PDA

View Full Version : whatcd speed requirements???

whatcdfan
09-25-2010, 03:04 AM
hola guyes i am all set to take whatcd interview my only concern is my upload speed which i believe is below average
0.56 Mb/s
my query is will i be able to pass the test with this much if not how much more do i need?

bwayne337
09-25-2010, 03:05 AM
yes

n00bz0r
09-25-2010, 05:32 AM
they no longer reject applicants on the basis of speedtest. YOu should concentrate on getting teh basic questions right, instead.

whatcdfan
09-25-2010, 07:11 AM
they no longer reject applicants on the basis of speedtest. YOu should concentrate on getting teh basic questions right, instead.

Meaning They wont even ask for speed proof? and what would be the basic questions??????????

n00bz0r
09-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Interviewer could ask for speedtests, but he wont deny you an invite solely on the basis of low upload speeds.
As far as questions are concerned, read about encoding, transcoding, bitrates, MP3 encoding presets, lossless, lossy formats for starters.

whatcdfan
09-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Interviewer could ask for speedtests, but he wont deny you an invite solely on the basis of low upload speeds.
As far as questions are concerned, read about encoding, transcoding, bitrates, MP3 encoding presets, lossless, lossy formats for starters.

Thank You That helps

anon
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Firstly, your name is "whatcdfan", but you aren't a member of that tracker? :unsure:

Secondly, it's like n00bz0r said. They'll ask you for a speedtest and maybe profile links from other tracker, but they won't deny entry to people with sucky upload speeds, otherwise most wouldn't get in through the interview. Read this thoroughly, and if you still have questions, they have a dedicated channel for that:
http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

whatcdfan
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
i am not a member of any other private tracker i dont do much torrenting except for music and i was told its the mecca of music fans so i always had this dream but for that firstly i became ripper and encoder and released some torrents to have initial knowledge of ripping encoding seeding etc but now feel like i am all set.

optimuscrime
09-27-2010, 05:14 AM
If you feel have a pretty solid knowledge of ripping and encoding then just look over anon's link (http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/) and take the test. The hardest part is waiting around to take the interview, the actual test is easy if you know your stuff.

The_Martinator
09-27-2010, 06:49 AM
i am not a member of any other private tracker i dont do much torrenting except for music and i was told its the mecca of music fans so i always had this dream but for that firstly i became ripper and encoder and released some torrents to have initial knowledge of ripping encoding seeding etc but now feel like i am all set.

Cool story, bro!

whatcdfan
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
is whatcd is banned for indian users????
somebody mentioning it here http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/05/free-whatcd-invite-via-irc-interview.html

anon
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
India is banned from the What.cd interview channel, but not from the tracker.

RussianNinja
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Seed every torrent as long as you can!
Btw. my country is banned, make sure you can take this interview!

whatcdfan
09-28-2010, 02:07 AM
India is banned from the What.cd interview channel, but not from the tracker.

How Will I take the interview then??? are proxies allowed on IRC????

Ok of no use india is banned at the invites channel and proxies arent allowed any other idea guyes???????

anon
09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Proxies are not allowed at all, and the channel's topic clearly states that. If your country is banned, you have to find someone willing to invite you. Sad, but that's how it is.

whatcdfan
09-28-2010, 04:01 PM
will anything like hide Ip etc will work but i know they will be traced just confirming

anon
09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
You won't get help on how to cheat your way through that limitation here.

Disme
09-29-2010, 06:16 AM
You just want to get into What, created that account here at FST solely for that purpose and are asking how to 'cheat' to get into What :frusty:
If India is banned from the IRC-invite-channel I do think there's a reason for it. It means they want the people from India already on the tracker to stay, but don't want new Indian members :cool:

Pretty clear no :whistling

whatcdfan
09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
You just want to get into What, created that account here at FST solely for that purpose and are asking how to 'cheat' to get into What :frusty:
If India is banned from the IRC-invite-channel I do think there's a reason for it. It means they want the people from India already on the tracker to stay, but don't want new Indian members :cool:

Pretty clear no :whistling

Acceptable

nye
09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
You should be able to get away with most speeds, just seeeeeeeeed.

whatcdfan
09-30-2010, 02:27 AM
i am so sorry to be denied the membership solely on the basis of country i belong buti ll try to find someone who cud invite me perhaps my luck wud respond me in 20 30 yrs.