PDA

View Full Version : BDRips-BRRips

Green Goblin
09-20-2010, 09:25 AM
who's got the most these days, i am a member of TL and IPT i just want to know if there is somewhere with more of these rips.

leave some numbers and names for me.

cheers guys

filenetworks
09-20-2010, 09:35 AM
who's got the most these days, i am a member of TL and IPT i just want to know if there is somewhere with more of these rips.

leave some numbers and names for me.

cheers guys

This is several months old but is probably what you are looking for : http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/06/which-private-tracker-has-most-number.html

IPT still has the most I think.

karachidude
09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
TL and ipt have have quite a few,but i download them from CN mostly :)

anon
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
IPT - 966 BDRips and 3889 BRRips
TL - 531 BDRips and 1397 BRRips

I think Pretome also offered that kind of rips, but I can't give stats for that one as I'm not registered.

cinephilia
09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
IPT has more BDRips/BRRips but many of them are shitty teams encodes.

i'd stick with TL if i were you, and more precisely with ViSiON, SANTi, FLAWL3SS and alternatively D-Z0N3 (for brrip.xvid at least).

Lucifer9999
09-20-2010, 06:44 PM
IPT has more BDRips/BRRips but many of them are shitty teams encodes.

i'd stick with TL if i were you, and more precisely with ViSiON, SANTi, FLAWL3SS and alternatively D-Z0N3 (for brrip.xvid at least).

lol... flawl3ss is internal to ipt not tl...

ltrg, prodji (leechturk their home) also do the job well... plus skaliwagz (ptn) and a bunch on x264...

A
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Did he say they are not? :unsure:

Lucifer9999
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM

not literally, but he mentioned flawl3ss in the tl sentence, while in the ipt sentence he used the formulation "shitty team encodes.."
so, what do u think??

cinephilia
09-20-2010, 11:10 PM
i know that FLAWL3SS belongs to IPT, but most of their releases are also available on TL.

the shitty encodes i was referring to are the ones made by FLAWL3SS-wannabes with no experience who try their luck at encoding, put their name in the release title like they were a well-known team and ask for rep points in the torrent description.

A
09-21-2010, 03:42 AM

not literally, but he mentioned flawl3ss in the tl sentence, while in the ipt sentence he used the formulation "shitty team encodes.."
so, what do u think??

i know that FLAWL3SS belongs to IPT, but most of their releases are also available on TL.

the shitty encodes i was referring to are the ones made by FLAWL3SS-wannabes with no experience who try their luck at encoding, put their name in the release title like they were a well-known team and ask for rep points in the torrent description.
I thought that.

Also the BD/BR Rips done by encoders at http://hd-united.com/ , http://hd-bb.org/ , http://x264-bb.com/ , http://hdmania.org/ are really good.Atleast better than FLAWL3SS,ViSiON or SANTi imho.But then again thats just me.

Lucifer9999
09-21-2010, 05:40 AM
so be it, anyway i download mainly 720p's, and where not available, the dvd's.........

Disme
09-21-2010, 06:39 AM
BRRips suck donkeyballs anway!

mjmacky
09-21-2010, 08:22 AM
So this is the part where I was going to ask about the difference between BDRip and BRRip? I had always assumed the terms were interchangeable, googled it and so far this is what I came up with.
BDRip, encode from a bluray disk
BRRip, encode from a BDRip
Is that about right?

cinephilia
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
right, except that a brrip is an encode of a bluray release (generally 1080p)

Polarbear
09-21-2010, 10:11 AM
BRRips are XviD reencodes of (mostly) scene x264 Blu-Ray Rips. Pretty much the same what aXXo does with DVDR. Basically you take scene releases, encode them to a lower quality and tag them with your group name. They are crap.

BDRips are XviD encodes of a Blu-Ray source. They are released if the Blu-Ray is earlier available than the DVD. If you insist on the inferior XviD codec and scene sizes for whatever reason, they're OK. I prefer HD x264 encodes.

There's a big difference between release groups and reencoders. Release groups (scene or P2P) have access to original sources like DVDs or Blu-Rays. The earlier the better. Reencoders just convert stuff that others released to different formats.

cinephilia
09-21-2010, 10:17 AM
you're wrong. there's not much difference between good brrips and bdrips - it really depends on the encoder.

Polarbear
09-21-2010, 10:28 AM
you're wrong. there's not much difference between good brrips and bdrips - it really depends on the encoder.

Ok, one comes from a 1080p x264 source, the other one from the Blu-Ray. Both are converted to SD XviD. They both suck in terms of quality.

It's like encoding FLAC or a CD to 128 MP3.

A
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Reencoders just convert stuff that others released to different formats.
And thereby decreasing the size considerably and maintaining DVD and above quality.

Lucifer9999
09-21-2010, 11:23 AM
the think is they are quite inferior x264 720p, and half or a third of their size.. with a decent hard and processor, i see no harm downloading rips (scene or p2p) in x264, al least 720p, ripped directly from the bluray.. .. or, x264 rips from dvd's (kind of sdbits.org content).. the same size with that xvid encodes from bluray rips, and slightly better quality..

cinephilia
09-21-2010, 11:34 AM
They both suck in terms of quality.
depends on your definition of quality. i think you miss the point of BRRips/BDRips Xvid:

- they're standalone friendly
- quality is close to 720p releases and way better than DVDrips or untouched DVDs
- they fit on DVD-R (just like a DVD5)

that said, i see no point in x264 BDRips/BRRips encodes.

