PDA

View Full Version : Mirc Needs More Anime.

shinzuiski
11-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know of a mirc server or site dedicatd to anime ? everytime i search it seems as if mirc has NO ANIME AT ALL.

kazaa is way to slow, staying at under 2kb all the damn time, DC++ i cant connect for some reason, shareazaa hasnt got any anime either and when u find one it stays on connecting for ever, ed2k has LOTS AND LOTS of anime but has 0 sources for every single anime file on the network, its gettin rediculous waiting more then 1 day for 1 episode of anime.

the only program so far that has been fast for me has be MIRC going at a solid 50 to 55kb a sec.

but it hasnt got much anime.

so, does anyone know of a dedicated anime mirc server or site?

RealitY
11-05-2003, 11:23 AM
I think you may want to do some reading on News Groups,
alt.binaries.mutimedia.anime is just one of the larger ones...

shinzuiski
11-05-2003, 11:39 AM
i found a site with that alt.binaries.mutimedia.anime stuff, and it doesnt let me do anything it just has lists and lists, its not reasonable to read the 100's of pages.

isnt there a site with quick links to anime for mirc, like the way that packetnews.com does it, but have anime instead.

Bebi
11-05-2003, 12:11 PM
bittorrent might be for you, http://www.suprnova.tk

Adster
11-05-2003, 12:43 PM
wtf are news groups :huh:

james_bond_rulez
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
who said there is no anime, there is tons of em

http://picview.250free.com/anime.jpg

shinzuiski
11-05-2003, 12:49 PM
what is that james bond ? is that for mirc ?

i said i found a siet like that, it does nothing it just joines a mirc channel then it sits there and does nothing, thats why i asked for quick links.

anyways, im looking for ikkitousen and chobits at the moment, the ones on kazaa are going to slow, and theres none on mirc.

james_bond_rulez
11-05-2003, 12:51 PM
this is newsgroups <_<

ZaZu
11-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Try #anime-empire B)

also:anime-empire.net (http://www.anime-empire.net/)

ZaZu
11-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Adster@5 November 2003 - 05:43
wtf are news groups :huh:
slyck.com (http://www.slyck.com/ng.php) ;)

danne
11-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Actually, almost ALL fasubgroups have channels on different irc servers. Find out what you want, find a group that has subbed it, find out where the group can be found.

irc.aniverse.com is popular.

I hardly get any anime from IRC these days, used to when it was the only way to get subs tho ^^

As IRC-nets change rules, groups change nets. There are loads on aniverse tho. You may also try irc.mircx.com.

edit:

btw, most anime is spread by bittorrent these days. There are also *loads* of dc++ hubs that are anime only.

check link in sig, check link section, I am sure you will find more than enuff.

shinzuiski
11-05-2003, 04:17 PM
with those newsgroup things, is there a site simmilar to ircspy or packetnews.com where you search the anime you want, then you click the number, then you paste the code, and it starts to download ?

james_bond_rulez
11-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by shinzuiski@5 November 2003 - 16:17
with those newsgroup things, is there a site simmilar to ircspy or packetnews.com where you search the anime you want, then you click the number, then you paste the code, and it starts to download ?
the titles of the newsgroups are kinda give-aways

just select a newsgroup u like and subcribe

but you could visit http://www.nfonews.com/ for file on newsgroups

but the site is not a auto indexing site, ppl submit the info to the site, quite inefficient actually

boxofslavery
11-06-2003, 01:23 AM
Go to http://baka-updates.com
They are a collection of hundreds of fansub groups. They have MirC links for each and every group. They also have a ton of Bittorent links, but are primarily IRC. They also list releases by each group. Baka-Updates is by far the number one site for what you&#39;re looking for.

shinzuiski
11-06-2003, 03:43 AM
baka updates just has a list of who fansubs what, it doesnt have any mirc quick links.

even when you join the mirc channel of a particular fansub group, how can you download from them ? they dont have any links or anything.

boxofslavery
11-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Baka Updates does have MirC links....I wish I could post screenshots to show you. Go to groups, then it&#39;s there for each one. There&#39;s many tutorials on how to download using Irc....it&#39;s really complicated and lengthy so I can&#39;t post anything here. Go to any one of them and ask for a tutorial site....I&#39;m sure someone will gladly help you.

