PDA

View Full Version : Rutracker ratio policy

whatcdfan
09-29-2010, 03:35 AM
i have come to know that rutracker changed its ratio policy when i dont know, i saw an article abt it which says ur time of seeding will count and not ur amt of data uploaded

pimkin
09-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Well, now it's time to clear the RuTracker things up. Finally.

1. Your global ratio defines how many torrents you can snatch per day.

____ratio__________max. torrents per day
< 0.3__________3 to 10, depends on TBs count, see below
0.3-0.5________10
0.5-1.0________50
>1____________100, but only if your upload amount is higher than 100 GB

* If you've reached your limit of max. snatched torrents it'll be reset on midnight MSK time (GMT+3).
* If a torrent's size is lower than 100MB you can snatch it in Guest Mode w/out any harm for your ratio, even w/out having to log in. Use RuTracker for small files akin to piano sheets or ebooks like you use TPB!

2. Timebonuses aka TBs are secondary value used to be an incentive factor for seeding. Your TBs count will go 3 point lower every time you dl a torrent. If you seed what you've dl'ed for 3 hours min. then your TBs count will increase.

* 1 TBs = uninterruptable seeding of 1 torrent during 3 hours using the same IP:port combination, counted for each torrent. You have to be a full seeder on that torrent, not a partial one.
* If you've dl'ed a torrent file for pure curiosity, not intending to dl its contents, your TBs value will still decrease anyway.

Disme
09-29-2010, 06:21 AM
In another thread you claimed not to be a member of any tracker?

I think you are full of shit and I suspect this is not your only account ...

Maybe you wanted to post this question under your other alias, RussianNinja ???

RussianNinja
09-29-2010, 06:54 AM

No!
He's not me! We are 2 different users!

Stop being rude to me or i kick your ass with my "russian-ninja-kick" dude! :)

n00bz0r
09-29-2010, 07:40 AM

No!

:lol:

anon
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, now it's time to clear the RuTracker things up. Finally.

Thanks for this great post, bookmarked it in case anyone else asks the same in the future. :)

* If you've dl'ed a torrent file for pure curiosity, not intending to dl its contents, your TBs value will still decrease anyway.

So, merely downloading the .torrent metadata without even adding it to your client already removes timebonuses?

whatcdfan
09-29-2010, 12:37 PM

No!

Ouch that hurts

and yes pal when i said i dont have a private tracker acc i meant the the tracker which requires invite ETC. Indeed rutracker is a private tracker So Apologies

RussianNinja
09-29-2010, 01:04 PM
tracker which requires invite ETC. Indeed rutracker is a private tracker

Isn't RuTracker more like Demonoid?
I mean i could register without any worries... No invite needed! Or was this just my luck?

anon
09-29-2010, 01:05 PM
By definition, you don't have to be invite-only to be a private tracker.

Demonoid is considered semi-private because people can download its torrents without an account.

RussianNinja
09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I know that! But still. For me RuTracker is like Demonoid...(easy to get, huge, but more seed) ...
And i like such trackers the best! :) I'm not after a tracker because it's impossible to get in... I'm after it's content! :)

whatcdfan
09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
tracker which requires invite ETC. Indeed rutracker is a private tracker

I mean i could register without any worries... No invite needed! Or was this just my luck?

i have just checked it says registration is closed and normally demonoid needs invite codes

RussianNinja
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM

i have just checked it says registration is closed and normally demonoid needs invite codes

It goes to RuTracker... I could register to RuTracker without any trouble...
Yes you need invite codes to Demonoid, but these are easy to find, and if you don't find any, you can still wait for open registration (it's periodic, check it regular and you will find your luck sooner or later).

heiska
09-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Demonoid is considered semi-private because people can download its torrents without an account.

BS, it's public according to the founder of the site: http://fora.demonoid.com/index.php?topic=108450.msg578475#msg578475

anon
09-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I have always considered it semi-private, given what I mentioned plus its huge userbase. :unsure:

heiska
09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
it's okay, frank, we all make mistakes.