PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Fix This Image Problem?

E-squirrel
11-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Alot of webpages do not display properly, including my favorite one of all: Gamespot! Take a look:

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/Esquirrel/ImageProblem.JPG

Does anyone have a solution as to why my graphics do not display properly?

InverseKinetix
11-05-2003, 02:51 AM
Reinstall internet explorer. I got this prob after being hijacked. I couldnt be bothered to figuire it out so just reinstalled. Takes 30 secs

the-ninja69
11-05-2003, 03:38 AM
Yes i know why. I almost 100% sure but I cannot be exact. The hosts file is fucking up gamespot. From all the hosts file i examined and looked at from various sites they all include the line image.com.com which is used for the top banner and all the screens at gamespot. Gamespot would never work for me too but i right click on the images there being blocked looked at url then search in my hosts and what do you know there was an entry blocking it. If you used k-lite supertrick it is possible it is blocking it. I don't use the hosts that comes with k-lite because it sux.

AndrewBarker
11-05-2003, 03:44 AM
goto Tools, Internet options, Delete temporary internet files

your pages should now display correctly

fkdup74
11-05-2003, 04:40 AM
its gotta be the hosts file like ninja said, it did this to me on a few websites, no host file, no problems :P

nikita69
11-05-2003, 07:02 AM
possibilities:

1. hosts file
2. blocked cookie, java or active/x
3. spy/adware or FW blocked the link for good or false possitive reason
4. ur cache setting is not automatically
5. corrupted file(s) in browser
6. browser timeout to load.

look into each one.

ck-uk
11-05-2003, 07:10 AM
If you used k-lite supertrick it is possible it is blocking it. I don't use the hosts that comes with k-lite because it sux.

It dont suck mate..just maybe all the servers aint suitable for you.If its blocking anything you dont want to ..open it with note pad & delete that server or vice versa.

{I}{K}{E}
11-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by InverseKinetix@5 November 2003 - 03:51
Reinstall internet explorer. I got this prob after being hijacked.
ad aware?

nikita69
11-05-2003, 07:26 AM
more possibilites:

1. since this site belongs to cnet, then there's a chance uv blocked something (cookies, etc...) they're known to NOT allow visitors access or display certain data (normally it's the pics that capture ur privacy data).
2. what's the the link? could't include flash? i tried what u have in the pic and got "We're sorry, but we were unable to find the page you requested" but then again, i have their whole server blocked.