd" On-Topic?Because it was generally uninteresting.Interesting you can get away with saying that and I'm faced with deportation for earlier comments. It must be the post count, or towing the party line, or utter lack of familiarity with important philosophical literature:
“We have no need of other worlds. We need mirrors. We don't know what to do with other worlds. A single world, our own, suffices us; but we can't accept it for what it is.”
― Stanisław Lem, Solaris (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Lem)

manker
06-15-2012, 10:03 AM
You're not facing deportation.

Or at least I don't think you are. Not in an internet sense, anyway. You may have been being literal, however, in which case I thoroughly empathise with your situation.
I'm just kidding. I've never been deported nor do I know anyone who has. May I offer some sympathy in its stead.

If I was unclear there, what I mean to say is that your tenure here is as secure as a very secure thing.
Post on, young obfuscator.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Because it was generally uninteresting.Interesting you can get away with saying that and I'm faced with deportation for earlier comments. It must be the post count, or towing the party line, or utter lack of familiarity with important philosophical literature:
“We have no need of other worlds. We need mirrors. We don't know what to do with other worlds. A single world, our own, suffices us; but we can't accept it for what it is.”
― Stanisław Lem, Solaris (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Lem)

First bikes and now movie quotes.Someone seems determined to step on my toes.:@

mjmacky
06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Interesting you can get away with saying that and I'm faced with deportation for earlier comments. It must be the post count, or towing the party line, or utter lack of familiarity with important philosophical literature:
― Stanisław Lem, Solaris (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Stanisław_Lem)

First bikes and now movie quotes.Someone seems determined to step on my toes.:@

He could be a byproduct of all of us, he is the one.

mh1313
06-15-2012, 11:53 PM
By "deportation" I meant your earlier threat to ban me or the strange comment "Or just continue protesting until you end up at a place where they still haven't managed to ban you. " made above by mjmacky when his earlier comment seemed supportive.

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 12:49 AM
By "deportation" I meant your earlier threat to ban me or the strange comment "Or just continue protesting until you end up at a place where they still haven't managed to ban you. " made above by mjmacky when his earlier comment seemed supportive.

They're called jokes.

No one said they have to actually be funny to qualify.

mjmacky
06-16-2012, 05:22 AM
"Or just continue protesting until you end up at a place where they still haven't managed to ban you. " made above by mjmacky when his earlier comment seemed supportive.

It was my review about this place, I've been disabled before but not yet banned. Nothing insidious on my part, it's just that not everyone thinks highly of my willingness to speak freely. I've gotten banned for speaking my mind elsewhere plenty of times.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 06:30 AM

They're called jokes.

No one said they have to actually be funny to qualify.

Funny, "deportation" would get mentioned... I had not tried The Lounge until Idol moved one of my threads here, and I've basically been trapped ever since. You get used to it after a while. You learn how to fashion suitable shelter from the remains of bombed out buildings, and insulate your boots with old newspapers. After time goes by and you get hungry enough, the vermin passing through become sustenance. Eventually, you forget why you came and ultimately begin muttering strange sentences that are only understood by those who live here...

IdolEyes787
06-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Funny, "deportation" would get mentioned... I had not tried The Lounge until Idol moved one of my threads here

I used to have real power but I found impotence to be a lot less work.

megabyteme
06-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Funny, "deportation" would get mentioned... I had not tried The Lounge until Idol moved one of my threads here

I've got the ruby slippers, but I'm just far too lazy to go see the Wizard to get me out of Wunderland. :idunno:

Artemis
06-17-2012, 03:19 AM

I've got the ruby slippers, but I'm just far too lazy to go see the Wizard to get me out of Wunderland. :idunno:

Just put on the ruby slippers, go downtown and stand under a streetlamp. Plenty of strange men will want to show you their wizard. :yup:

mjmacky
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM

My and Idle's sexual prowess finally meet.

megabyteme
06-17-2012, 06:19 PM

Just put on the ruby slippers, go downtown and stand under a streetlamp. Plenty of strange men will want to show you their wizard. :yup:

I'm already in the company of strange men. :idunno:

mh1313
06-20-2012, 07:31 PM
"Or just continue protesting until you end up at a place where they still haven't managed to ban you. " made above by mjmacky when his earlier comment seemed supportive.

It was my review about this place, I've been disabled before but not yet banned. Nothing insidious on my part, it's just that not everyone thinks highly of my willingness to speak freely. I've gotten banned for speaking my mind elsewhere plenty of times.
Okay, cool. Thx for 'splainin' ;)

UNRELATED, but since I have the floor and am lazy :
I'm trying to PM mods manker and anon. Why can't I do this? I realize I'm new and PM may be a post-count-based privelege, but I've never seen this being applied to Mods... even Bolt allows Noobs to PM a Mod, regardless of post count. If mods manker and anon can PM me, please do so. Thx!

