PDA

View Full Version : Can I leech the same file from two trackers at the same time ?!

YoYoY
09-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi,....
I know it's a silly question but it would help me a lot if I know if it is possible to leech the same file from two trackers at the same time just to increase the number of seeders and get better speeds
I didn't try it to avoid any complex so if anyone did this before , please share how to do it.

the case is that I'm leeching a big file , it's available in two trackers and both have few seeders so I want to mix them together to get a better speed.

thanks in advance

karachidude
09-23-2010, 09:01 PM
lol..no u cant i think

anon
09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Only if the info_hashes for the .torrent of the same thing on both sites are exactly identical, and you'd have to use both tracker URLs, which may get you in trouble.

What you can do is leeching some files from tracker 1, stopping and removing the torrent, add the same one from tracker 2, do a hash check, and continue where you left off.

YoYoY
09-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Only if the info_hashes for the .torrent of the same thing on both sites are exactly identical, and you'd have to use both tracker URLs, which may get you in trouble.

What you can do is leeching some files from tracker 1, stopping and removing the torrent, add the same one from tracker 2, do a hash check, and continue where you left off.

That's what I was afraid of. both torrents are identical , the same release , the same group if that's what you mean.
but this way , I won't increase the DL rate right ? , I mean it won't make any difference except splitting the " downloaded " amount between the two trackers , am I right ?

anon
09-23-2010, 09:13 PM
That's what I was afraid of. both torrents are identical , the same release , the same group if that's what you mean.

Even if it's the same release and group, that doesn't suffice. There may be a tiny text or NFO file that will change the hash, or one of the uploaders could have chosen a different piece size.

Forget about that method anyway, it will only get you in trouble.

but this way , I won't increase the DL rate right ? , I mean it won't make any difference except splitting the " downloaded " amount between the two trackers , am I right ?

Doing what I said in the second paragraph, you may get the second set of files faster if tracker 2 has high-speed seeders. :)

YoYoY
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Even if it's the same release and group, that doesn't suffice. There may be a tiny text or NFO file that will change the hash, or one of the uploaders could have chosen a different piece size.

Forget about that method anyway, it will only get you in trouble.

Doing what I said in the second paragraph, you may get the second set of files faster if tracker 2 has high-speed seeders. :)

Ah , I get it.
thanks for the info , I guess I'll stick to the 40kb/sec.
but of course again , thank you for the fast reply :)

KFlint
09-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd say of you want to speed up things a bit you could for example, download rar files from 1 to 20 on tracker number 1 and 20 to 40 on tracker number 2.

That's the only legit way to address your problem.

Using more than one URL will cause you problems because the downloaded/uploaded stats will reflect the total, not independent stats. So you will report false stats to both trackers.

Raban
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
get on some real trackers where you won't need to do this kinda shit just to speed things up... a good tracker you will be leeching at top speed all the time thats how it works

1000possibleclaws
09-23-2010, 10:03 PM
If its a scene release, just copy and all the announces into the original tracker you downloaded from. You might mess up the stats of your private trackers, if you are using private trackers.

If one tracker is really slow and another is fast, just stop the slow one and then force recheck your data with the new one.

YoYoY
09-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Both trackers are slow , they have only 7 or 8 seeders on this torrent , it's 32GB. I tried them both and the are almost the same speed. it's not the most popular file on the net , so no body leeches or seeds it because of its size (32GB).
It's a good thing though that I came here before I do anything stupid.thank you guys for the info , I'll try it , I got nothing to lose :D

@Raban : I already have those "real" trackers , they just don't have these files

Tokeman
09-23-2010, 11:48 PM
If its multiple files (like rars) do as KFlint suggested, open torrent from tracker A and select half the files, and set the rest to do not download. Then open torrent from tracker B, set to a different directory, and do the oppisite. Double the speed, and not cheating at all.

YoYoY
09-23-2010, 11:49 PM
yep they are rars , and I guess I'll do it :D

thanks

Edit :

well , it took me a while to free up some disk space.
I didn't really expect that but it actually worked very well , the speed went up almost at maximum speed , sometimes it goes down but it's way better than before.
thank you guys for this useful tip , it really helped me.