PDA

View Full Version : Free Hosting that doesn't police copyrights(unless forced to)

WindWalkerX
09-22-2010, 06:37 AM
So, I had a fairly small sharing forum.
The forum finally crossed 10,000 posts, and I suppose that earned a manual review by the good folks at proboards. It's now deleted :(

It took like 3 years to get there, and none of my files were ever even deleted for DMCA. So it wasn't a complaint against the board. It was self policing.

I need a web host that won't bug me about this crap, unless they get complaints(they won't).
I need something that will also let me use a top level domain. I don't want to use sub-domains if I can avoid it.

JustDOSE
09-28-2010, 02:39 AM
thanks for editing your post DB

iLOVENZB
09-28-2010, 03:28 AM
Your avatar disturbs me WindWalkerX.

WindWalkerX
10-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Your avatar disturbs me WindWalkerX.Mission accomplished ;)

I'm a bit surprised that no one else has operated a small sharing site, without running into hosting problems. Maybe a few dozen extra views will find someone :p

Cabalo
10-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I have operated a few not so small sharing sites. ;)
Are you looking for a .US or .EU location? As for .EU I can recommend Giga-International. They never bugged me about anything at all, given that I have never asked them for any kind of support.

WindWalkerX
10-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I have operated a few not so small sharing sites. ;)
Are you looking for a .US or .EU location? As for .EU I can recommend Giga-International. They never bugged me about anything at all, given that I have never asked them for any kind of support.This is ideal. I can't believe they offer 500gb of traffic for about $5 a month @_@
They even have ftp, which is must for me.
I will definitely be using them.

Maybe someone can answer one more question for me. Does it matter who you use as a domain registrar? I've seen sites with "this domain has been suspended" before, and wonder about that. My Google-fu wasn't up to finding that answer. I figure it's on the hosting side, but really don't know.