PDA

View Full Version : http://just4today.net/

JustDOSE
10-05-2010, 04:40 AM
http://just4today.net/ is a free Usenet server with a password that changes daily, 2 connections, 10 days retention. Its excellent for the price. Please dont leech free usenet servers out of existent. :yup:

ericab
10-05-2010, 05:12 AM
dupe.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/368736-Free-Usenet.-10-Days-Retention?highlight=just4today

Cabalo
10-05-2010, 05:25 AM
I've been using this one on a daily basis.

anon
10-05-2010, 01:48 PM
This service is already quite popular, but this thread could help those that don't know about it.

zot posted another free server that's faster and more permissive in terms of retention and connections, but it appears it makes up for that with reduced stability - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

backlash
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
the speeds used to be so good, but they really dropped since I started using it. Still speeds up my download speed when used in conjunction with my ISPs newsserver.

JustDOSE
10-09-2010, 11:27 PM
if you dudes did enough searching you'd find some really, really fast free servers with as much retention as giganews. Id rather not post them and have them leeched to death, just do some searching. Im not talkin about that test one posted here even though that one is nice just doesn't have much retention.

backlash
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
how about a PM. :)

Funkin'
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I've been using this one on a daily basis.

As have I. It's been a great and reliable server for many months now.

Cabalo
10-13-2010, 02:16 PM
if you dudes did enough searching you'd find some really, really fast free servers with as much retention as giganews. Id rather not post them and have them leeched to death, just do some searching. Im not talkin about that test one posted here even though that one is nice just doesn't have much retention.

That's the true spirit of filesharing...

JustDOSE
10-13-2010, 04:10 PM
so are you saying I should post the server info? ive gotten alot of pms about it...

Disme
10-13-2010, 05:26 PM
so are you saying I should post the server info? ive gotten alot of pms about it...

No, you shouldn't. People should do some kind of effort to get their files, instead of relying on others to get what they want.
Someone who is to lazy to look around for some freeservers certainly won't contribute much to the usenet-community.

JustDOSE
10-13-2010, 07:27 PM
@disme i've had you on ignore since you first started trolling me and your the reason i dont post the 'holy grail' server details here. Ill give it to that dude with the stallone avy and the admins but thats it.

snap3r
10-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Ill give it to that dude with the stallone avy

:lol::lol::lol:

Cabalo
10-14-2010, 01:14 AM

I understand your point, but the way you put it, looks like you are envious of other people.
In my case, I used to have a newsgroups subscription (simplyusenet), but then I found out my ISP offers me a quite capped but free one to astraweb (2 connections, max 120kb/s DL), plus just4today for the 0-day needs, and I thought: well, I have my immediate needs solved, and the older ones I'll just have to wait a little longer, but that's ok, they'll eventually arrive to the HDDs. Besides a couple of things snatched from Hdbits and BCG, I've been out of torrenting for around an year.

About disclosing your "secret", I guess if I were on your shoes it would depend of a couple of factors. First, how hard was it to find and second, what are my personal expectations on how long will it last.
I won't deny it, I'm as curious as everyone else here, but it in the end, it's your call, and whatever you decide to do, there's a valid reason to sustain that judgement.

Disme
10-14-2010, 06:39 AM
since you first started trolling me

You come to a filesharing-board and continuously insult people using certain filesharing-methods. I don't like that attitude and decided to react to it. That's far from trolling! :rolleyes:

your the reason i dont post the 'holy grail' server details here.

Trying to discredit me by posting such bullcrap ain't gonna work. Nobody buys that shit. You know well enough that posting such info on a board like FST will result in those servers being leeched to death within a week or so. Don't blame your own 'selfishness' on my behaviour.

Ill give it to that dude with the stallone avy and the admins but thats it.

I lolled since I don't give a crap about your super-duper servers and it seems you're assuming I need your 'intel'. If you think you're the only one with that kind of info you're a bit dilusional.

JustDOSE
10-14-2010, 10:12 AM
it was hard to find, it was only on foreign language sites, french. The servers website is blank i actually am starting to think its a honey pot. you know what they if its too good to be true it probably is, /sigh

zot
10-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Would one of these "really, really fast free servers" be that 5gig/10day trial account you posted earlier today?

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/425230-5-day-10gb-usenet-account

JustDOSE
10-14-2010, 11:22 PM

Would one of these "really, really fast free servers" be that 5gig/10day trial account you posted earlier today?

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/425230-5-day-10gb-usenet-account

i use free servers and my pay servers are used as fills

7r347
10-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Just some educated guesses :)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5338/80566496.jpg

zot
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
@zot im going to save you from embarrassing yourself further /iggy
Maybe you could tell me what I'm supposed to be embarrassed about?

@ 7r347
Nice one. (I think a few of us probably could make a good guess what that test server was)

heiska
10-15-2010, 06:46 PM
The fourth server he uses is news.readfreenews.com. Lulz, secret revealed.

OR PERHAPS NOT! People, keep digging!

JustDOSE
10-15-2010, 07:18 PM
yes it is how did you guess, damn i guess the secret is out. dang it, but at least the topic can die in peace.

omfg i fail

Arog
10-16-2010, 03:54 AM

giganews has 799 days retention while news.readfreenews.com has only 160 days hmm.

zot
10-16-2010, 06:18 PM
at least the topic can die in peace.

The "topic" might die when you finally admit that you were just bullshitting us the whole time about this supposedly top-secret free server with Giganews-level retention. :lol:

But that's OK JustDOSE, those incredible claims made for an exciting game that got our attention - even if it turned out that in the end, you were just blowing smoke :P

JustDOSE
10-16-2010, 07:17 PM
w/e makes you feel better

technovert
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
They also operate a server with more retention (40 days), more connections (10) at a very affordable price of 5 EUR/month or 25 EUR/year at budgetnews.net

Funkin'
10-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Not too shabby. Thanks for bringing that up tech. If this 10 day free server ever dies, and that deal remains I'll probably go ahead and grab it. An extremely small price yearly to grab everything fairly new.

Duron
10-25-2010, 09:38 PM
An extremely small price yearly to grab everything fairly new.yeah if only downloading 0day stuff it seems very good - I am thinking to get it as a spare account

Anyone know if it allows account sharing?

zot
10-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Bugetnews does not allow account sharing, according to their faq.

Duron
10-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Indeed and no ssl

I wonder if there are any other really cheap providers like this around too (even if retention is limited)