PDA

View Full Version : Best Review ever-io9 reviews Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

A
09-26-2010, 07:53 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9959/screenshot010k.png

Thanks to a title that was seemingly lifted from Finnegans Wake, I initially had no idea what Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was about. But now I do. It's about owls. Like, a metric shit-ton of owls.

More precisely, it is about owls who are apparently committed to reenact Snyder's sword-and-sandals blockbuster 300. Not the Battle of Thermopylae, mind you. The film 300. It is like The Society for Creative Anachronism decreed that 2007 was anachronistic enough and decided to recreate in 2010 the slow-motion fight sequences, moral certitude, and craggy sets of King Leonidas' last stand. Oh, and if The Society for Creative Anachronism was staffed entirely by owls.

Read More : Link (http://io9.com/5647816/zack-snyders-owl-movie-is-a-hoot-oh-i-went-there)

It doesnt get better than this :lol:.Personally I am going to see the film when it comes to a theatre near me.

megabyteme
09-26-2010, 09:09 AM
That's the best review ever, Aby? Did you get tickled by the use of the word "anachronism". Other than that, it could have been written by our resident "40" drinker, ziggy. It's a movie about owls dressed up with helmets and cgi. That's it. The review tries to be clever with a couple of (apparently, to you) mind-tickling words, and describes what the movie is about.

Granted, it has (slightly) more creativity than, "7/10". :mellow:

A
09-26-2010, 09:22 AM
That's the best review ever, Aby? Did you get tickled by the use of the word "anachronism". Other than that, it could have been written by our resident "40" drinker, ziggy. It's a movie about owls dressed up with helmets and cgi. That's it. The review tries to be clever with a couple of (apparently, to you) mind-tickling words, and describes what the movie is about.

Granted, it has (slightly) more creativity than, "7/10". :mellow:
Lets just say for this movie no one is going to do a better review.He brought out the article in a humorous way and at the same time giving the reader what he should expect from the movie.The review is way better than the over analysing "critques" and those boring reads.The title was supposed be "humorous review" but I guess I dint type it in.:mellow: and moreover whenever I saw the pic of those owls it always kept on reminding me of those internet meme owls :lol:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4811/yasrsly001.jpg

megabyteme
09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
I could write a review for it, and it would be a real hoot. I could share bits of my wisdom, and ruffle a few feathers at the same time.

You know who I really hate?...

A
09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
You know who I really hate?...
Idoleyes :shifty:

megabyteme
09-26-2010, 10:05 AM
You were supposed to say, "Who?".

And I would have said, "People who imitate owls." It's an old Emo Philips joke.

Thanks for screwing it up. Some comedy partner you make. :dry:

And you aren't worthy to say Idol's name. :angry:

A
09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
And you aren't worthy to say Idol's name. :angry:
My sincerest apologies :schnauz:

You were supposed to say, "Who?".

And I would have said, "People who imitate owls." It's an old Emo Philips joke.

Thanks for screwing it up. Some comedy partner you make.:dry:

Actually our conversation was supposed to end like this: (substituting 'Idoleyes' in appropriate places)

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2782/fb0186fde1c714f4b459960.jpg

And who is the one who ruined it? :dry:

megabyteme
09-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I refuse to play the part of either BFG, of SFJ. :snooty:

A
09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I refuse to play the part of either BFG, of SFJ. :snooty:
elitist,I say you are perfect for the role of Steve fucking jobs :shifty:
Also I am going to see "The social Network" this saturday with my real friends and see the owl movies as well on the same day :lol:

megabyteme
09-26-2010, 01:01 PM
"real" friends. Now who's being elitist?

I told Idol I was going to beat on you a bit for irritating him, but I've never had any reason to dislike you. Well, except trying to get me to play the part of SFJ. :disdain:

Hope you have fun at the owl movie. The trailer makes it look like a lot of work went into making the movie- hopefully they spent a bit of time on the story. How much does it cost to see an American movie in India? What kinds of snacks do you eat at the theater?

A
09-26-2010, 01:38 PM
"real" friends. Now who's being elitist?
typo strikes again.I meant my friends outside the internet.(was gonna say "real life" but that is not correct as well :P)

How much does it cost to see an American movie in India? What kinds of snacks do you eat at the theater?
3 USD only and I dont munch on anything while I watch a film but sip on pepsi or coke the whole time.Popcorn is the favourite snack here especially suitable for throwing at others in the theatre :whistling.

IdolEyes787
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
There was fighting in 300 ? I only remember Lena Headey getting naked.
Woooh knew.

Other movies that Aby will like .
Grey Owl
I Heard the Owl Call My Name
The Owl and the Pussycat
Night Owl
also
The Sword and the Stone.
The original Clash of the Titans
Winnie the Pooh
Bambi (although it might be too frightening)
Harry Potteres

megabyteme
09-26-2010, 02:21 PM
You forgot, Horton Hears a Who.

A
09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
There was fighting in 300 ? I only remember Lena Headey getting naked.
Woooh knew.

Other movies that Aby will like .
Grey Owl
I Heard the Owl Call My Name
The Owl and the Pussycat
Night Owl
also
The Sword and the Stone.
The original Clash of the Titans
Winnie the Pooh
Bambi (although it might be too frightening)
Harry Potteres
I have seen all of those films except for Clash of Titans which bored me to death and eventually I started disturbing a specked guy who was seriously trying to "comprehend" the movie(his own words).I really do like animated films maybe because I used to draw a lot before entering college and cartoon and anime characters were the main victims of my pencil and paint brush.Why dont you like harry potter?I mean what is there to dislike.(except for maybe the bad acting of radcliffe)

IdolEyes787
09-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Wooh says that I don't like Harry Potter?

A
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Wooh says that I don't like Harry Potter?

OMFG Idoleyes plays games! :fear: and dude your folder is so not organized lol

IdolEyes787
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I've never actually played any of those yet.:pinch:

As for organized ; I'm a guy , I consider the floor as another closet.:idunno:

MagicNakor
09-27-2010, 02:58 AM
The real revelation is that IdolEyes reads (listens to?) the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

:shuriken: