PDA

View Full Version : New Fall 2010 TV series

IdolEyes787
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Now that they've more or less all premiered , anyone watch any ? Anyone like any?

I caught the first episode of several ( Hawaii Five-0 ,The Event, The Undercovers :sick:,Chase, No Ordinary Family ,Boardwalk Empire ) but didn't ( with the exception of The Undercovers) hate any but didn't have any inclination to tune in again either .

MagicNakor
10-04-2010, 01:33 AM
I actually liked Lone Star but didn't expect it to survive on FOX (which it didn't). Running Wilde (also on FOX, likely also cancelled) feels like an alternate-reality Arrested Development where Gob is completely estranged from the Bluths, but isn't as funny; they should have used Tony Hale instead of David Cross.

:shuriken:

tesco
10-12-2010, 11:15 PM
New Fall 2010 TV series ?? I have never watched it, Kindly suggest me some more info on this show.. I really wanna know.
:mellow:

IdolEyes787
10-13-2010, 01:31 AM
New Fall 2010 TV series ?? I have never watched it, Kindly suggest me some more info on this show.. I really wanna know.
:mellow:

He probably doesn't have cable.:unsure:

Shows that I've seen so far.

Better with You
Blue Bloods
Chase
The Defenders
Detroit 1-8-7
The Event
Hawaii Five-O
Lonestar
Lost Girl
Mike & Molly
My Generation
Nikita
No Ordinary Family
Outlaw
Outsourced
Raising Hope
Running Wilde
S#*! My Dad Says
Undercovers

Shows that I have liked so far

Rart
10-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Haven't checked out any of the new shows coming out. I don't trust the TV industry enough anymore to sacrifice 40 minutes to a giant crap shoot. Judging from your comments though, I guess I made the right choice. I'd watch Hawaii Five-o though, if only for Grace Park :drool:

Still following quite a few shows though. I've renewed my interest in Dexter, have caught up through season 4 and now am watching them as they come. Pretty amazing shit. Supernatural premiere was a bit weak, but the recent episodes have been amazing. Still following glee as well (Grilled Cheezus was amazing, btw). Occasional Big Bang as well here and there. I should revive some of the older threads on these shows when the new episodes are out, it would be nice to get some decent discussion started on them (if anyone still views this section/these shows anymore...).

And I apparently managed to lock the thread as well. Woops.

IdolEyes787
10-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Nice to see you're still alive bud.

I want to love Grace Park but she just too skinny:(
Yeah Grilled Cheezus , you have to laugh at the very idea.
I'm basically sticking to the old series too and the real irony is that for the first time in my life I have a kick -ass home theater set-up (relatively speaking) with 200+ channels and I'm finding less and less reason to turn on the TV.
I'm reduced to catching up on Burn Notice and watching the Nation Geographic channel and :unsure: the Food Network .
Fat people really benefit by the big screen HD btw.:mellow:

Rart
10-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Yea college is a bitch :dabs: Shitload of work but we have an amazing hockey team. The games are fucking amazing, we scored 5 goals in the first period in our last game :lol:. Makes it all worthwhile. However they're all just a bunch of canucks recruited from Canadia. And two Texans :mellow: Didn't even know they knew what hockey was down there.

I used to swear by Burn Notice and watched every single episode. It always followed a case-of-the-week kind of deal but it was still great considering how fun and unique the episodes were. But honestly though after three seasons it really does start to get stale after a while. And the new character (don't know how far you are?) is really quite bland and doesn't really add anything new to the show. I think the main storylines are actually pretty entertaining but progress far too slowly to be taken at face value. If they perhaps transition to purely focusing on a singular story line that could really be the saving grace of the show, but I doubt that'll happen. I'll give it a shot when it comes back from it's mid season break, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to stick with it.

Also, a pirate with an HD setup and a channel subscription? That's something you don't hear everyday.

And Food Network? Embracing your deeply feminine side? Trying to impress Detale or something? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

canuck32
10-23-2010, 03:38 AM
I find most of this year's new shows suck. I like Terriers, but its ratings are apparently horrible so its probably going to get canceled. Lone Star was promising but it got axed by Fox.

lea88
10-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Amongst the new series, I am currently watching The Defenders and Chase. Both are pretty good however still no awesome series like lost, prison break, 24, heroes etc

HeavyMetalParkingLot
10-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Didn't even know they knew what hockey was down there.

There are 17 pro and semi pro teams here :-P

OT: I am waiting for The Walking Dead that starts on Halloween and Rubicon has been enjoyable.

Sporkk
10-23-2010, 03:25 PM
OT: I am waiting for The Walking Dead

Outstanding show. Watched the preair pilot last night.