shinzuiski
11-06-2003, 04:02 AM
i already know how to download from mirc. my problem is that i cant find a decent freekin site that has any quick links to anime so i dont have to fuck around with this news groups bullshit.

my first question was if there is any sites that have quick links to anime, all i wanted to know is if someone knew of a site like that or not. i didnt want bittorent because there hundreds of bittorrent anime sites, wich btw hardley ever work.

even the anime-empire bittorrent links dont work, and when they do its downloading at 2kb a sec.

boxofslavery
11-06-2003, 06:29 AM
I wasn&#39;t advertising baka-updates as a bittorent site, esp. since I already said their main thing is IRC. That&#39;s the quickest one out there. It&#39;s pretty quick if ya think about it. Pick a series, go to "series info" then find a group that subs it. Then ya click on that group&#39;s MirC link then download the anime via IRC directly from their bots. I don&#39;t know what more you want. If you want one main IRC channel that has ALL anime, well, gomen, but I really think that&#39;s a far fetched dream. Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;d LOVE it if there were such a thing, but there&#39;s just too many channels as it is.

I don&#39;t think one site could host lots of anime not via bittorent because hosting costs money. That&#39;d cost so so so so much money.

shinzuiski
11-06-2003, 09:47 AM
ok looks ill say it again.

i just want to know if there is a site like ircspy or packetnews.com that searches irc for anime.

baka updates doesnt help me, ill explain why now.

ok, i choose chobits, it sais that AnimeJunkies, Anime-Fury, Anime-Network all sub this series, Ok now animejunkies site doesnt work, anime-fury&#39;s site doesnt have a mirc channel and anime-network doesnt have a mirc channel either.

therefore, baka-updates hasnt help me what so ever.

before i say anything else, do you understand what im asking ?

is...there....a....search...engine....that.....you.....can....search.....for....anime.....and.....it....tells....you.....wich.....channel.....has.....that.....anime.....

YES/NO.

boxofslavery
11-06-2003, 11:31 AM
whoa there buddy....just trying to help.
no...there...is...no...magical...search...engine...that....does...the...impossible...task...you...want.
but baka updates CAN connect directly to animejunkies and anime network&#39;s IRC channel...you&#39;re right about anime-fury. i don&#39;t see them in group listings at all. wonder why? too many to keep up with everything perfectly for them I guess. i really wish there was a search engine like you looked for. it would be such a wonderful thing. but alas....not all dreams get answered *whisks away in a whimsical manner showing nothing can drag her down*

oh ya...just in case you or someone else reading this wants it, here&#39;s the direct baka updates link that will let you directly get onto animejunkies or anime networks irc channel. if you don&#39;t want this, just ignore it. don&#39;t get all pissed off and flame me....that won&#39;t accomplish anything good.
http://baka-updates.com/index.php?page=gro...t=true&rpages=0 (http://baka-updates.com/index.php?page=groups&next=true&rpages=0)

shinzuiski
11-06-2003, 12:48 PM
what does
#anime-keep unable to join channel (address is banned) mean ?

what i dont get is how come there is a search engine for movies, games, music, and every other media BESIDES anime ?

why cant ircspy and packetnews.com pick up on the anime ? is it because those anime channels dont want them to ?

NotoriousBIC
11-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Why do you ask that here? Ask that IRCSpy and Packetnews themselves, I&#39;m sure they can answer that.
If you create an account with IRCSpy you can submit channels yourselves...

My advice however is to use Bittorrent for anime. A lot of release-groups are now solely distributing their new releases through that.
For older anime use Direct Connect.

Either that or hang out in the fansubbers channels. Both Baka-Updates and Animesuki list their channels. Since you already know mIRC and know what you want you won&#39;t have much use for a search engine anyway...

Switeck
11-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Try this tracker for lots of anime episode BitTorrent links:
http://anime.mircx.com/

boxofslavery
11-07-2003, 06:34 AM
Wow...that&#39;s a really useful link Switek....thanks&#33;&#33;
As for shinzuiski saying all the p2p is too slow, um....when i download via bittorent, it literally downloads faster than I can watch it.
As lots of ppl here say, bittorent is an excellent way to download anime. If you haven&#39;t tried that yet, perhaps you should. You probably have tho. I guess having a good connection helps me too. Just an idea. Don&#39;t get mad if I&#39;m accidentally stepping on your toes here.

