PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Torrential ?

TBBoltzz
09-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Anyone use Torrential.ws and happen to know what happened to it? It was my favorite torrent site.

bijoy
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
looks like the site is down

TBBoltzz
09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Yea i gathered that much, but I wasn't sure if it was taken down for good or not. I know other sites I use have gone down for short periods of time due to server issues or attacks. I was hoping someone a little more savvy than myself could figure out if it was permanent or not, or if someone knows the answer already. :)

anon
09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
From what I know, content-wise there wasn't too much going on there. Perhaps they just pulled the plug.

TBBoltzz
09-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Well i guess that depends on what you were looking for. Myself I primarily go after TV shows and movies. In that regards they were one of the bests, with EXCELLENT speeds. So I would have to disagree with your comment about not much content.

anon
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I was aiming more at peer activity, although I haven't visited the site in a long while, so that may have changed. I'm interested on movies and TV series too, but get those same releases from other trackers.

Needless to say, I don't want the site to die or anything. Even if I didn't use it, other people (for example, you) enjoyed it a lot.

bijoy
09-24-2010, 03:06 PM
From what I know, content-wise there wasn't too much going on there. Perhaps they just pulled the plug.

Looks like that!!

TBBoltzz
09-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Looks like that!!

That sure is a shame. Now it looks like I'm going to have to find another private tracker. I pretty much used Torrential exclusively....:sadwalk:

anon
09-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Two good ones open for signups:
http://www.ilovetorrents.com/signup.php
http://www.dididave.com/signup.php

TBBoltzz
10-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Maybe its not dead after all!!! Now going to the site torrential.ws, it simply says "It Works!" Wonder what that means? :)

Cabalo
10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
That message means Apache is installed.

whatcdfan
10-08-2010, 06:11 PM

they shud have released some news regarding that or perhaps now, it aint a good way of sayin bye-bye

Maybe its not dead after all!!! Now going to the site torrential.ws, it simply says "It Works!" Wonder what that means? :)

perhaps u wanna give some time to the stuff to figure out ............

anon
10-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Now going to the site torrential.ws, it simply says "It Works!" Wonder what that means? :)

Not what you think :lol:

It's what Cabalo said, it means Apache (the Web server software they're running) is installed.

Don't you have any means (e-mail, IM) of contacting other Torrential users and/or their staff?

TBBoltzz
10-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Now going to the site torrential.ws, it simply says "It Works!" Wonder what that means? :)

Not what you think :lol:

It's what Cabalo said, it means Apache (the Web server software they're running) is installed.

Don't you have any means (e-mail, IM) of contacting other Torrential users and/or their staff?

Unfortunately, it never occurred to me to take note of the staff's aim, email, and such. The only real contact I have is a fellow Torrential member that invited me to Xtremespeeds.net. I tried PMing him, but he hasn't been on the site in a few months, so.......bleh