IdolEyes787
10-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Yea college is a bitch :dabs: Shitload of work but we have an amazing hockey team. The games are fucking amazing, we scored 5 goals in the first period in our last game :lol:. Makes it all worthwhile. However they're all just a bunch of canucks recruited from Canadia. And two Texans :mellow: Didn't even know they knew what hockey was down there.

I used to swear by Burn Notice and watched every single episode. It always followed a case-of-the-week kind of deal but it was still great considering how fun and unique the episodes were. But honestly though after three seasons it really does start to get stale after a while. And the new character (don't know how far you are?) is really quite bland and doesn't really add anything new to the show. I think the main storylines are actually pretty entertaining but progress far too slowly to be taken at face value. If they perhaps transition to purely focusing on a singular story line that could really be the saving grace of the show, but I doubt that'll happen. I'll give it a shot when it comes back from it's mid season break, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to stick with it.

Also, a pirate with an HD setup and a channel subscription? That's something you don't hear everyday.

And Food Network? Embracing your deeply feminine side? Trying to impress Detale or something? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Study hard ,eat all your veggies ,avoid bad influences and one day you may grow up to be President. If not then you will at least have succeeded at being as boring as fuck.
As for Texacadians and hockey consider it this way - everyone play fooseball down there but few actually get to start and fewer still get to star.
If you were a decent but unspectacular athlete wouldn't it make sense to go into something that nobody with any athletic ability cared about ?
Look at the opportunities ,first line,travel, scholarships maybe even a little respect and getting laid (OK carrying it a bit too far there,let's stay realistic) .
I think there's even an official name for that sort of stardom by default sort of thing , fastest white man alive or most intelligent mod at FST or something.

As for the TV ( and pathetically I'm not making this up ) I only originally wanted a flat screen so I could mount it on the wall and run my bike training programs through it as I rode. Unfortunately I came into more money than I had brains ( not much and less) and it sort of grew from there.
Besides I'm old and computers don't agree with me:no:

clocker
10-24-2010, 02:40 AM
The only new show I'm watching is Boardwalk Empire (HBO).
It shows promise but the jury is still out.

mr. nails
10-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Better with You
Blue Bloods
Chase
The Defenders
Detroit 1-8-7
The Event
Hawaii Five-O
Lonestar
Lost Girl
Mike & Molly
My Generation
Nikita
No Ordinary Family
Outlaw
Outsourced
Raising Hope
Running Wilde
S#*! My Dad Says
Undercovers

i'm going off this list of shows. i have no idea wtf has came out and i never have. i just pick shows up as time goes by.

i just watched Hawaii Five-0 and the 1st ep was ok.

i watched Nikita when it first came out and stopped there. horrible 1st ep.

i watched the 1st ep of Lost Girl and it sucked as well.

edit*

i just watched ep 1 of Blue Bloods which was the better show of the above so far.

edit**

watched ep 1 of Detroil 187. not sure if i like this or not. kinda bored throughout, but Natalie Martinez is hot and the cliff hanger was enough to want me to watch ep2.

edit***

watched Chase and it was all right. i'll give this one another ep.

could not find the show Lonestar btw.

more to come as i watch them.

others i'm currently watching are (most of these are currently on break):

01. V (awaiting Season 2)
02. Justified (awaiting Season 2)
03. Steven Seagal Lawman (on Season 2)
04. Rookie Blue (awaiting Season 2)
05. The Glades (awaiting Season 2)
06. Dexter (on Season 5)
07. Vampire Diaries (on Season 2)
08. Flashpoint (awaiting Season 4)
09. True Blood (awaiting Season 4)
10. Jag (on Season 5)
11. Six Feet Under (on Season 3)
12. The Shield (on Season 4)
13. Eastbound and Down (on Season 2)

eJoyB
10-28-2010, 01:58 PM
ok so as far as new series are concerned, there were quite a few this fall,
for me the ones that stand out from what i've seen so far are
Rubicon (a really good and deep series, it's already finished for the first season)
The Event has started on the right foot, and everything looks good till now, i hope it continues keeping us on our seat.
Boardwalk Empire from HBO, haven't decided on this one yet but it looks promising, besides it's an HBO series and they have a way with them.
The walking Dead can't wait to start. it sounds really promising.

As far as new seasons are concerned from existing series here i go with
fringe season 3 (i like the first, i loved the second, and i'm keeping my thumb up for the third until now, hope it continues this way)
Stargate Universe season 2 (i miss a few good space/aliens series and i believe this one fills in the gap pretty good)

brightsid
11-15-2010, 08:24 PM
It shows promise but the jury is still out.
Last few episodes are really good. One eye shooter is really perfect character

mr. nails
11-22-2010, 08:44 AM

watched the first ep last nite. pretty good show.