NotoriousBIC
11-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Some other good anime Bittorrent sites

http://www.animesuki.com/
http://a.scarywater.net/

Look in the K-Lite Anime Database for other good links (link is in my sig)

shinzuiski
11-07-2003, 03:39 PM
i already told you that i have tried bittorent. and it doesnt download fast for me for some reason, but its only anime that does it so im guessing theres not enough seeds.

p2p is slow, ive been having this problem for ages, i made another thread about it hoping someone could help, but no one has been able to yet.

what happens is it will find over 100 sources for the file, and start downloading from about 10 or 15 useres then it will just drop those useres and only download from 1 user at like 2kb.

speedup doesnt help at all either. and i cant use dc++, i get errors, on this other p2p i tried it sais CANNOT CONNECT: UDP PORT CLOSED or something.

if anyone has any FAST bittorent links for CHOBITS can they please tell me ? i can download at over 50kb so by rights it should go fast. so please if anyone has chobits please tell me.

ZaZu
11-07-2003, 06:04 PM
I have all 27 episodes of Chobits, downloaded them all off K-Lite :)
they are online now

sam71
11-08-2003, 04:24 AM
I have no problem using BT, MIRC, KAZAA, DC++ and neither should anyone. The end&#33;

shinzuiski
11-08-2003, 05:35 AM
i know we shouldent, but the fact is i am, thats why i made this post.

also to the guy sharing chobits, thank you.

do anyone know why ikkitosuen seems to not be downloading, all eps from 1 to 4 went really fast, now eps from 5 onwards are just staying on connecting.

shinzuiski
11-08-2003, 06:49 AM
why isnt my kazaa finding any more fucking sources, this is seriously gettin on my fucking nerves.

ive been uploading at a solid 20kb to people all fucking day, maybe thats the problem, im going to stop sharing all my shit for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

boxofslavery
11-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Kazaa is not being a "gaycunt" although nice choice of words...whatever. The problem obviously lies on your end here. So let&#39;s try to solve the problem without you being so "gaycunt-like". Let&#39;s see, I&#39;m no comp genius, but perhaps a firewall is to blame? That will severely limit bittorent speeds I know if that is the problem. Also, sharing four or less files will not affect your download speed so there&#39;s no reason to do that, even if the excuse is to download faster. While downloading from Kazaa, I limit uploads to 8. While only uploading (99% of the time) my limit is 15. My comp can handle that with good speeds for all tho. However, even I find that if I&#39;m downloading more than 4 files, Kazaa will slow way way down. Running Kazaa and bittorent at the same time affects a lot of people, as does running IRC w/ something else. Pretty much having your comp do only one thing should help. When my comp goes into standby, it affects speeds, differently for different things. Perhaps that information can help? If all else fails I&#39;ll mail you the damn series on c.d. to shut you up about this.

shinzuiski
11-08-2003, 07:38 AM
well the only reason im so pissed of is because im paying 77&#036; for my connection, and i just want to be able to use it at full potential.

hmm i dont think im firewalled, because when i click on the network thing its not ticked.

what really is weird is that some things go at 50kb, i downloaded style xp for those awesome themes in the other thread and it was downloading at 50kb.

i think the main issue is *why is my kazaa dropping usres*. like i said before, it will find 10 or 15 users then drop down to 1 user. if i can solve this problem then im guessing it will go fast again, i dont know if people are canceling me, or blocking me or whatever.

on another thread someone said something about fileshare pro, im still waiting to see if anyone is willing to send ikkitousen series to me threw that.

shinzuiski
11-08-2003, 07:59 AM
just an example picture of what is does. it will either sit on connecting all day (litterally all day ) like you can see on the picture, or it will drop all those users.

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/081103-klitebeinghomo.jpg

And this is what i get when im extremley lucky...