RELATED:
Earlier I noted Bolt wiped out all traces of my account -- THANKSes, posts, threads (stared by me, and replied to by others) ... all gone. Well mostly, but you can't hide from Google cache. So, for the record, you can check Google cached versions of my now-gone Bolt.cd forum content.
I am (was!!) "hollow-man" so in Google search box use
site:bolt.cd hollow-man
Example 1 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nAGMKM9ImY8J:bolt.cd/board/showthread.php%3Ft%3D745834%26p%3D3743760+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Example 2 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sleONDn9kAkJ:bolt.cd/board/showthread.php%3Ft%3D745834%26p%3D3743140+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Example 3 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:F2OCnh8Eph4J:bolt.cd/board/showthread.php%3Ft%3D715327+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Example 4 (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m0RDfQjMlngJ:bolt.cd/board/showthread.php%3Ft%3D713006%26page%3D2+&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

The Examples are, as noted earlier, deleted from Bolt.cd as political move. I don't think there was anything offensive in those posts. Of course, my word against their's (specifically: against that of certain Bolt mods).
NOTE: Google will eventually clear this cache so if you're curious, please use info above to confirm/deny my claims soon (since last week, the # of cached pages of "hollow-man" has fallen by 2/3). Confirm/deny or comment as neccessary. I have screen-captured and saved HTML version of all Google caches ... of course, and the upcoming, topical blog will be here: boltcd.blog.com (http://boltcd.blog.com)

=========

Refs below are some orig threads I, user "hollow-man", stared on Bolt. The URLs below will go no-where as Bolt.cd deleted them:
Help needed with Bolt's internal SE - Community Forum - Bolt.cd
bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?t=745834&p=3743760
16 posts - 9 authors
Originally Posted by hollow-man Click here to enlarge. Okay, and that does indeed (laboriously) come up with one relevant result .... but .... AFAICS, that's NOT ...

Help needed with Bolt's internal SE - Community Forum - Bolt.cd
bolt.cd/board/showthread.php?t=745834&p=3743140
13 posts - 8 authors - Jun 8
Originally Posted by hollow-man Click here to enlarge. Okay, and that does indeed (laboriously) come up with one relevant result .... but .

manker
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
You have to wait for fifteen days before you can PM. Or is it a month, idk.

Anyway. it's better you PM anon rather than me because

mh1313
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM

Anyway. it's better you PM anon rather than me becauseGotcha ... in the meantime, can anon contact me privately? I did allow admin to contact me via email from My Settings. Thx!

manker
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM

Anyway. it's better you PM anon rather than me becauseGotcha ... in the meantime, can anon contact me privately? I did allow admin to contact me via email from My Settings. Thx!
Neither of us are admin :(

We'd have to use our private email address for that and, altho' I can't speak for anon, typically I only use that to hit on unsuspecting female members.
You could always make a report in the report section if you absolutely need to talk to us right away.

mh1313
06-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Gotcha ... in the meantime, can anon contact me privately? I did allow admin to contact me via email from My Settings. Thx!
Neither of us are admin :(

We'd have to use our private email address for that and, altho' I can't speak for anon, typically I only use that to hit on unsuspecting female members.
You could always make a report in the report section if you absolutely need to talk to us right away.
I have no problem with giving out my email addy. If Admin wants to juggle communications between anon and I, that's okay.
Not a life or death issue, tho!
BTW: it must be a month to PM. I've been here more than 15 days.

manker
06-20-2012, 09:09 PM
12th of June you joined up, matey.
I'm pretty sure it's 15 days before you can PM, btw.

Honestly, just make a report if you need to talk privately about an issue. It'll just be you and the mod team who can see it.

Something Else
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Get a room, or do something else.

Something Else
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
12th of June you joined up, matey.
I'm pretty sure it's 15 days before you can PM, btw.

Honestly, just make a report if you need to talk privately about an issue. It'll just be you and the mod team who can see it.

And possibly Dave, hiding out in a wardrobe at one of the mods houses.

megabyteme
06-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Get a room, or do something else.

ikr. It's like a 4 year old going, "I've got to tell you something. I've got to tell you something. I've got to tell you something."

Parent, "What."

4 year old: "Nothing."

:pinch:

Something Else
06-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh, god. Not the thankses. All those clicks for nothing. I don't see how the internets can survive it, tbh.

I blame society.

I :lol: :earl: ed.