PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stone Problems

aperson1192
09-29-2010, 10:55 PM
I am a noob (with iso's), i am aware. no need to remind me.

In anycase, I have downloaded both the Program (Version 3.3.5) and also German V3 levels 1,2 and 3. I have daemon tools lite to load the german iso. However Rosetta stone wont recognize the mounted iso.

either i am missing something here or the program doesn't work.

any help with clear instructions would be great.
(ps French is the next language i want to grab, i might ask with that later)

LubTheStaringCat
09-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Try this, It's called Virtual CloneDrive...And It's free.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

I had the same problem with the ISO's, remember when loading the ISO. Do It In one with the 4 folders all In the ISO archive.
Example, (data, documentation, languages, speech) all In the ISO archive, do It that way with all ISO's. then name them German level 1,2 and 3 and so on.

Hope this helps, good luck m8.

aperson1192
09-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Each of the levels have their own Iso.

I will try slysoft and report back.

Still no luck with slysoft.

If by mounting the image, Rosetta Stone should recognize that there is a german language disc and should load it then.
its not doing this so i must be missing something. I have looked around and honestly i dont understand any directions.

yevgeny
09-30-2010, 02:44 AM
If using windows 7 x64 try the following, perhaps try updating to v3.4.5 of the rosetta stone application then try virtual clone drive again.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs:
1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in windows 7.

- taken from microsoft support.

LubTheStaringCat
09-30-2010, 08:34 AM
When I was having problems with Rosetta Stone, what I was doing wrong.
When making German level 1, I made a folder and named It (German level 1) then I put the four sub folders there, (data, documentation, languages, speech)
Then made an ISO out of (German level 1) folder.

That's what I was dong wrong.

You put the four folders as below example:

aperson1192
10-04-2010, 09:24 PM
ok so i just use the ISO as they are and make them a bootable ISO?
each iso for each level already contains the 4 folders.