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/081103-fastdownload.jpg

shinzuiski
11-08-2003, 06:17 PM
SSSSSSSSSOMMMMMMMMMMM BODDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEE&#33;

boxofslavery
11-09-2003, 01:49 AM
Hmm...well, I only pay &#036;44 a month for my connection, but sometimes you gotta complain to the ISP if you&#39;re not getting the speed you should be getting. Here&#39;s a link to test your speed for free: http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest
It&#39;s pretty accurate. One complaint brought my speed up 20X when it was slow. As for the users dropping thing....this isn&#39;t too rare on Kazaa or K-lite. Bittorent picks up speed but starts slow, Kazaa + K-lite usu. start fast then drop speed. Every time I sign onto K-lite, I&#39;ll show about 30 uploads, then it remembers it&#39;s limited and drops respectively. I think this dissapoints a lot of ppl who see a good source drop so quickly. I&#39;m not cancelling them, but it looks like I am. Also, even tho it&#39;ll find 20 users during search, that&#39;s not showing how many actually have an available upload slot. Your best bet for this, try the off-peak times. Lotsa ppl leave Kazaa on all night, meaning you&#39;ll get your turn to sneak in there and download from them. I get the best download speeds about 1:00 A.M. actually. Perhaps you could try messing with the Accelerator too. If you don&#39;t have it on, then ppl that do will get in before ya too. My sources drop dramatically when it&#39;s not on. That&#39;s about all I know to say to ya now. Tell me if this helps.

Switeck
11-09-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by boxofslavery@8 November 2003 - 20:49
Every time I sign onto K-lite, I&#39;ll show about 30 uploads, then it remembers it&#39;s limited and drops respectively. I think this dissapoints a lot of ppl who see a good source drop so quickly. I&#39;m not cancelling them, but it looks like I am. Also, even tho it&#39;ll find 20 users during search, that&#39;s not showing how many actually have an available upload slot.
You get all those uploads at once because you&#39;re on a fixed ip, not firewalled (according to KL++), and not behind a router/NAT. (if you are, you&#39;re running KaNAT + port-forwarding.)

More people can FIND your files every hour than can download them -- it just means you probably need to drain off those excessive upload requests instead of allowing lots of NEW upload requests that you won&#39;t have free upload bandwidth to fill sometime next week. :P

boxofslavery
11-09-2003, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the info Switeck. I&#39;ll see what I can do about it.

shinzuiski
11-09-2003, 08:50 AM
hmmmm......i dunno, ive been trying to fix this problem for about 2 weeks, im glad heeps of people are trying to help. i guess im just going to have to be patient and deal with having slow downloads.

also another thing, it only seems to be some things, mostly the anime, so im guessing its because so many people are trying to download anime these days.

i found this because as soon as i ahred all my anime again it automatically showed 12 people downloading all my anime.

well, thanks for the help from everyone. as i said above, im guessing its just because so many people are downloading anime.

thanks again for the help. i guess ill add my 40gb or shared stuff back to the fast track network :)

boxofslavery
11-10-2003, 06:00 AM
thanks shinzuiski for sharing again. Perhaps you&#39;re right with that. I mean, some people get faster dl than ul....means that others MUST get slower dl than ul. It&#39;s the way p2p works. If it makes ya feel any better, I share my 89 anime series vids 20 hrs a day, 10-15 files a time, but only download a few files from kazaa a year. My comp is full right now, so unfortunately I can&#39;t put my Chobits back on for ya. Fat chance that you&#39;d even be able to find me anyway, different supernodes and all. Besides, Chobits has been liscenced here in the states. And I kinda respect that myself...not in any way dissing ppl that don&#39;t.

shinzuiski
11-10-2003, 09:32 AM
yeah if i could afford to buy all the anime that has been licened i would. save me from gettin pissed of and save me time too, but im in australia, anime isnt very big here, well where i am in australia its not very big. nearly every single video library here DOESNT have anime, there is only 1 i can think of that does.

can you recomend any other good p2p programs that you have used to get your anime fast ?

boxofslavery
11-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Well, bittorent works so well that I haven&#39;t really looked elsewhere. As I said, it literally downloads faster than I can watch it. A good idea perhaps would be to hang out in IRC chat rooms, and suck up enough to get an FTP link. Lotsa ppl there have them, and they&#39;re pretty fast. Lotsa ppl say IRC works faster than bittorent, esp. when downloading from bots, but I&#39;d think that&#39;s more for new releases. Hmm.....if Chobits isn&#39;t liscenced in Australia, I&#39;ll do a snail-mail trade or gift for ya. It&#39;s like &#036;5 total for c.d.&#39;s and postage for Chobits, so don&#39;t even worry &#39;bout it. e-mail [email protected] if ya want me to.

for the cheapest anime dvd&#39;s try www.discountanimedvd.com tho I don&#39;t know where they&#39;ll ship to. They&#39;re based in California here.