Polarbear
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Reencoders just convert stuff that others released to different formats.
And thereby decreasing the size considerably and maintaining DVD and above quality.

And if the release groups weren't there, they couldn't do that in the first place. I have much more respect for people who buy/get movies and release them on the internet. Without people with sources there wouldn't be any filesharing and there wouldn't be any scene. They pay money or have good connections and provide all of us with content. The one who puts an untouched Blu-Ray on the net first deserves far more respect than any of those reencoders. He also takes the whole risk. Groups who do reencodes may know how to encode movies, but they don't provide any new content. A good release group is a combination of access to sources and great encoding skills.

Someone who can get retail sources is much more valuable to filesharing than someone who knows how to make an XviD out of an x264.

Reencoders provide an encoding service. Release groups provide content.

A
09-21-2010, 11:44 AM

And if the release groups weren't there, they couldn't do that in the first place. I have much more respect for people who buy/get movies and release them on the internet. Without people with sources there wouldn't be any filesharing and there wouldn't be any scene. They pay money or have good connections and provide all of us with content. The one who puts an untouched Blu-Ray on the net first deserves far more respect than any of those reencoders. He also takes the whole risk. Groups who do reencodes may know how to encode movies, but they don't provide any new content. A good release group is a combination of access to sources and great encoding skills.

Someone who can get retail sources is much more valuable to filesharing than someone who knows how to make an XviD out of an x264.

Reencoders provide an encoding service. Release groups provide content.
Every re-encoder gives thanks to the original source in their nfo or somewhere in the release notes.I dont care who provides what,As a downloader I am thankful for the encoder and the source and thats that.

A good release group is a combination of access to sources and great encoding skills.
Thanks for the lecture but that isint the topic of interest here now,is it?

Polarbear
09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
They both suck in terms of quality.
depends on your definition of quality. i think you miss the point of BRRips/BDRips Xvid:

- quality is close to 720p releases and way better than DVDrips or untouched DVDs

I don't watch movies on a standalone. I don't even own a DVD player.

I prefer quality equal or better to 720p. DVD quality looks really bad on my monitor.

I don't burn any movies on DVD anymore. I have way to many burned CD/DVDs already in my appartment. I store everyhting on HDs nowadays.

So I see no point why I shouldn't go for the best. Especially if it's free. I know those XviD encodes are popular, but not for me. I always download the best quality I can get. SD XviD isn't an option for me.

A
09-21-2010, 11:50 AM

I don't watch movies on a standalone. I don't even own a DVD player.

I prefer quality equal or better to 720p. DVD quality looks really bad on my monitor.

I don't burn any movies on DVD anymore. I have way to many burned CD/DVDs already in my appartment. I store everyhting on HDs nowadays.

So I see no point why I shouldn't go for the best. Especially if it's free. I know those XviD encodes are popular, but not for me. I always download the best quality I can get. SD XviD isn't an option for me.
Its not about what you download or what you dont.Its for people for whom BR/BD Rips matters.

Polarbear
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Every re-encoder gives thanks to the original source in their nfo or somewhere in the release notes.:lol: Yeah right.

A
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Every re-encoder gives thanks to the original source in their nfo or somewhere in the release notes.:lol: Yeah right.
I musnt have said "every" since I dont know every release group out there.But atleast the popular re-encoders does.But you seem to be so fixated on such stuff which to me is pretty silly.

cinephilia
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
my point is simply that bdrips-xvid are not useless but as you said, there's no point in downloading bdrips while you can just grab and play 720p releases. that's the reason why i don't get this sudden interest for bdrips.x264.mkv

IdolEyes787
09-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Once again , considering your prodigious collections, it is more than passing strange that this is all you people discuss when it comes to movies.:blink:

Needless to say but I will anyway , I think that you are all entirely full of shit.

Disme
09-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Its not about what you download or what you dont.Its for people for whom BR/BD Rips matters.

For him it is. As it is for me ... when I say BRRips suck donkeyballs it's because I only get 1080p releases nowadays to stream to my PCH and watch on my 47" Full HD TV.
When I compare a BRRip and a 1080p release with my equipment I see a huge difference, hence the reason why in my personal opinion BRRips and BDRips are a waste of my time and effort.

Others might fiind them usefull and/or enough quality-wise and they will state that here too. It's not because someone's opinion differs that he shouldn't be able to express it.
Compared to 1080p rips, BRRips and BDRips suck imo.

@ Idol: When I'm done watching a movie I delete it. I have stopped collecting them since I hardly ever watch the same movie twice. And if I do I'll redownload it.

A
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Once again , considering your prodigious collections, it is more than passing strange that this is all you people discuss when it comes to movies.:blink:

Needless to say but I will anyway , I think that you are all entirely full of shit.
hehehe

IdolEyes787
09-21-2010, 04:17 PM
@ Idol: When I'm done watching a movie I delete it. I have stopped collecting them since I hardly ever watch the same movie twice.

I have a few, very few that I felt obliged to buy in what you could laughingly call my collection but strange thing is those are probably the ones , imo great as they are , that I'm least likely to actually ever watch (being heavy on the required attention ) again.
On the other hand I keep a half dozen films on my computer ( in whatever base XviD form they came in )that are frankly shite to most people but me that I "use " like music when I need a little uplifting or inspiration .
I think for repeat viewing ( if you are over 12) something really has to ( for whatever reason) "speak to you" and so personally except for pretense I don't see the point of more than a minimal amount of dust collectors .
Maybe if there was only a limited amount films and they never made any new ones to investigate I would feel differently.

As to the topic I always thought Marshall McLuhan was a wanker.:idunno: