PDA

View Full Version : merlins-portal.net is back

JustDOSE
09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Merlins-portal.net is back. Seems like they want to do things the right way now. Merlins-portal I hope you have changed your ways and will earn the usenet communities praise and respect again.

I hope the site doesn't fall to greed, and mods to baning everyone in chat & who doesn't do what they want this time around. I know as soon as I see "Buy ViP" again Im gone for good, if a site is good members will donate for costs, if they choose to OFC. The thanks button I can deal with but the constant hitting me up for money every few inches i scroll on the web page was lame.

sadly he will be hitting us up for donations AGAIN...
from merlins-portal.net:

There will be NO donation system in place untill 2011

MultiForce
09-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Just have to wait for the new NZB section then.

It's always good to have a few sites to check out so I hope it works out.

Cabalo
09-24-2010, 04:03 AM
These are much welcomed news.
No site managed to fill the void created by their demise,

Skiz
09-24-2010, 04:48 AM
There was a void?

I hadn't even needed that site in a long time. I used to use it as a crutch I suppose, seeing as they had a decent selection but, the layout and horrible, non-scene naming structure made the place nearly useless for me.

It just took too much time to decipher pertinent details about what the upload actual was, that I stopped going there altogether.

zot
09-24-2010, 05:03 AM
After ShareReactor got busted, the site's entire database got 'leaked' and was being shared online in a readable format. I was hoping the same might happen with Merlin's.

JustDOSE
09-24-2010, 05:18 AM
and horrible, non-scene naming structure made the place nearly useless for me.

lol i got banned one time for posting an nzb with dashes "-" in the post title.

Monaco
09-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I have to agree with Skiz. The site is almost unnavigable. I particularly dislike the way they divide movies into decades, which means one has to check several categories to see if there is anything worth downloading.

Cabalo
09-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I liked the site :blushing:

MultiForce
09-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I liked the site :blushing:

Me too.

But I have to agree that the IMBD buttons and what not on NZBMatrix.com would've been a nice addition cause it makes it a lot faster (yeah I'm lazy) to check things out.

k2bug
09-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Personally think your way of the mark with some of your comments. I have used merlins portal with FST for 4/5 years and not once was i ever forced to donate or never seen anyone banned for posting or any other of the things that happened to me on merlins portal. merlins portal along with FST are only 2 sites that give up there time and provide a service for free. I suggest more like you got banned for being a dick IMHO, merlins staff rarely banned members and took alot of stick because they always respected the right to reply something other sites could learn from.

"Seems like they want to do things the right way now. Merlins-portal I hope you have changed your ways" The site had over 100,00 members i think he pretty much got it right first time.

People need to wake up and support such sites as merlins portal and FST if not the owners just get pissed and move on. All credit to merlin for bringing it back but from reading on the site ex staff had more to do with it coming back..

Skiz
09-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Took a quick peek tonight and it looks like they're maintaining the scene naming structure. :)

Disme
09-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered!

Windy72
09-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Good to see the Merlins back as for posting in scene style well ok by me but there are others that do that perfectly well. I hope Merlins does not become just another scene clone all well and good but I like some individuality also. Maybe a mixture scene releases and some personal postings/spots non scene would be good for me. The scene misses so much good material although it is awesome itself. I will check Merlins out now thankin youuuuu.

sandman_1
09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear Merlin is back. I enjoyed the site and the interface wasn't that bad at all. However, I think this site does a good job posting and don't really see a need really to go back unless Merlin has something this site doesn't. I really appreciate sites like this and keeping it free. It is great and once I get some work, I will be donating to help out, funds real tight right now. :( Anyway the more the merrier so here is to hoping Merlin is successful. :beer:

JustDOSE
10-06-2010, 01:21 AM
just received a hidden link from merlins portal via bit.ly .... what legit site would do that? just send the full link...

whiteboy
10-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I loved Merlins stoked to see it back!!